Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

This poll is closed
  1. 10-31-2021, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Joel West was definitely a paralegal. Yes, that is not a lawyer. But you do not need to be a lawyer to enter into a contract, or to create/sign/issue legal papers.
    Not in Texas. Joel tried a cheapo scare tactic on me during the original dispute by setting his status as "filing papers in Denton, TX", when that would have been illegal for him to do so. You have to be a full-on lawyer to do that here, so we got a good laugh over that failed attempt.

At any rate, it would seem Todd's vexatious litigation has finally been stifled:

Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  2. 10-31-2021, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Not in Texas. Joel tried a cheapo scare tactic on me during the original dispute by setting his status as "filing papers in Denton, TX", when that would have been illegal for him to do so. You have to be a full-on lawyer to do that here, so we got a good laugh over that failed attempt.

At any rate, it would seem Todd's vexatious litigation has finally been stifled:

i actually remember that. (i probably pay more attention to facebook drama than i should). I had speculated/assumed it was over someone else in denton. I didnt realize it was to silence some evidence you had on billy. the plot thickens
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 10-31-2021, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i actually remember that. (i probably pay more attention to facebook drama than i should). I had speculated/assumed it was over someone else in denton. I didnt realize it was to silence some evidence you had on billy. the plot thickens
    Yep, it was to scare me. Nobody else in Denton was enraging him at the time. It also shows he was a liar just like Billy is, because he never showed up to Denton to find out he couldn't "file papers".
  4. 11-01-2021, 07:47 AM
    LOL it absolutely was not to scare YOU. Joel told me specifically he wanted to scare Peterson. In all my years of friendship with him (and skyping over 1 hour per day) the ONLY person in denton he ever mentioned was Peterson. Never the Morrow brothers.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes Streetwize liked this post
  5. 11-01-2021, 12:11 PM
    LOL it absolutely was not to scare YOU. Joel told me specifically he wanted to scare Peterson. In all my years of friendship with him (and skyping over 1 hour per day) the ONLY person in denton he ever mentioned was Peterson. Never the Morrow brothers.
    Why the hell would he be trying to scare PSP when that dude wasn't even in the dispute thread, AND Joel was already threatening me?

By the way, it explains a heck of a lot about you to find out now you were in earshot of these slimeballs.
    Last edited by FBX; 11-01-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    Likes Fly liked this post
  6. 11-01-2021, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Why the hell would he be trying to scare PSP when that dude wasn't even in the dispute thread, AND Joel was already threatening me?

By the way, it explains a heck of a lot about you to find out now you were in earshot of these slimeballs.
    He said Peterson. I don't know if he meant Patterson. I've heard the other name thrown out a few times so I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

LOL. Keep trying to sound relevant.
    Is this really necessary? Anyway, could you please elaborate on whether you meant PSP or someone else?
  7. 11-01-2021, 09:04 PM
    now that names have been named....there was a lot of interent and it was a long time ago so my mind could be swapping two stories. But i thought psp made some facebook about walter on walters birthday about how much walter revised history to he and billys benefit. This led to the typical drama circle and shortly after Joel made that facebook post. I just assumed they were related.

i didnt realize he had personally threatemed you fbx. my reason to believe it was in relation to psp was over what i said above, obviously though if he was sending you some cease and desist or private threats or whatever then obviously that makes a difference. my curiosity has the better of me what was he trying to silence you on? lots of people were anti billy, the most damning evidence of mame was already out and no threats would erase the past and remove that revelation, and though you said alot about todd, others in the dispute were alot louder and more agressive towards billy than you, if you cant share for legal reasons or something i get it, but that really is curious.
  8. 11-02-2021, 02:37 PM
    Rumor has it that Walter was served papers during a convention according to a member of "Team Billy". Is there any way to find out if this is true? It would be hilarious if it is.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  9. 11-16-2021, 05:57 PM
    Another update on the Race lawsuit. Mitchell is trying hard to get more info out of Race. Apparently he went over the maximum number of requests for admission without going through the proper process for more. He's also still trying to prove a case using the information Race provided. Mitchell is trying to argue David Race has "minimum contacts" with Florida in his Motion to Compel, which is really what will determine whether the case is valid or not. Mitchell's argument for minimum contacts originally used himself, and now he's trying to use Steve, Carlos, and others as grounds to establish such. Contrary to the name, it does not mean knowing a few people in a state. It means having connection to the state itself. Do you conduct business there? How often do you visit, and how recent was your last visit? How much do you do actually pertains to the state? These are the questions that need to be answered to have a case. If you have a business in Kansas and negotiate with another business in Kentucky, anything illegal you do towards the business in Kentucky is grounds for getting sued even if it isn't illegal in Kansas. The key word is business here.

