Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

  1. 10-30-2019, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - "biased" against you ? Any sane person would be. Let's see...you created a score challenge against one of my 2600 scores purely for purposes of vendetta and you have blasted me incessantly on the TG forum dating back to when you did not like my contributing to certain posts, ans on and on...so if you want to call it bias, go right ahead...not stopping you there.

    Your'e going back to a decision on Atari 2600 "Dodge'Em" to remove the score category for the game 1B pattern...really ? A "challenge" that could be completed while playing while blindfolded and THAT'S important to you to cite ? Get over it...that's as bad as having a "world record" on "Word Zapper" for the 2600 which was another category rightfully removed.

    As for cited sources and links that no longer work...a lot of the older TG links may simply not have ported over properly into the new database. Not every forum thread was preserved and there were well over a thousand and up over the years. Can't help you if a cited link is busted...blame the transition team if you want but they did a decent job at preserving a good number of old threads.

    Not sure why you hold Shildt in such high regards...he deserves to be incarcerated for his actions over the years, many of which crossed state lines. If you wish to idolize someone who launched death threats against a TG staffer (at the time it was Billy) then by all means...goes more towards your credibility and character than to Roy's.
    the score of yours i recognize would be sensitive, and i feel despite being incorrect in no way showed the vendetta that you turn every argument into. your tactic is to fight anyone that agrees with you no mattter how small so that you can then dismiss their disagreement as vendetta. i knew this would happen there and you'll find i was polite to you in that challenge. all you did was attack me, i understand that a challenge is sensitive and even someone not as prone to always feel the need to cry victim might get defensive, so i just kept trying to make it about the score. when someone else finally came in and showed me my error -- something you could've done but prefered just whine how mean i was -- i immediatley admitted my mistake and even requested the challenge be removed, but that is impossible. you must love itcant be removed, as it gives you something to whine over. you'd rather the challenge stays up there so you can go on complaining then have the challenge removed further proving just how much you love controversy and complaining

    I remember when we disagreed cause you didnt read the rules and started bashing everyone for allowing a game genie even though the rules clealry said it was allowed on the track. tried to get jace to ban me even. all because i can read rules and you dont. you couldve simply reread the rules but chose to ridiculously argue and escalate over the rules, i learned pretty early on just how emotionally unstable and erratic you are if simply pointing you to what the rules actually say make you so crazy.

    if you can do dodge 'em blind folded how come you cant even do it without a blind fold?

    "As for cited sources and links that no longer work...a lot of the older TG links may simply not have ported over properly into the new database." wrong again. more quick to reply and slow to read. nope, it was expliclty removed by walter when people complained. which was the worst possible response. people complained how unfair it was, so he dealt with it by removing the context that proved it unfair yet left everything else.

    i wouldnt say i idolize roy, i'm just saying alot of his complaints years later turned out to be true. and i see how underhanded and biased and provably wrong tg was in dealing with him. so when you see proof of how tg treated him and how tg didnt really give a rats ass about scoreboard integrity, yeah it makes me question what else they did wrong or whatever scores they removed just to stick it to roy.you keep saying he belong in jail, but why should i believe people who are so biased that they'll share fake posts and try to remove scores just because roy touched the board it was played on?

    thx for at least opening up by admiting you were biased. you misspelled "insane" as "sane" though.
    Roy was Right
  2. 10-30-2019, 01:27 AM
    oh by the way, thx for displaying your attitude here and showing that one thing kok at least captured correctly was your attitude towards roy. your responses to this day do alot to explain exactly how so many bad scores got in the database and so many good ones removed under your "watch" if you can call that watching
    Roy was Right
  3. 10-30-2019, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    if you can do dodge 'em blind folded how come you cant even do it without a blind fold?


    RTM REPLY - don't understand as my own scores of 1080 were among those removed when the category was dumped
  4. 10-30-2019, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    oh by the way, thx for displaying your attitude here and showing that one thing kok at least captured correctly was your attitude towards roy. your responses to this day do alot to explain exactly how so many bad scores got in the database and so many good ones removed under your "watch" if you can call that watching


    RTM REPLY - actually I simply posted threads from 14+ years ago with no "attitude"...you were the one who started with the unneeded commentaries.

