Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

    This poll is closed
  1. 10-16-2021, 06:19 PM
    Maybe TG's counterpoint about Dwayne's innocence was also something the appeals court couldn't consider directly given the issue about "competing claims" again. In related news, with the conclusion of the appeal's process, according to the LA court.org website, TG has formally kicked off its cross-complaint against Mitchell so we may be hearing more about that in the days ahead.
    Likes Snowflake, Streetwize, RedDawn liked this post
  2. 10-17-2021, 03:53 PM
    Small update on the Mitchell vs Race lawsuit:

    A motion for a protective order was filed against Mitchell on the 12th of October. Mitchell served a second request for production September 10th, but according to the motion it didn't contribute much to the discovery for figuring out if Florida would have jurisdiction over Race. I'd love to go into more detail on that, but the actual requests are not publicly viewable; only the responses are. Mitchell's first request for production asked for a lot that has nothing to do with the recorded call, some of which concern facts Race admitted in the request for admissions. I can only imagine that some of the new requests are altered versions of what was requested before to better meet what it was objected over, but a large part of it was simply irrelevant in the first place.

    Anyway, the reason for the order was due to the hearing scheduled on January 20th and reasonably states that it is not meant to stall as it'll only last until the court reviews the current material and decides if it actually does have jurisdiction over Race.

    All documents publicly accessible regarding this case can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1f?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Streetwize; 10-18-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    Thanks Snowflake, JJT_Defender, RedDawn thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 10-17-2021, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Maybe TG's counterpoint about Dwayne's innocence was also something the appeals court couldn't consider directly given the issue about "competing claims" again. In related news, with the conclusion of the appeal's process, according to the LA court.org website, TG has formally kicked off its cross-complaint against Mitchell so we may be hearing more about that in the days ahead.
    i commented on this a little in a wall post. I read the doc, and its relevant to point out that while mitchel's document was filled with lies that have been discussed in detail here, there were of course some truths, opinions, and weak evidence as well. I noticed, at least it appeared to me, that the outright lies didnt seem to affect mitchells "win" in the antislapp and rather since he had weak evidence as well that wasnt outright lies for each needed point it went through
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 10-18-2021, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I noticed, at least it appeared to me, that the outright lies didnt seem to affect mitchells "win" in the antislapp and rather since he had weak evidence as well that wasnt outright lies for each needed point it went through
    One of the points brought up was the version of MAME not existing because of the girder finger not appearing. Mitchell's supporting evidence for that was blatant lies. He claimed Wes Copeland deliberately lied about the refresh rate and he showed the monitor specs that says 60 hz as proof, ignoring the ± 5 hz right next to it that explains that the monitor can support any range from 55 hz to 65 hz. That argument was an outright lie that weakly attacked the evidence against him. Paraphrasing his own words in that phone call with Race, he lets others investigate for him.
  5. 10-20-2021, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    The short of the anti-SLAPP appeal ruling is basically: "He has presented his case in a way that is compelling enough to warrant a trial and as such we can't really weigh much of the evidence against him." I've come to realize that the anti-SLAPP statute really isn't designed for cases structured like this.
    There's lawyer videos on Youtube discussing how the California anti-SLAPP law doesn't actually work, nor even approaches what it was intended to 'fix'. It is effectively useless as a result.
  6. 10-27-2021, 11:36 AM
    Speaking of evidence, I wonder if Team Billy is aware of the importance of keeping emails? As far as I can reacall, Joel West was acting as the legal team for the old Twin Galaxies (owners Walter Day and Billy) and was instrumental in negotiating a deal with all parties involved (possibly including the messy deal with Pete Bouvier's selling to RK and the other fella).

    I would imagine that Joel West's emails to Walter and Billy would be required to be handed over as part of the discovery process. Private emails are no longer private when used to conduct business, and may very well be requested by the courts. A third party may be delegated to determine which emails are relevant and which ones are personal and private. I am not a lawyer of course, but I watch a lot of TV. :)



    Name:  2021-10-27 13_39_44-Is Your Email Safe in Case of a Lawsuit_ - Brave.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  396.6 KB
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes Streetwize liked this post
  7. 10-27-2021, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Speaking of evidence, I wonder if Team Billy is aware of the importance of keeping emails? As far as I can reacall, Joel West was acting as the legal team for the old Twin Galaxies (owners Walter Day and Billy) and was instrumental in negotiating a deal with all parties involved (possibly including the messy deal with Pete Bouvier's selling to RK and the other fella).

