Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 10-02-2019, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaOfDe View Post
    I came across a video of Roy Schildt interviewing Todd Rogers (august 2010) about the 1,062,800 score. Not sure if this came across here.

It a clip from “DK MC Conspiracy pt 5”, not pt 6

(better save before gets taken down)

- “There was no intend in the beginning to make any records”

- “I told you earlier, nothing was arranged”

- "And it progressed into, since I am here, I want us to steal a performance. Show me what you got on Donkey Kong. And that developed into a gameplay”

Also talking about the idea of BM against TR playing DK blindfolded, clearly no mention of a well planned high score event like it is said in the evidence package.

This contradicts some statements regarding the 1,062,800 score about a planned High score attempt (with a referee who wasn’t planned to be there).

("I was contacted in regards to a Billy Mitchell world record attempt", "Delivered it to Boomers for a high score attempt") etc.
    Thanks for citing this and posting it to the thread. I think it's one of the reasons why we don't find a witness statement from Rogers in the Evidence Package for the 1.06 million score - it completely contradicts in the starkest way possible the other statements about how the high score attempt came together. Rogers' reported statement to Pineiro in the article that the white plastic bag contained newspaper cuttings and tarantulas and not Mitchell's 1.06m videos may also have compelled Mitchell not to press Rogers for a statement. From reading the legal letters exchanged between Mitchell and TG, it doesn't sound like the witness statements would even come up in any court litigation, but if they were relevant I'm convinced one of the quickest ways to end this whole thing would be to have Morningdove Mahoney provide her testimony on the Boomer's event as the second referee (or possibly the only referee depending on how you define the position since Rogers was actually a video game "evangelist" at this time, which sounds completely honorary and not a position for adjudicating scores).
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-02-2019 at 02:54 AM.
  2. 10-02-2019, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - this is nothing more than an attempt by "Team Billy" to squash the truth.

The Streisand Effect will insure that does not happen. There are already a half a dozen reposts of The Perfect Fraudman and The King of Con up on YouTube. The irony is that those films are hard slogs to get through, but now I feel compelled to bear down and re-watch them.

Again with the speculation: I would be surprised to learn that Mr. Mitchell filed that copyright notice. There is some very stern language presented when making that claim about being criminally liable for filing a false notice. It just would be a lot safer to have a toadie file it and maintain your "plausible" deniability in the event Mr. Richard were to counter sue.

If that is in fact what has happened, the strike will fall apart shortly after Mr. Richard files his counter notice.
  3. 10-02-2019, 08:05 AM
    Personally, I hope he does file a counter-notice. Odds are regardless of whether or not it was actually him, it'll only make him look worse.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes grinder2112 liked this post
  4. 10-02-2019, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder2112 View Post
    The Streisand Effect will insure that does not happen. There are already a half a dozen reposts of The Perfect Fraudman and The King of Con up on YouTube. The irony is that those films are hard slogs to get through, but now I feel compelled to bear down and re-watch them.

Again with the speculation: I would be surprised to learn that Mr. Mitchell filed that copyright notice. There is some very stern language presented when making that claim about being criminally liable for filing a false notice. It just would be a lot safer to have a toadie file it and maintain your "plausible" deniability in the event Mr. Richard were to counter sue

RTM REPLY - interesting points. Assume a "toadie" filed at Bill's direction, much as he used to have people like Dwayne and myself make posts to counter KoK claims after that film's release. There's no proof of this and he can always, if it suits his needs, throw that "toadie" under the bus and state that no such instructions were ever given.

So if no one raises a ruckus over these "yanks" of videos by YouTube, then Billy gets to sit back and do nothing. But if a stew pot is boiling over he can then claim "wasn't anything that (he) asked someone to do on (his) behalf)".

As always he plays the media like a fiddle.

I wonder...pure speculation...WHAT would happen in the here-and-now if someone dug up an old, obscure small-town local newspaper either from stateside or international, where a local kid many years ago, perhaps that town's local arcade "Top Gun", was the first documented 1M+ on "Donkey Kong" WAY back in the early 1980's, and yet that town never heard of "Twin Galaxies" back then. Wouldn't that be something, indeed.
  5. 10-02-2019, 10:46 AM
    RTM REPLY ...