    "KoK" captured nothing of my attitude towards Roy...if you actually listened to it and watched it I was only in the film for not even 3 minutes and only BARELY discussed matters that would have involved him...I could probably count that in terms of single digit seconds. If you think that adequately "captured" an attitude towards Roy, THAT'S inherent bias...and reading between lines which are not even there.

    Now, you said "so many" bad scores in the database...and "good ones" removed".

    Here's your chance "D'ohflake"...let's see how many of them you can list for each one of these statuses.

    The "good ones" removed...only a few removed scores were put back that I remember, including David Palmer's "Star Wars" TGTS score and Paul Dean's "Spyhunter" score. Most removed were done so with good reason. I gave an interview on one of Richie's old Podcasts and discussed close to twenty of these high-profile removals and all but a scant few were warranted. I exclude Roy's TGTS claim as to date he has yet to prove he actually did it in the first place, and his dip switch setting argument never came into being until after 2005, 20 years after the score claim, and ONLY because a former TG staffer posted the wrong settings into the TG database.

    As for "bad scores", there were I am sure a number that should never have been accepted. It's easy to do the backseat driving in the here and now when there were 10,000+ scores coming in annually and only about 4-5 active referees back then were responsible for them.I'm not going to stand by and said things were mistake-free back then. They were not. And pre-2001 where photographs were accepted was far worse. All I will say is that over a period of 5-1/2 years I watched 20,000+ performances and of those, based on the ones entered into the database as either first-timer scores by the person for a variation or scores that beat their previous, the overwhelming majority were good. Again, I'm not going to say things were perfect...but they were not the travesty that you seem hellbent on painting it as either.

    That stated, YOU try to do what we did back then while simultaneously maintaining a job. Two words...good luck.
  5. 10-30-2019, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - actually I simply posted threads from 14+ years ago with no "attitude"...you were the one who started with the unneeded commentaries.
    wrong again, you also added commentary and comented it absolved you of hating steve. your commentary was a half truth, that only focused on the part that helped you while avoiding the very real aspect of how bias against roy played into everything. sorry, but motive is key in any crime, how tg felt about roy is very relevant in explaining how steve got screwed.

    heck, i even agreed that it did demonstrate it wasnt about you hating steve. but you were the one that felt the need to argue since apparently you hate roy so much, you couldnt stand to even see my fault tg and opted to take roy's side, you had to rush to the defense of anyone bashing roy
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

    "KoK" captured nothing of my attitude towards Roy...if you actually listened to it and watched it I was only in the film for not even 3 minutes and only BARELY discussed matters that would have involved him...I could probably count that in terms of single digit seconds. If you think that adequately "captured" an attitude towards Roy, THAT'S inherent bias...and reading between lines which are not even there.
    lol yes thats kinda my point, the film is completley unreliable, yet even still, we now see from your actions here that you actually do hate roy as much as those few minutes of the film showed. i would never judge you for somehing so out of context alone, which is why i'm saying its so interesting that you yourself with comments like this now in full context actually back up what they were implying. kok doesn't prove your bias, your own words on these forums too. its just curious that you've now proven one of the few things kok got was right was about you. thats not me being biased taking small info, thats me looking at the big picture and seeing it vindicates that small piece from kok
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

    Now, you said "so many" bad scores in the database...and "good ones" removed".

