Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

    This poll is closed
  1. 10-11-2021, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I can't speak for Cat for much outside of the constant downing you give and what she has said about Rudy stalking her, but PSP has stated that many people started hating him once he started questioning Mitchell.
    That's not true at all. Matter of fact there are old forum posts on this site of PSP congratulating Billy with excitement in his posts. I would challenge anyone to find a forum post or old FB/Twitter posts from him BITD questioning Billy. Same with Cat. She used to always make posts about how Billy, Joel, etc were all great true champions. She even dubbed them "The Originals". It wasn't til after scores got disputed that they completely changed their story with Billy, Todd, etc. Then all of the sudden they always knew and were the only ones questioning scores. I mean heck... they were making "I Stand With Todd" posts when his dispute was going on and then after it ended they were quick to throw him under the bus and claim they always knew. You'll find that to be an ongoing theme with these people. It's all about attention and trying to garner sympathy. The fact is people started hating these people because of their actions and their attitudes. With PSP when he started doing things like cutting up another gamer's submission on a live stream, making a public video trashing the old owner Pete, making controversial decisions as a ref that were there to mess with another gamer, trying to sell TG video tape submissions he had in storage back to the gamers that did them, scamming people on Kickstarter for a show he did that lasted 2 episodes, etc. To things like recently selling undumped prototypes on Ebay after they were donated to him for preservation purposes. It's things like that which make people not like him not his lie that he questioned Billy's scores. With Cat people started not liking her once she made a ridiculous video trashing the Donkey Kong community. Calling them a bunch of jocks that play a crappy game and a subhuman mob. Mind you too this was when the DK community was at its peak. These people were never victims only antagonists. I still got a lot of screenshots of them flat out making fun of Rudy and messing with him. I mean I uploaded the audio on my YouTube channel of the stream where he cut up Rudy's submission. He apparently doesn't want people to hear that audio cause he gave my channel a bogus copyright strike to get the audio taken down. That's the type of people these guys are.
    Last edited by Ninglendo; 10-11-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    Thanks datagod, Scoops thanked this post
    Likes datagod, D.B. Cooper liked this post
  2. 10-11-2021, 02:00 PM
    i see alot of people taking the oversimplified, often self contraditing 'my enemies enemy is my friend" and "my enemies friend is my friend" as well as "my enemies enemies enemy must be my enemies friend" (for example, if psp is billy's enemy, and i bash psp, its wrongly concluded that i defended billy's cheating). its of course ridiculous cause billy has plenty of "haters" who both hate each other, hater1 will say "well you hate me, and i hate bill, therefore you're on billyside" oblivious to the fact that hater2 can same the same thing back to hate1. it gets pretty absurd

    the world here is not as simple as "everyone on billys side and everyone not". it amazes me how much control and importance people assign to billy, and to a lesser degree todd (same thing there, if i have an issue with someone who had an issue with todd that somehow means i believe his fake scores even the ones i personally disputed).

    i've definitley seen people blame billy mitchell for all their problems, and all the criticisms they recieve, when in reality, plenty more leads us to shaping opinions of each other than billy mitchell.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 10-11-2021, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    That's not true at all. Matter of fact there are old forum posts on this site of PSP congratulating Billy with excitement in his posts. I would challenge anyone to find a forum post or old FB/Twitter posts from him BITD questioning Billy. Same with Cat. She used to always make posts about how Billy, Joel, etc were all great true champions. She even dubbed them "The Originals". It wasn't til after scores got disputed that they completely changed their story with Billy, Todd, etc. Then all of the sudden they always knew and were the only ones questioning scores. I mean heck... they were making "I Stand With Todd" posts when his dispute was going on and then after it ended they were quick to throw him under the bus and claim they always knew.
    I don't think it's fair to apply hindsight bias even though you suggest they are doing such themselves. In all fairness, they were probably only doing their job. If I were working for TG as some sort of authority, I can't imagine lasting very long if I spoke ill of someone who funded TG and his friends. PSP said he was under an NDA as well, so suddenly speaking out against him after never doing such for so long is something that may naturally happen. It's not fair for you to say that despite supporting these people earlier, they suddenly changed their minds to become backstabbers. By that logic, you might as well say Race and Kleisath threw Mitchell under the bus too.
    Could you also please provide sources to their support of Todd during the dispute?

