Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 07-13-2020, 11:09 AM
    Update -

Due to all evidence in the matter of the Billy Mitchell Lawsuit being publicly available ( get it all here: https://bit.ly/31m354G - come to your own conclusion), Twin Galaxies is receiving increasingly more and more additional communication evidence (text messages, videos, screenshots, emails, etc), new sworn testimony, and independently interested 3rd party analysis of the available facts surrounding the matter. There seems to be no end to the number of people in the community stepping forward and supporting all efforts made toward finding truth-in-fact.

We continue to receive these materials (some of which are quite shocking) and they will all be made publicly available at a future date when they necessarily become part of lawsuit exhibits through additional TG filings in response to any further falsities put forth by Mr. Mitchell.

Twin Galaxies would like to thank all of the new people who are stepping forward. It is tremendous.

Recently a 3rd party reached out and wanted to make sure that our legal team did not miss what they felt may be some seemingly concerning and significant misrepresentations made by Walter Day in his sworn testimony and statements to Guinness World Records.

We assured them that our legal team has not missed anything regarding the facts of the whole case and has documented many items that will be definitively proven to be false through irrefutable physical evidence (such as below).

Certainly, we are incredibly disappointed in what we may be witnessing below with Mr. Day's testimony, and of course it causes us to potentially question a number of other historic items that Twin Galaxies administration previously accepted on the basis of just Walter's word - but that is a different discussion. In the meanwhile, an example for public consideration below:

Name:  WALTER-FALSE-CLAIM #8d4f.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  1.05 MB
  2. 07-13-2020, 12:23 PM
    Is there a record somewhere of who these "Twin Galaxies representatives and witnesses of impeccable credibility" were?

In other words, has anyone ever named any of those people?

john

Likes Foot0fGod liked this post
  3. 07-13-2020, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Is there a record somewhere of who these "Twin Galaxies representatives and witnesses of impeccable credibility" were?

In other words, has anyone ever named any of those people?

john

the new "evidence" package includes statements from people who saw him playing pacman that day. I dont have any reason to doubt that they passed by and witnessed him playing a portion of a pacman game.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks lexmark thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  4. 07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    To echo Grinder2112 and Snowflake, Mitchell presented the DK and DK Jr videos during his IVGHOF announcement as original footage of his world record games achieved at Boomer's arcade on July 31, 2010.

Reference to the DK 1.062 million score was cited by xelnia in his post here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...l=1#post946633

The only surviving footage of Mitchell's Boomer games is found in the recordings of people who attended and filmed Mitchell's IVGHOF announcement. I'd be glad for anyone who attended the IVGHOF announcement to confirm, but it's my understanding that Mitchell offered the public to view the play back of his two games during his announcement only, which happened an hour or so before everyone gathered in the theater for the induction ceremony. Importantly, only the last 20 minutes or so of his two games were played back for the public at the event - apparently no one outside of Todd Rogers has ever seen the full recording of his games, which Mitchell claimed was 2 hours 42 minutes for DK, and 3 hours 58 minutes for DK Jr.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100815...x?c=27&id=2213

Given that links can get quickly buried in multi-page threads, I've included a link to the Boomer's announcement for anyone just catching up:

http://persistentproductions.net/tgi/mitchell2010.mp4

As others have said, the 1.06 million game was not officially "ruled" upon by TG during the dispute. Part of that is due to the lack of extensive gameplay to review. On this point, in xelnia's post there's one transition cited in relation to the 1.06 million game, the pie factory. However, as you saw, David Race recently uploaded more extensive footage of the IVGHOF announcement, and in analyzing that footage, an additional girder transition was identified.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...=1#post1086541

The only footage associated with the 1.06 million DK game that was widely available to the gaming community were the three videos recorded by Robert Childs and uploaded to YouTube - one on August 7, 2010, the day of Mitchell's IVGHOF announcement, and two on August ("Billy Mitchell speaks (July,2010) moments after breaking donkey kong record"; "After DK record, Billy Mitchell goes for donkey kong junior record"; "We have a new donkey kong junior record July,2010"). This footage was cited when the dispute was originally launched. Over the course of the dispute, both Childs and Mitchell confirmed for the first time that the footage of the "board swap" was faked, a development that will undoubtedly be of interest should the lawsuit proceed to a jury trial.
    Records recorded July 31 Saturday
    Video played August 7 Saturday

7 days later.

So between the records being recorded and displayed 7 days later...
    A magazine writer interviewd Billy, and wrote and article...that got to print, and the magazing was printed, and available in Ottumwa...

Does it seem odd to anyone else, that happened within a 6 day window?

Factor in his records supposedly ended late Saturday night... the earliest the interview could have occurred was Sunday. I'm assuming the magazine wasn't printed Sunday night. So now we are down to a 5 day business week, to get this story completed, edited, sent off to the magazine, printed, assembled, and shipped to Ottumwa in order to have copies to sign and sell on Saturday?

So was the rest of the magazine complete, just waiting on Billy? Or was this all done at an earlier date... and the date of July 31 just used as the fake board swap video, and to put a time and date on the "performances"? Assuming the magazine was complete, and all they needed to finish was the actual scores themselves... Is that short of a time frame feasible to go from print to public?

I wonder how long say, EGM magazine took to go from print to public for example?
    Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Thanks Jace Hall thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, timhett liked this post
  5. 07-13-2020, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post
    Does it seem odd to anyone else, that happened within a 6 day window?