    Here's your chance "D'ohflake"...let's see how many of them you can list for each one of these statuses.
    ok, lets go with todd's and ron's 100s that you defended until the last second and finally swapped sides after it was clear they needed to be removed. we can take the fake ones like wabbit that you wanted to use rounding to hide the evidence. I must say, i thought i had it seen it all, i had no idea referees would just round scores to cover up evidence for todd. theres also his impossible barnstorming you claimed to have witnesses twice and ruled out glitches. as for the rest, they were discussed in masse due to self entry back in the day and recently. you were told even then ron's massive self entry was a problem and you defended it. did you defend each ron fake score explictly name by name? no you did not, but you defended his self entry. and he had 100s of them. i'm not gonna go to the wayback machine and try to find them all. do you deny he had 100s of scores that needed to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

    The "good ones" removed...only a few removed scores were put back that I remember, including David Palmer's "Star Wars" TGTS score and Paul Dean's "Spyhunter" score. Most removed were done so with good reason. I gave an interview on one of Richie's old Podcasts and discussed close to twenty of these high-profile removals and all but a scant few were warranted. I exclude Roy's TGTS claim as to date he has yet to prove he actually did it in the first place, and his dip switch setting argument never came into being until after 2005, 20 years after the score claim, and ONLY because a former TG staffer posted the wrong settings into the TG database.
    oh boy and there it is again. so even though roys removed score was restored you're not gonna count it, further showing you're refusal to accept reality. thnakfully it no longer matters what you count the score is back and theres nothing you can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

    As for "bad scores", there were I am sure a number that should never have been accepted. It's easy to do the backseat driving in the here and now when there were 10,000+ scores coming in annually and only about 4-5 active referees back then were responsible for them.I'm not going to stand by and said things were mistake-free back then. They were not. And pre-2001 where photographs were accepted was far worse. All I will say is that over a period of 5-1/2 years I watched 20,000+ performances and of those, based on the ones entered into the database as either first-timer scores by the person for a variation or scores that beat their previous, the overwhelming majority were good. Again, I'm not going to say things were perfect...but they were not the travesty that you seem hellbent on painting it as either
    but its not just hindsite. people AT THE TIME were complaining and you were rigorously defending it. heck last time we had this argument you first denied anyone complained, and then when that was proven a lie you just dismissed it as saying you didnt care about their compliants -- which is true, you didnt care about it then, and apparently you dont care much now either
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    .

    That stated, YOU try to do what we did back then while simultaneously maintaining a job. Two words...good luck.
    lol try to screw over innocent gamers just cause i hate roy? have one set of rules for gamers and another set of rules for me and my buds? why would i try to do what you did? why dont you try to STOP doing the sort of thing you used to do. i cant believe you're actually proud of that. you've completley missed the issue. i dont want to do what you did, what you did was immoral.

    i noticed now that tgsap is up, your cred is pretty low, you complained pretty loudly to jace for letting your cred go down and calling you a "passive voter" when your passive voting dinged you and he refused to reverse the ding. why dont YOU try doing what WE do and actually watch what you adjudicate and adjudciate it correctly, instead of getting angry at jace that your passive adjudicating style doesnt work anymore.

    but i tell you what, you're right, i couldnt do what you did, so maybe i should admit that. i cant remove good scores, i cant defend bad ones. i can cop out and say i dont want that power, but fact is even if i did want it i'd have no idea how to get it. so you got me, i could never ever pull off the corrupton you did no matter how hard i might try. sick burn you got on me there.

    you know what else not even ROY could do? Roy couldnt be so offensive and dangerous to tg as to get the punishment you got for your stunts. why jace ever unbanned you is beyond me considering you were given the harshest ban in history -- harsher punishment that the big bad roy got -- for a reason

    seroiulsy man, this didnt even start as me hitting you. you could spin it as me hitting walter and billy if you like. but the invovlement of the hatred of roy is VERY germaine to understanding what went down. your need to turn this into a pissing match just shows how strong that hate is and that you're still a problem to this day
  6. 10-30-2019, 08:04 AM
    back to roy (and this part doesnt hurt rtm unless he wants to somehow make new comments here about it that do reflect on him), even in 2010 roy accused billy of doing his score live in an small unknown event so that sure people would say they saw it, but without criticis eyes, he could later swap in a direct feed tape and claim it was the live one.

    sounds familiar?

    think about that, yes yes, official stance is just "billy did not play on official umodified machine". but tg has to be cautious and leave it at the absolute provable. most people that think billy cheated think he did it on mame and then just said he did it live. i find it interesting roy was making simliar accusations back in 2010.

