Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

  1. 06-04-2021, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i know its only 5 minutes, but i havent listened yet, anyway heres billy's response to the karl jobst, in particular discussion of apollo's suicide

    I got as far as just after the clip BM cites as KJ having accused BM of inciting the act... BM needs a hearing test 'cause it ain't there. I'll go back to yawnsville over this thread again. :P
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  2. 06-04-2021, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I got as far as just after the clip BM cites as KJ having accused BM of inciting the act... BM needs a hearing test 'cause it ain't there. I'll go back to yawnsville over this thread again. :P
    yeah i've heard the whole things now too. i thought maybe i missed something (though knowing it was billy i realized he was probably just strawmanning but i couldnt be sure). Karl blamed billy for stress, bily responded by saying its a lie he took money. I didnt hear karl say apollo paid money (again i might have missed it). I also thought it was interesting billy holds "proof" in his hands but doesnt show the proof, whats the point of showing you have proof but then not opening the paper and showing hte proof. Reminds of the sfg convention where he also held papers he claimed were proof his scores were real but didnt show them. or before my time, during the actual scores where he'd go through elaborate setups like playing in a seperate private room so he could say he had proof of doing it live while not letting anyone see him do it fine. same old tactics.

    i have also gone through the comments
    Name:  image.png
Views: 233
Size:  60.0 KB
    i'm not rewatching karls video to see if this is true or just another billy pr stunt for his fans
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 06-04-2021, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    yeah i've heard the whole things now too. i thought maybe i missed something (though knowing it was billy i realized he was probably just strawmanning but i couldnt be sure). Karl blamed billy for stress, bily responded by saying its a lie he took money. I didnt hear karl say apollo paid money (again i might have missed it). I also thought it was interesting billy holds "proof" in his hands but doesnt show the proof, whats the point of showing you have proof but then not opening the paper and showing hte proof. Reminds of the sfg convention where he also held papers he claimed were proof his scores were real but didnt show them. or before my time, during the actual scores where he'd go through elaborate setups like playing in a seperate private room so he could say he had proof of doing it live while not letting anyone see him do it fine. same old tactics.

    i have also gone through the comments
    Name:  image.png
Views: 233
Size:  60.0 KB
    i'm not rewatching karls video to see if this is true or just another billy pr stunt for his fans
    I feel for those on the receiving end. This is exactly the take-offence garbage that puts me off all social media. If I don't have the opportunity to walk "someone respectful of me" respectfully through their own crap, I don't see why I should invest my time in their short-sightedness. However, I still dip my toe in occasionally just to remind myself of why I like to steer clear most of the time. :D
  4. 06-04-2021, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I feel for those on the receiving end. This is exactly the take-offence garbage that puts me off all social media. If I don't have the opportunity to walk "someone respectful of me" respectfully through their own crap, I don't see why I should invest my time in their short-sightedness. However, I still dip my toe in occasionally just to remind myself of why I like to steer clear most of the time. :D
    as someone on the other extreme who engages heavily, i can tell you i regularly question my decision -- i keep going with it, but i question it. I have reasons why i've come to believe overall its worth it, but its a lot of misery along the way for sure.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 06-04-2021, 06:01 AM
    When Billy said that Apollo did not pay HIM any money that could be a half-truth in that any monies paid would have likely gone to the lawyer who, in turn, pays Billy his "cut" of the legal outcome. So if Billy is playing on words here, he is likely stating the truth....just half of it.

    All Karl did was state facts UNTIL the part where he said "Not that Mitchell (cared)"...but even then he simply showed a snipping from an E-MAIL or social media exchange and let that speak for itself. Karl never explicitly stated that Billy's actions either directly nor indirectly lead to Apollo's death, he only mentioning a financial transaction that took place (which contributed towards) the stress of which lead to the taking of the man's life. He never said "Billy caused this" explicitly, so Billy's "righteous indignation" is misplaced.

    But considering all that we have come to know of the tactics that Billy has employed, both personally and thru his legal team, especially with the wave of lawsuits he has launched thus far and how he has willfully thrown people (friends and allies as well) under the bus left and right, it really makes you wonder where the proverbial line is that he will not cross in pursuit of his legal goals.
    Thanks Streetwize thanked this post
  6. 06-04-2021, 11:33 AM
    Billy's eyes dart to the sides at key moments all throughout...not unlike Wiebe's daughter doing so while in the car in KoK. I'm willing to bet he's using cue cards.

    After all he's said and done he pulls that same stunt of waving some papers the likes of which no one will ever see.

    Not saying anything more than this is another Billy video for us to make of it as we will.
  7. 06-04-2021, 11:41 AM
    To think Roy exposed billy so early on only to get hate for it. I’m glad Roy is finally being vindicated. Sadly those who bashed Roy while defending billy and since flipped sides will never apologize for what they did to Roy
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks Scott S. thanked this post
  8. 06-04-2021, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i'm not rewatching karls video to see if this is true or just another billy pr stunt for his fans
    At 16:45, you can see there is an edit where the Apollo Legend section was supposed to be.
    Someone on Reddit pointed this out.

    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  9. 06-04-2021, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    At 16:45, you can see there is an edit where the Apollo Legend section was supposed to be.
    Someone on Reddit pointed this out.

    thenk you there was a wall post where I comment on what he says sadly now it’s gone. I hope he addresses it cause a deletion wyth no explanation is shady. I’ve come to learn there more than two sides often times I disagree with both main sides and take a third side. I want to agree wyth Karl but if he’s gonna edit cowardly then yet again I go a third way
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes starcrytas, Streetwize liked this post
  10. 06-06-2021, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    When Billy said that Apollo did not pay HIM any money that could be a half-truth in that any monies paid would have likely gone to the lawyer who, in turn, pays Billy his "cut" of the legal outcome. So if Billy is playing on words here, he is likely stating the truth....just half of it.

    All Karl did was state facts UNTIL the part where he said "Not that Mitchell (cared)"...but even then he simply showed a snipping from an E-MAIL or social media exchange and let that speak for itself. Karl never explicitly stated that Billy's actions either directly nor indirectly lead to Apollo's death, he only mentioning a financial transaction that took place (which contributed towards) the stress of which lead to the taking of the man's life. He never said "Billy caused this" explicitly, so Billy's "righteous indignation" is misplaced.

    But considering all that we have come to know of the tactics that Billy has employed, both personally and thru his legal team, especially with the wave of lawsuits he has launched thus far and how he has willfully thrown people (friends and allies as well) under the bus left and right, it really makes you wonder where the proverbial line is that he will not cross in pursuit of his legal goals.
    I fully agree with this. I highly doubt a person that would sue a YouTube content creator for a MILLION dollars would not settle out of court for some sort of money. Even if HE didn't get any money, paying attorney costs alone would likely still cause debt. I want to think Karl was too hasty with that edit, not realizing the man's tendency to twist messages to match his own perspective instead of what was intended or truly said.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 911
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
Join us