Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 06-06-2021, 08:32 PM
    Name:  image.png
Views: 314
Size:  429.0 KBJust saw this
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  2. 06-08-2021, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I fully agree with this. I highly doubt a person that would sue a YouTube content creator for a MILLION dollars would not settle out of court for some sort of money. Even if HE didn't get any money, paying attorney costs alone would likely still cause debt. I want to think Karl was too hasty with that edit, not realizing the man's tendency to twist messages to match his own perspective instead of what was intended or truly said.
    Another aspect one can argue: Having to sign over copyrights to your videos that had MILLIONS of views is payment. Apollo would no longer get paid for those videos, thus, incurring financial hardship.
    Thanks benasselstine thanked this post
  3. 06-09-2021, 08:31 AM
    Making money off videos on YouTube work by displaying ads. Most of that revenue comes in from when you first upload the video as everyone goes to watch it while it's hot. There eventually comes a point when viewership starts to plateau, and as such the money you make from it goes down as well. By the time Apollo took those videos down he was like getting only be a couple dollars at most compared to the thousands he got from them initially. Even then, I can easily point out that each successive video in a series never usually gets more views than the previous.
    Also as a reminder: he lost a significant chunk of his viewerbase after the settlement, not refunding people's lawsuit money for months and making a few controversial videos defending people who were "wronged" by those he held a grudge against (there's one where he actually did something positive instead of stirring drama, so that gets a pass). Losing viewers is a loss of money in itself with both ad revenue and membership subscriptions.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 06-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.
  4. 06-10-2021, 04:54 AM
    A couple new posts for folks. First, I adapted my "Evidence against Billy Mitchell" post for TG, which helps as Donkey Kong Forum is still under members-only lockdown:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/ersatzc...billy-mitchell

But more importantly, with recent talk of Apollo Legend's settlement with Billy Mitchell, and whether that settlement included a monetary payment, I collected evidence substantiating the claim that there was, indeed, a financial settlement between the two:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/ersatzc...ell-settlement

The TL;DR for that post is:

- A source from Billy's circle stated publicly that Apollo Legend (a.k.a. Benjamin) had reached out to settle with Billy, almost a month before it was announced publicly.

- Another source, of unstated identity, claimed on a public forum to be familiar with the settlement, indicating that Benjamin had paid out "a sizable settlement". This, too, was almost a month prior to the public announcement of the settlement. The language used seems to accurately reflect the situation, in retrospect.

- A confidential source had accurately predicted both the Guinness reinstatement of Billy, and the settlement by Benjamin, both of which seemed highly unlikely at the time. This source also claimed there was a significant financial payment as part of this settlement.

- Common sense says Billy would not have walked away without at the very absolute minimum collecting legal fees.

- Billy will claim otherwise, but he is a proven and unrepentant liar in many matters, and you should not trust a word he says.
    Thanks ProveAll, Streetwize, FBX thanked this post
    Likes ProveAll, RTM liked this post
  5. 06-10-2021, 10:05 AM
    Before I forget, Karl did state why he removed the section in question:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 211
Size:  40.4 KB
  6. 06-11-2021, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats View Post
    - A confidential source had accurately predicted both the Guinness reinstatement of Billy, and the settlement by Benjamin, both of which seemed highly unlikely at the time. This source also claimed there was a significant financial payment as part of this settlement.

- Common sense says Billy would not have walked away without at the very absolute minimum collecting legal fees.

- Billy will claim otherwise, but he is a proven and unrepentant liar in many matters, and you should not trust a word he says.
    So did Billy try to bluff Karl with that response video then? Apparently Billy is going to sue him over this, so I'm wondering just what Billy intends to do in court when it comes out he did get paid.
  7. 06-16-2021, 06:27 AM
    To answer the question to the best of my ability "Context Twister" Mitchell publicly stated in his video's comments that the removal was an admission of guilt and decided to follow through with the lawsuit. He has claimed that many people harassed him on social media over what was stated in the video. I honestly think the amount of harassment isn't as much as he claims, considering the hefty number of people stating being blocked by him just for being seen in Karl's tweet threads. I really want to have full faith in Karl though. The fact he's created a platform to aid those being sued is already a reassuring step.
  8. 06-16-2021, 08:38 AM
    Billy might have passed the anti-SLAPP bit in Mitchell vs TG, which actually makes sense with the sheer amount of ins and outs it has, but the nature of his schtick either way is very much in the nature of SLAPP. He very much banks on people not having the spare time, funds, connections he has to deal with a lawsuit. It really is easier to settle if you're dealing with the wrong person, especially when they have a whiff of something that a judge might want to hear, even if it would be ultimately thrown out. Lawsuits are hard and expensive, especially when the person doing it sets out with the goal of making them as long and expensive as possible, something you can never really prove... but we all know in our hearts.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  9. 06-16-2021, 09:54 AM
    The anti-SLAPP ruling is currently on appeal, and it has about another year left before another ruling is made. That said, while Jace has stated that the countersuit will still proceed if the anti-SLAPP appeal is granted, Mitchell suggested otherwise. I am currently trying to get in touch with a lawyer in California for a proper answer. I will update this post when it happens if no other replies are made.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 06-16-2021, 11:08 AM
    I'm no expert but it sounds correct to me that the suit would continue. You don't have to win anything to countersue anybody and the countersuit is not about Billy's lawsuit, it's about Billy and Walter's fraudulent activity doing harm to a product he purchased: Twin Galaxies and its database of scores. I could not fathom a world in which Mitchell is correct on that point. It doesn't make sense on face value. Billy Mitchell and things other than what's true, go figure.
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
Join us