    just a crazy guy making stuff up wouldnt have been able to get so lucky. so this tells me both that the leadership shouldve/couldve/did? know, and it also shows the real reason to silence roy

    now i wont provide the link directly as i dont want the video playing on my comment, but do a google search on"kooks of kong" if you want to see whati'm talking about. look i never said roy embodied all i want to be, just said he was right. his video starts off with some pretty sexually explicit stuff, so you need to skip to second half. he sure made it easy to be discredited due to his uncouth ways, but uncouth or not he was right, and considering old tg didnt have the no sexual predators rule that the new tg has, dont tell me he was banned for being uncouth.
    Roy was Right
  7. 10-30-2019, 09:32 AM
    Two of my favourite quotes at KLOV about Shildt's video:

    "Watch all of it. ALL OF IT. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!"

    "He's got a screw lose but he definitely has a valid point."

    The video is vintage Shildt, but the truly shocking part comes when he sits down to comment on the launch of the International Video Game Hall of Fame (IVGHOF) in Ottumwa, Iowa. Among its inaugural group of inductees is Billy Mitchell. When I heard Shildt lay out his predication for Mitchell at IVGHOF in his video, my jaw dropped and I had to recheck the upload date multiple times.

    The video was uploaded on 26 July 2010. This date is important for what Shildt says next, which is eerily prophetic.

    Recall that Mitchell claimed he achieved a new world record on Donkey Kong AND Donkey Kong Junior on the same day while at Boomer's arcade, which was 30 July 2010. Then Mitchell goes on to announce his new "world record" on DK and DK Junior at the IVGHOF on 7 August 2010.

    What that means is Shildt uploaded his comments four days before Mitchell visited Boomer's, and 12 days before Mitchell's WR announcement.

    Roy Shildt: "Billy Mitchell’s former world record Donkey Kong score of 1,050,200 points on July 2007 is a sham. It’s been reported as being filmed by direct feed, not of Billy playing the game, and under that criteria, it is an invalid score. In July 2007, Billy played that score at an out of the way Broker convention as a smokescreen so he couldn’t be scrutinized, and we must assume that Billy’s world record score was actually played at another time and place and was somehow switched for what Billy played that day - if he played at all.

    Billy’s induction to the International Video Game Hall of Fame he set up with his friends in Ottumwa Iowa this August 6 through 8th is also a sham, not to imply that the whole Hall of Fame is a sham. And here’s the proof. Right now, Billy Mitchell doesn’t have the world record Donkey Kong score but “Billy has a plan” like he always does - and here it is: Between now and August 7, he’ll probably reclaim the Donkey Kong world record with some bullcrap scenario and then on August 7th he’ll make sure that a Donkey Kong machine is not there, and if there is one, he’ll come up with some lame excuse for not playing it - and if he doesn’t play, he’d better prove that his former world record is not a direct feed."

    In reference to the "bullcrap scenario," I don't know if Shildt anticipated another direct feed, and he certainly didn't anticipate Robert Childs dropping staged Boomer videos the same day, but I think it's same to assume they would fit the criteria of said scenario. And although Shildt is unsure about the direct feed of the 1.05 million score, TG uploaded the last few minutes of Mitchell's 1.05 million score in 2009 on YouTube as part of the Settle it On the Screen channel and acknowledged in the description it was direct feed.

    As we know, Shildt attended the IVGHOF event in August 2010, and interviewed Todd Rogers about Mitchell's record at Boomer's which occurred a week earlier. Thanks to his interview, Shildt captured Rogers claiming that the world record event came together at the last moment and that the original reason to visit Boomer's was just so the two of them could horse around on DK machines playing blindfolded, and only after Rogers goaded Mitchell to try a serious game on DK did he decide to play seriously, which flatly and completely contradicts the witnesses statements of Mitchell and other Boomer personnel in his Evidence Package. This probably explains why the package had a witness statement from Rogers for the 1.05 million score at the Mortgage broker's convention and NOT for his "live verification" of the Boomer's score.
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-30-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    Thanks Snowflake, starcrytas, ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes datagod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  8. 10-30-2019, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - actually I simply posted threads from 14+ years ago with no "attitude"...you were the one who started with the unneeded commentaries


    RTM REPLY - I'd like to add to that...when I posted the links to the old forum exchanges with Wiebe, the "take-away" should have been, as I had indicated, that proof had been found to support that Wiebe was indeed given a publicly-stated opportunity for a TG staffer to visit him at no expense and that based on his gameplay alone, no recording even necessary, his best game score would be honoured...plus he would keep the board. That was the purpose of my post...period.

