Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

This poll is closed
  1. 11-16-2021, 09:00 PM
    One of the admissions was "Admit that Race called Mitchell", which made me burst out laughing. Mitchell did not ONCE allege that Race called him during his initial complaint, a fact noted clearly in the motion to dismiss. He wants challenge that now? He should have claimed that first if he wanted any sort of momentum. He can't backpedal now, especially when he went well beyond the limit.

By the way, I looked into the other case cited for social media as minimum contacts, Gubarev v. Buzzfeed, Inc., and, once again, it's social media related to business. This time around it was about advertising to Florida that lead to defamation. It still means nothing as far as this case is concerned. It's like saying a motorcycle is legal in a cycling race because it is technically a bike too.
    Him bringing up Race's claim that he worked with Mitchell doesn't qualify as business either. Unless you want to say that playing video games with someone is the same thing as playing mind games as both are "playing games".

See the recurring pattern here of misinterpretation? It's littered throughout many of his arguments.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 11-16-2021 at 09:07 PM.
    Likes Rev John liked this post
  2. 11-16-2021, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Him bringing up Race's claim that he worked with Mitchell doesn't qualify as business either..
    i thought thats where he was going with it too, but its even worse (if i read correctly). I thought at first he was using david working for him as proof of a business connection. but his point is actually david lied lol. cause he also wanted admitted that he denies david worked for him. so the one thing that could actually, with much eye rolling, sort of be stretched, he actually dismissed himself.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 11-16-2021, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i thought thats where he was going with it too, but its even worse (if i read correctly). I thought at first he was using david working for him as proof of a business connection. but his point is actually david lied lol. cause he also wanted admitted that he denies david worked for him. so the one thing that could actually, with much eye rolling, sort of be stretched, he actually dismissed himself.
    That is true to some extent, but it's worded in a way that leaves ambiguity as he wants Race to admit that he testified such. I personally find it irrelevant as it's going far beyond the phone call. What does the ongoing lawsuit have to do with the legality of the phone call itself? This is a little boy not shutting up until he gets told what he wants to hear. He's trying to use this "work" in the Motion to Compel as means of minimum contacts, which just doesn't work that way.
  4. 11-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    One of the admissions was "Admit that Race called Mitchell", which made me burst out laughing..
    Correction: The call in question took place in February, BEFORE the one we all know about. Raising an objection was smart here to avoid answering at all. Mitchell is trying to find ANY ground to make what Race does illegal. Not a lawyer, but I'm remaining optimistic here as I've yet to see anything compelling to establish Race's minimum contact with Florida, and without that he cannot sue Race.
Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,024 of 1024
Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Join us