I wonder...pure speculation...WHAT would happen in the here-and-now if someone dug up an old, obscure small-town local newspaper either from stateside or international, where a local kid many years ago, perhaps that town's local arcade "Top Gun", was the first documented 1M+ on "Donkey Kong" WAY back in the early 1980's, and yet that town never heard of "Twin Galaxies" back then. Wouldn't that be something, indeed.
    TGSAP does not import from newspapers or anything else. Finding such a score could lead to some facebook and twin galaxies forum drama, but it would have no official effect. And rightfully so. Didnt both newspapers and the president himself acknowledge a 6 million on pacman? Being documented even in prestigious newspapers is not proof, certianly documentation in an obscure newspaper misses the mark.

as a side note, i could've sworn I heard Roy's contested scores also had newspaper documentation. So if those rumors are true, the both pre-tgsap and modern day tgsap are unified in not just ceding authority to the news
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  6. 10-02-2019, 01:08 PM
    RTM REPLY - interesting points. Assume a "toadie" filed at Bill's direction, much as he used to have people like Dwayne and myself make posts to counter KoK claims after that film's release. There's no proof of this and he can always, if it suits his needs, throw that "toadie" under the bus and state that no such instructions were ever given.

So if no one raises a ruckus over these "yanks" of videos by YouTube, then Billy gets to sit back and do nothing. But if a stew pot is boiling over he can then claim "wasn't anything that (he) asked someone to do on (his) behalf)".

As always he plays the media like a fiddle.

No one but the owner of content --or someone acting directly on behalf of the owner in an official capacity-- who must be named in the form can make a claim of ownership to the content they say someone else posted, either in part or full on their video. It is electronically signed and binding. Ive filed dozens upon dozens of these against channels from stealing some or part of my largest earning vids, its very prevalent on youtube.
    It would have to be filed by Billy himself or someone who signed they are acting for him and he is aware of it.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
  7. 10-02-2019, 01:17 PM
    On the dispute thread TG mentioned:
    "Twin Galaxies has completed its review of the materials."

When will TG decide an outcome of the review? Does this mean Billy scores are re-instated or not?
    Does this mean a legal action will follow from either side or not?

So nothing will happen now? any next steps /actions expected from TG?
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  8. 10-02-2019, 04:30 PM
    Read the response letter attached to the TG final post:

"Let there be no confusion, Mr. Mitchell's Donkey Kong sores (sic) of 1,047,200 (the King of Kong "tape"), 1,050,200 (the Mortgage Brokers score) as well as any other de-listed scores that were attributed to him will not be restored to the score database. There will be no retraction or reinstatement."
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
    Likes Rev John liked this post
  9. 10-02-2019, 05:00 PM
    I might as well plop my theory here, hopefully someone can poke a huge hole in it. It's not an original theory or anything.

I think Robert Childs was tasked with making a solution for recording gameplay from a DK cabinet by his old friend and arcade legend Billy Mitchell. So he set about the task, and he came into possession of the two-bit converter board but didn't use it because he couldn't get it to work. Anyway he got some other help and it turned out to be some sort of emulation solution, and it worked great.

Whenever Billy wanted to do some recording, Robert would show up and "hook up the VCR" which consisted of converting an arcade cabinet into an emulation cabinet etc. Billy would play on non-original hardware and otherwise legitimately play the game and obtain new high scores as it recorded to VHS tape. Referees (Todd Rogers, etc) stand by and adjudicate the gameplay.

Years pass and the tapes are determined to be non-original hardware, and the scores are removed, etc, etc.

Robert Childs doesn't remember the setup because he'd have to confess to using emulation and letting down his friend. Meanwhile his friend makes up every cockamamie theory in the book because as far as he knows he played on a cabinet, and there's no way his friend would let him down so badly.... knowing how important it was to set the records in an authentic way.

It vindicates Billy and Todd, at least as it relates to the DK scores and not all the other shenanigans.

What's the hole in this theory?
    Likes francoisadt, Von Krieger liked this post
  10. 10-02-2019, 05:39 PM
    Twin Galaxies, it is time for you to release the gameplay footage used as evidence of the record which was the target of this dispute. Continuing to keep this footage secret is harming the credibility of your claims of transparency, Twin Galaxies, so you ought to desist from doing so. To help you locate the videocassettes containing the footage, here is what they look like:-

Attachment 98525
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Join us