    I would imagine that Joel West's emails to Walter and Billy would be required to be handed over as part of the discovery process. Private emails are no longer private when used to conduct business, and may very well be requested by the courts. A third party may be delegated to determine which emails are relevant and which ones are personal and private. I am not a lawyer of course, but I watch a lot of TV. :)
    I recall Joel saying he was a paralegal, which isn't quite a lawyer. If what you say about is actions his true, I think it's fair to raise the question of whether such a paper he wrote is truly legal. At the very least, I'd think he would need an actual attorney to back it up as truly legal. Perhaps it could still technically be a contract to bind by or something similar. I don't know the exacts, but I still stand by my question. Anyway, if the court doesn't request Mitchell for the emails, TG could, and if Mitchell objects to it he better have a good reason to do so. If Race's case is anything to go by, unless the request itself is worded problematically I fail to see how it wouldn't be overruled.
  8. 10-27-2021, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I recall Joel saying he was a paralegal, which isn't quite a lawyer. If what you say about is actions his true, I think it's fair to raise the question of whether such a paper he wrote is truly legal. At the very least, I'd think he would need an actual attorney to back it up as truly legal. Perhaps it could still technically be a contract to bind by or something similar. I don't know the exacts, but I still stand by my question. Anyway, if the court doesn't request Mitchell for the emails, TG could, and if Mitchell objects to it he better have a good reason to do so. If Race's case is anything to go by, unless the request itself is worded problematically I fail to see how it wouldn't be overruled.
    Joel West was definitely a paralegal. Yes, that is not a lawyer. But you do not need to be a lawyer to enter into a contract, or to create/sign/issue legal papers.

    Joel told me he spent 120+ hours researching the history of Twin Galaxies and doing what he could to facilitate the sale to Jace. Joel was a hard worker, but he made poor decisions. He told me he expected to be paid for his time, but that never came to be. You don't take on that amount of work unless you have it in writing, up front.

    Anyway, I am sure that Joel's gmail account is a treasure trove of evidence, same with Billy and Walter. They say the discovery process is very expensive, I can only imagine that is because of attorney's fees while they sort out what is and what is not relevant to the case.
  9. 10-27-2021, 10:20 PM
    I do feel bad for Joel. Loyal yet subservient just like a dog. On top of that, the events after his death with his family and the handling of his body was just heartrending. After reading over his legal threat to TG from the dispute thread again, I noticed he spilled a LOT of Mitchell's lies that were going to show up in court documents. I cannot imagine how unhappy Mitchell was with someone speaking for him choosing to reveal many of his defenses as a last-ditch effort. Regardless, I agree that his email will likely have a lot of evidence, as much as Mitchell hates having such around. It's one place I don't think he can easily access. I hope it stays that way.

    In other news, I apologize for being three days late on the matter, but Todd's lawsuit has been reclosed. The court found his Pro Se filing inadequate and pretty much told him "if you want this then do it right, and don't ask us for help." As a result I don't think the door has been fully shut yet. I'll check back in 2-4 weeks in case Todd does something, though it's starting to look like the end. I just find it funny as the lawsuit was dismissed because, despite the initial complaint pointing to the correct branch of Guinness, the amended complaint pointed to a different branch, and they hired a lawyer to dismiss the case.
  10. 10-29-2021, 03:55 AM
    I told Billy in a private conversation that Joel West was hurting his case more than helping. I told him that Joel was going about things the wrong way. Instead of asking people to be patient and have an open mind, he was doing his "How dare you!" schtick, winding people up, making them WANT to see Billy fail. He was offensive, insulting, overbearing and down right harmful to Billy's defense.

    But you know what they say. Nothing is private on the internet. Within hours Joel found out about it made a video about me, calling be a back stabber. The video was quite shameful actually. He was wishing me a happy birthday (we share the same birthday) and he unwrapped a present that was addressed to me.



    Name:  Joel happy birthday hate 1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  289.2 KB

    In the tradition of the internet, nothing is private. I copied his video and shared it on facebook. As you can imagine, Joel was furious, demanding that I take down the video. He threatened to "destroy" me. He was desperate. The things he said to me ended our very long and strong friendship. Looking back now, I can see that Joel was very ill, and in the last 2 years of his life the weight of the world was crushing his spirit. In my opinion he was acting quite irrationally. I have since forgiven him for the things he said to me, and I look back at my many years of being best friends with him fondly.

    Oh yes, during this time I was close to somebody else on "Team Billy" who was giving them strategic advice. I don't know if their advice was sincere or not, but it certainly seemed to me that Team Billy was in panic mode and were willing to try out anything. I won't share who that person is, because they too were a former friend and I don 't want to further increase the antagonism between us. Common thread with Donkey Kong it seems.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes Maris Memes liked this post
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1024
Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 LastLast
Join us