Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 01-09-2021, 05:07 PM
    At this point I'm not sure Seth and/or Ed even care about righting any wrongs or clearing up any inconsistencies with respect to the KoK film.

Seth in particular gave at least one or two interviews where he showed little to no interest in fact-checking. Plus I've always suspected that the two of them were keenly aware that their film product was to be "BIll-vs-Steve" as far back as their original filming at ACAM, and further, that Walter, Billy, Steve and likely Steve Sanders were also in on it very early on.

Seth/Ed make you think that they started filming "something" and then only later did it hit them to focus on "Bill vs Steve". That's a crock. When they filmed me at ACAM in 2005, specifically the segment relating to "calling in the pros" when the adjudication was difficult, they had me state that three different ways and it is crystal clear to me that they were looking on a version of it which was non-specific enough that the viewer could make up their own mind based on how that quote was situated within the film.

PLUS the film makers were all actively trying to "dig up dirt" at that event. They knew quite well what they were all doing there.
  2. 01-09-2021, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    At this point I'm not sure Seth and/or Ed even care about righting any wrongs or clearing up any inconsistencies with respect to the KoK film.

Seth in particular gave at least one or two interviews where he showed little to no interest in fact-checking. Plus I've always suspected that the two of them were keenly aware that their film product was to be "BIll-vs-Steve" as far back as their original filming at ACAM, and further, that Walter, Billy, Steve and likely Steve Sanders were also in on it very early on.

Seth/Ed make you think that they started filming "something" and then only later did it hit them to focus on "Bill vs Steve". That's a crock. When they filmed me at ACAM in 2005, specifically the segment relating to "calling in the pros" when the adjudication was difficult, they had me state that three different ways and it is crystal clear to me that they were looking on a version of it which was non-specific enough that the viewer could make up their own mind based on how that quote was situated within the film.

PLUS the film makers were all actively trying to "dig up dirt" at that event. They knew quite well what they were all doing there.
    its clear the typical back and forth wont solve this. challenge them to a live game of kaboom one on one. let them meet you on the battlefield of the atari like men! with video for all to see!
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes grinder2112 liked this post
  3. 01-09-2021, 07:09 PM
    I used that quote not to focus on the movie, but on the idea that there is more to Mitchell than what was shown. If what Seth is saying is true, then isn't this unreleased footage an avenue worth looking into as far as new TG defending themselves in the lawsuit? It's understandable that there may be some questionability to it with their efforts to stir things, but I think it's worth a shot,
    Last edited by Streetwize; 01-10-2021 at 12:44 AM.
  4. 01-26-2021, 06:30 AM
    Is there any news of Mitchell v Twin Galaxies? I read the cross-complaint filed by TG on Dec 11, 2020. Has there been a court date since? What's next on the docket?
    Last edited by grinder2112; 01-26-2021 at 02:03 PM.
  5. 01-26-2021, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder2112 View Post
    Is there any news of Twin Galaxies v Mitchell? I read the cross-complaint filed by TG on Dec 11, 2020. Has there been a court date since? What's next on the docket?

RTM REPLY - there has also been a curious lack of anything posted on social media by "Team Billy" these past two weeks or so...maybe a certain former president isn't the only person to be permanently banned from Twitter for "factual errors" and the like :)
  6. 01-26-2021, 02:55 PM
    There was a case management conference yesterday (25 Jan 2021) as well as a hearing on TG's motion for leave to file a cross-complaint.

The court granted TG's motion for leave, so TG is now free to file its cross-complaint/lawsuit at a time of its choosing.

The next hearing/conference management date for Mitchell's suit is 26 August 2021. Meanwhile, TG's appeal in the 2nd circuit regarding the original decision to deny TG's anti-SLAPP motion continues to move forward. I don't have any information about when the court will conduct a hearing/render a decision on the appeal.
  7. 01-31-2021, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    There was a case management conference yesterday (25 Jan 2021) as well as a hearing on TG's motion for leave to file a cross-complaint.

The court granted TG's motion for leave, so TG is now free to file its cross-complaint/lawsuit at a time of its choosing.

The next hearing/conference management date for Mitchell's suit is 26 August 2021. Meanwhile, TG's appeal in the 2nd circuit regarding the original decision to deny TG's anti-SLAPP motion continues to move forward. I don't have any information about when the court will conduct a hearing/render a decision on the appeal.
    AUGUST? Holy **** this thing is going to be an oddysey isn't it... we're all going to be here in a decade, long after our last bottle of Rickey's has become inedible, asking if the US court system has found itself the single brain cell required to realize Billy is a god damn liar yet.

Crazy world we live in
  8. 01-31-2021, 09:04 AM
    July 1981 was the initial release date of DK, so I wonder what upcoming stunt(s) someone has cooking up as part of their "Road to Redemption", especially that the most recent lawsuit decision ended in TG's favour.

Considering the stunt that he pulled last year at Funspot, I'm willing to bet that he will pull the same BS at some other location this time, the only questions being when, where, and whether independent validation will be permitted as to whether he will be using authentic DK hardware/etc.

But it would be far better if the current top two (or several) players went head-to-head at some location on that very day...now that would be extra special and worth the price of admission alone...especially if it was for a charity.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 02-01-2021, 08:18 AM
    Hi Evener

In layman terms:
    What is now the next step for TG with regards to the mentioning above post :
    "next hearing/conference management" court sitting of the 25 August?

What will be discussed or decided here on this date?

When will the decision come if Billy's game play was on original hardware or not?

What I am struggle to get when will these court hearings get the crutch of the matter?

Regards
    Francois du Toit
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  10. 02-01-2021, 09:02 AM
    This is one definition I found online:

“The Case Management Conference is a settlement discussion held between the parties presided over by a judge. It is attended by the Judge, and the parties (the Plaintiff and the Defendant). ... This meeting happens after the Plaintiff begins the lawsuit by filing the Claim/Summons, but before the trial.”

so before the start of the jury trial, it’s possible to have several of these types of these “meetings.” The court will also rule on motions in conjunction with a conference.

Im not sure about what the “agenda” will be for August 25 except that the court requires the parties to meet unless the date is changed.

its my understanding that what may be discussed on August 25 may be affected by TGs appeal, if it is ruled upon before that date.
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Join us