Getting information printed into a staple-bound magazine within a day is no challenge, as long as most of the layout is done before that last scrap, like a couple of scores, is scant.

You referred to it as EGM, which I'm taking as Electronic Gaming Monthly. Was it a regularly scheduled issue? I was under the impression, without any factual basis, that it was a special issue prepared for the inauguration. The text of the dual high score announcement suggests its a report on the event? Dunno.

Does a PDF of the whole magazine exist? Edited to add: https://archive.org/details/video-game-collector-012
    Last edited by grinder2112; 07-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Thanks benasselstine thanked this post
  6. 07-14-2020, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grinder2112 View Post
    Getting information printed into a staple-bound magazine within a day is no challenge, as long as most of the layout is done before that last scrap, like a couple of scores, is scant.

You referred to it as EGM, which I'm taking as Electronic Gaming Monthly. Was it a regularly scheduled issue? I was under the impression, without any factual basis, that it was a special issue prepared for the inauguration. The text of the dual high score announcement suggests its a report on the event? Dunno.

Does a PDF of the whole magazine exist? Edited to add: https://archive.org/details/video-game-collector-012

Yeah EGM was regularly printed. That's why I thought a magazione like the one the article was in, would take more than 6 days, end to end. Interview on Sunday. Stacks of magazines on table at game show on Saturday...seems incredibly fast to me.
    Last edited by sprinter461; 07-14-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    Thanks grinder2112 thanked this post
  7. 07-14-2020, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    -snip-
    Sorry for the late reply, but I highly appreciate your thorough response. I suppose the last 20 minutes would be fine for brevity's sake, but it does raise the question of whether those scores are truly legit, or even if that is enough to judge the run proper here. Of course, what you pointed out is enough to answer that.
    I want to restate again that I really hope this case doesn't fall to a jury. Not only would it mean more money and time to spend, but any opportunity the plaintiffs have is an opportunity to win. A quick Google search shows that Mr. Mitchell doesn't have as much financial resources as TG, so that's a huge plus thankfully. As someone who served last year, I'm trying to speak from experience. One misunderstood question could easily sway the verdict, and the legal world loves to push the English language to its limit just to confuse those with the power of choice. You do bring up a point about the aspect you mentioned though. What started the dispute was dismissed by the plaintiffs, and despite there being some sort of evidence it appears that the real evidence works against them. It would be the perfect opportunity for them to finally present proof of this record's existence, though it likely won't be the same video from a decade ago. Will their act of "finally being honest" sway the jury or will there be some way to definitively prove that it is also fake? I hate to be cynical or petty but I'm worried that somehow TG's entire case will be pushed to the side to focus on a few points Team Billy can take advantage of instead, or that all the lies previously stated will conveniently vanish while they contradict their original statements. Granted, I always thought it was a low blow when defense attorneys tried to discredit witnesses by focusing on their character instead of scrutinizing testimony like they're supposed to; I really shouldn't say this, but that doesn't sound so bad when you know the plaintiff's team is dishonest.
  8. 07-14-2020, 11:20 PM
    Some talk recently about the magazine at Boomer's. If you haven't already seen this, check out ersatz_cats' recent "The evidence against Billy Mitchell" post where he points out that the publisher of that magazine is also Billy's manager/agent. It's about 2/3rds of the way down the post.
    Thanks Jace Hall, grinder2112, maximumsteve thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, maximumsteve liked this post
  9. 07-14-2020, 11:28 PM
    It's certainly correct Streetwize to suggest that one shouldn't be overconfident or complacent in assessing the risks of a jury trial, but my own personal feeling is that the risk is at least equal for Mitchell.
  10. 07-16-2020, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    Update -

Due to all evidence in the matter of the Billy Mitchell Lawsuit being publicly available ( get it all here: https://bit.ly/31m354G - come to your own conclusion), Twin Galaxies is receiving increasingly more and more additional communication evidence (text messages, videos, screenshots, emails, etc), new sworn testimony, and independently interested 3rd party analysis of the available facts surrounding the matter. There seems to be no end to the number of people in the community stepping forward and supporting all efforts made toward finding truth-in-fact.

We continue to receive these materials (some of which are quite shocking) and they will all be made publicly available at a future date when they necessarily become part of lawsuit exhibits through additional TG filings in response to any further falsities put forth by Mr. Mitchell.

Twin Galaxies would like to thank all of the new people who are stepping forward. It is tremendous.

Recently a 3rd party reached out and wanted to make sure that our legal team did not miss what they felt may be some seemingly concerning and significant misrepresentations made by Walter Day in his sworn testimony and statements to Guinness World Records.

We assured them that our legal team has not missed anything regarding the facts of the whole case and has documented many items that will be definitively proven to be false through irrefutable physical evidence (such as below).

Certainly, we are incredibly disappointed in what we may be witnessing below with Mr. Day's testimony, and of course it causes us to potentially question a number of other historic items that Twin Galaxies administration previously accepted on the basis of just Walter's word - but that is a different discussion. In the meanwhile, an example for public consideration below:

Name:  WALTER-FALSE-CLAIM #8d4f.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  1.05 MB

In Walter's statement he says he ONLY accepted live scores in the 80s (per Guinness' demands) so the legitimacy cannot be questioned. Well if you go back and watch various interviews with him or go back and watch the documentary Chasing Ghosts that is not the case. Steve Sanders' bogus DK score was submitted via letter to Walter. Phone calls and letters were enough "proof" to get scores submitted back then.
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Join us