    You seem to have isolated the negatives from that old TG thread and focused instead on the Roy-element which, at this point is a done deal. Extreme caution was the result once his involvement was discovered...period. And that's fine...your ending every post with Roy being "Right" is indicative of your stance on such matters even in light of his 34 year history of shenanigans versus TG many of which are criminal in scope.
  9. 10-30-2019, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - I'd like to add to that...when I posted the links to the old forum exchanges with Wiebe, the "take-away" should have been, as I had indicated, that proof had been found to support that Wiebe was indeed given a publicly-stated opportunity for a TG staffer to visit him at no expense and that based on his gameplay alone, no recording even necessary, his best game score would be honoured...plus he would keep the board. That was the purpose of my post...period.

    You seem to have isolated the negatives from that old TG thread and focused instead on the Roy-element which, at this point is a done deal. Extreme caution was the result once his involvement was discovered...period. And that's fine...your ending every post with Roy being "Right" is indicative of your stance on such matters even in light of his 34 year history of shenanigans versus TG many of which are criminal in scope.
    not true, i mean yes its true you only wanted one take away because it is you who picks and chooses. too bad, you no longer get to control the conversation with your cover ups and "rounding" of impossible scores anymore. your commentary that you deny providing was very biased and sought to take things out of context pretending steve was treated oh so failry, when in reality, sure i agree steve wasnt hated, but no he was not treated fairly due to the bias against roy.

    i actualy acknowledged your point was correct but also wanted the other points included here as well. it is you who pick and choose and only want a few points while acusing me of picking and choosing since i actually look it all including the parts you dont like.

    and there you go still tryig to bring roy's alleged criminal histroy into deflect. did anyone else have their criminal histroy -- proven criminal history mind you, not just alleged -- affect their scores? why only with roy? i'd really like to hear how roy claiming to be the daddy of madonna's baby or other nonsense from him in anyway means the boards he touched must be tainted despite the gameplay being fine.

    also, while you continue to point to roy's antics -- which some of them i can acnowlwedge, but others i have my doubts -- you do nothing to explain how he could've see so easily billy was cheating.

    Billys pattern was SO RIDICULOUSLY transparent that it takes O HINDSIGHT it was foresight. it was such a pattern roy could predict it in advance. so how could crazy roy see something in advance that the tg refs couldnt even see even after the fact, even after it was brought to their attention?
    Why were proven criminals welcomed in, but a suspected criminal who called out billy and was right kept out? drop your nonsense about it being his crimes, if that was true tg wouldnt have awarded a convicted sex offender award and you wouldnt have sent him so many letters in prison that the prison itself told you to limit it a little. Face it, TG doesnt (and i agree shouldnt) investigate crimes or enforce laws. The treatment of roy wasnt about his shenanigans, the treatment of roy was because he was right and needed to be silenced
    Last edited by Snowflake; 10-30-2019 at 10:06 AM.
  10. 10-30-2019, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    ..your ending every post with Roy being "Right" is indicative of your stance on such matters even in light of his 34 year history of shenanigans versus TG many of which are criminal in scope.
    oh i should probably let this one go, but

    its called a "signature" i dont actually end my posts with it. its automated and applied to even old posts from before the signature. if i change my signature then even in uneditable threads it will be changed

    come on man, signatures like this are very common. how can you not even know the basics of turning on a computer. take some computer literacy classes already, learn something about technology. i'm amazed you even knew how to work a vcr, then again considering the scores you verified maybe you never quite did learn how to work the vcr after all lol
    Roy was Right
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 147
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Join us