I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but seeing that Mitchell ignored the other points and keeps focusing on his own loose interpretations does not bode well in his case. One of the cases cited regards social media posts as establishing minimum contacts. The case is summarized in the motion as "social media posts showed minimum contacts", but rephrased it became "social media posts relating to Mitchell are indicative of minimum contacts." Former is true, but the latter is what Mitchell was trying to get out of the case.
    The case in question is Spectra Chrome v. Happy Jack's Reflections in Chrome. This case regards business (which, a reminder, Mitchell himself is not) where an out-of-state business was not happy with the products ordered from a company in Florida, and was told that they were misused and not defective. The out-of-state business went out of their way to make posts and threats over their dissatisfaction. The tortious act in the case in question involves social media. The alleged tort regarding this case is a phone call, which has nothing to do with social media. As a result, the case cited has no relevance to this one, and the social media posts Mitchell wants and claims establishes minimal contacts.with Florida have no bearing to the lawsuit. He is also again using himself as a means of establishing minimum contacts, which won't work.

That's only one example. I hate to be doing the professionals' jobs here, and I shouldn't, but it just goes to show how ridiculous the arguments are. Simply 15 minutes of reading into a case and it's clear a much was overlooked in an effort to make the case look as favorable as possible. I honestly wonder if the lawyer is unwilling to do due diligence in researching the law or is subject to trademark Mitchell manipulation by simply being fed arguments to put in legalese.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 11-17-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    Thanks Rev John thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Foot0fGod liked this post
  10. 11-16-2021, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Another update on the Race lawsuit. Mitchell is trying hard to get more info out of Race. Apparently he went over the maximum number of requests for admission without going through the proper process for more. He's also still trying to prove a case using the information Race provided. Mitchell is trying to argue David Race has "minimum contacts" with Florida in his Motion to Compel, which is really what will determine whether the case is valid or not. Mitchell's argument for minimum contacts originally used himself, and now he's trying to use Steve, Carlos, and others as grounds to establish such. Contrary to the name, it does not mean knowing a few people in a state. It means having connection to the state itself. Do you conduct business there? How often do you visit, and how recent was your last visit? How much do you do actually pertains to the state? These are the questions that need to be answered to have a case. If you have a business in Kansas and negotiate with another business in Kentucky, anything illegal you do towards the business in Kentucky is grounds for getting sued even if it isn't illegal in Kansas. The key word is business here.

I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but seeing that Mitchell ignored the other points and keeps focusing on his own loose interpretations does not bode well in his case. One of the cases cited regards social media posts as establishing minimum contacts. The case in question is Spectra Chrome v. Happy Jack's Reflections in Chrome. This case regards business (which, a reminder, Mitchell himself is not) where an out-of-state business was not happy with the products ordered from a company in Florida, and was told that they were misused and not defective. The out-of-state business went out of their way to make posts and threats over their dissatisfaction. The tortuous act in the case in question involves social media. The alleged tort regarding this case is a phone call, which has nothing to do with social media. As a result, the case cited has no relevance to this one, and the social media posts Mitchell wants and claims establishes minimal contacts.with Florida have no bearing to the lawsuit. He is also again using himself as a means of establishing minimum contacts, which won't work.

That's only one example. I hate to be doing the professionals' jobs here, and I shouldn't, but it just goes to show how ridiculous the arguments are. Simply 15 minutes of reading into a case and it's clear a much was overlooked in an effort to make the case look as favorable as possible. I honestly wonder if the lawyer is unwilling to do due diligence in researching the law or is subject to trademark Mitchell manipulation by simply being fed arguments to put in legalese.
    omg i'm reading all the things billy wanted admitted. thats hillarious. its just same three things worded different with varying degreees of detail
    "oh i'm not allowed to add into evidence that david called me? well can i add into evidence he called me for an hour? no? ok well then i'd like to add into evidence he called during from this time to this time. what! thats not ok either. ok ok i'd like to admit into evidence that he recorded the call where he called me. damn tough room cant admt that ether, ok i'd like to admit into evidence that i didnt know he recorded me when he called me"

i'm just waiting for the "i'd like to admit into evidence that when he called me i was wearing green socks". thats all this is, same thing with a different detail added each time somhow thinking that'll make it pass
    Likes Foot0fGod liked this post
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1024
Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Join us