    -the rest of the message-
    Yeah. I don't really have much to say on that. These speak much more on his character in my opinion than his interactions related to Mitchell, so I'll concede.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 10-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.
  4. 10-11-2021, 02:39 PM
    i tried and cant find the original posts. It appears to me lonnie deleted it (for a long time psp wouldnt come here himself but would ask others to post for him). here though starcrytas quotes it in comment 37Name:  image.png
Views: 122
Size:  130.3 KB
    i wont be digging through wikiepdia again, but if you care enough you can find in the history section the vandalism there also pointing to psp's personal facebook page with the same writeup. I know i know, someone might have framed psp as hes previously denied those comments are all his, so i'll let people decide for themselves how likely it is that someone else from ip texas makes a bunch of posts that he agrees with and promotes his facebook page and team.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas, RedDawn, datagod liked this post
  5. 10-11-2021, 02:43 PM
    its also worth noting when he could no longer stand by todd, the narrative moved to (paraphased only sligthly due to my own imperfect memory) "removal of todds scores means nothing until billy is treated the same way". man i do need to find exact wording not just to back up mystatement, but for the tone i perceived (and possibly others perceived) that of course other people besides todd should also face the same investigation, but it almost came off as only billy deservess to be disputed and noone else.

    although honestly, i'm not even trying to prove psp is a crap person or that you should hate him, so much as i'm trying to make the case that people who do have issues with him may in fact have those issues because of him and not because of billy
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 10-11-2021, 03:08 PM
    This is probably the article you're looking for, Snowflake:
    https://www.scholarlygamers.com/feat...illy-mitchell/

    Now that you mention it, I do find it a bit funny I'm not defending his actions towards the community but his actions against TG's public figures. I already said I'd concede but when you put it in that perspective it does make a lot of sense. It's certainly possible he is lying about some things, though I really don't see how changing sides is an issue. Many people supported and defended Todd, and some of them chose to stop after the evidence ruled against him. Does that equate to them throwing him under the bus? The most wrong I can see from a situation like this was if they never acknowledged their initial support. Acting like they always hated the person when they didn't would raise some suspicion. PSP does say in his article that he used to like Mitchell, and the public posts praising him at least back that up. I just don't think it's fair to suggest he could speak out against him given the circumstances.

    But again: what he did to others definitely raises a few red flags, and is enough to believe what you're trying to say. That said though, I really don't think what he brought up in the article should be discredited though, lest you want to discredit a large portion of the countersuit TG raised against Mitchell.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  7. 10-11-2021, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I don't think it's fair to apply hindsight bias even though you suggest they are doing such themselves. In all fairness, they were probably only doing their job. If I were working for TG as some sort of authority, I can't imagine lasting very long if I spoke ill of someone who funded TG and his friends. PSP said he was under an NDA as well, so suddenly speaking out against him after never doing such for so long is something that may naturally happen. It's not fair for you to say that despite supporting these people earlier, they suddenly changed their minds to become backstabbers. By that logic, you might as well say Race and Kleisath threw Mitchell under the bus too.
    Could you also please provide sources to their support of Todd during the dispute?


    Yeah. I don't really have much to say on that. These speak much more on his character in my opinion than his interactions related to Mitchell, so I'll concede.
    If he really was under NDA then why did he make a YouTube video trashing the previous owner and complaining about how TG was handling things? If you were really under NDA then I imagine you couldn't make a video of that nature. As far as sources for them supporting Todd well here ya go. PSP owns the USNVGT and runs all the social media accounts. They even go as far as to say they don't support the dispute process. Funny how all that is changed now.

    https://twitter.com/USNVGT/status/89...341313/photo/1
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 10-11-2021, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    If he really was under NDA then why did he make a YouTube video trashing the previous owner and complaining about how TG was handling things? If you were really under NDA then I imagine you couldn't make a video of that nature. As far as sources for them supporting Todd well here ya go. PSP owns the USNVGT and runs all the social media accounts. They even go as far as to say they don't support the dispute process. Funny how all that is changed now.
    And when was this video? You do know that NDAs run out, right? The specifics of the non-disclosure weren't brought up, but if it weren't shortly after leaving TG then your issue likely has no merit. What's really funny is that you ignored everything else I said. You are implying that it's wrong for people to change their minds. Or is it just wrong that PSP changed his mind?
  9. 10-11-2021, 03:25 PM
    Another thing about his NDA that he apparently signed... When Joel West got involved with the Billy dispute and emails were shown that people were offered "hush money" to sign a NDA (RTM verified this as well) PSP actually publicly complained that he wasn't offered any of that hush money. My memory is a bit fuzzy on how many years the NDA was for but I think it was for 10 or 20 years. So if PSP actually did sign that NDA he would of still been under the NDA and therefor wouldn't be able to make the claims he has been making towards Billy and reciting his story about the DK/DK Jr records being verified.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  10. 10-11-2021, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    And when was this video? You do know that NDAs run out, right? The specifics of the non-disclosure weren't brought up, but if it weren't shortly after leaving TG then your issue likely has no merit. What's really funny is that you ignored everything else I said. You are implying that it's wrong for people to change their minds. Or is it just wrong that PSP changed his mind?
    The video was made shortly after he left TG. I wanna say 2012 was when the video was made. It was a video explaining why he chose to leave TG while he bashed Pete and TG. He has since taken the video down or made it private. I used to have it on my old PC but that PC burnt in a fire.
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1050
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Join us