Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

    This poll is closed
  1. 10-11-2021, 06:21 PM
    peterson's offical resignation announcement is here. His main reason -- believe it or not -- is about a journalism opportunity. NOT about Billy or about anyone hating on him.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/printth...t=132673&pp=10

    OriginalPSP
    Public notice of resignation - Patrick Scott Patterson
    I have teased for a couple of weeks now that I had an announcement and I'm making it public today. I will be leaving the Twin Galaxies staff effective March 1, 2011 to pursue a journalistic opportunity that I simply could not pass up.

    I tendered my resignation to David Nelson on February 11, two days after I received a chance to have video gaming articles and opinion columns syndicated across the mainstream media, likely including television and other media appearances once the ball gets rolling.

    While multi-tasking is not typically a big deal to me, the style and attitude in which I am being marketed, as well as the subject matter I am expected to write about from time to time, is too much of a potential conflict of interest to Twin Galaxies.

    The manner in which I will be tackling subjects such as parents responsibility in keeping children away from inappropriate gaming content, the media's slanted views on that very topic and much more cannot be fully tackled if there is any chance of them being misunderstood as the opinions of this organization.

    My last day is March 1. All submissions in my hands today as well as any which are postmarked prior to today's date will be verified and entered. Score tracks that I have completed research on will also be set up prior to my departure as well as any other internal loose ends that can be completed before that date.

    I am leaving on the most friendly of terms and have been assured that the door is open for me to return in the future. I will continue to report on Twin Galaxies-related topics including new video gaming records and events in an effort to give them as much mainstream attention as possible, and I will continue to compete for scores here as time allows.

    Any other information regarding this will be posted on my website as they come to light. I've enjoyed my time on staff, the people that I've had the privledge to meet, and I continue to support Twin Galaxies in full.

    Thank you.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes Streetwize, RedDawn liked this post
  2. 10-11-2021, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Maybe because not only was he defending Todd but he was bashing the dispute process and saying he didn't agree with the dispute or the process while it was going on and that he and the rest of the USNVGT didn't support the process. This was after Omnigamer made his analysis that made it clear as day that 5.51 wasn't possible. Like I said previously I have no problem with people changing their mind. I have a problem with people lying. You asked me for proof that he was supporting Todd during the dispute and I provided it. This goes beyond just saying you support someone when you completely disregard all the evidence and the process.
    Yes, you did, but you did not answer my question. What makes him different from the many others who blindly chose to believe in Todd? He was not the only one that disliked the dispute system. Many people had a legitimate concern over the slippery slope of challenging scores before the era of tangible proof. You provided nothing new and are still are holding him to a double standard. I get it: he did a lot of awful things, but you come off as singling him out for something many others have done.

    For the record too being a TG ref BITD wasn't a paying job. It was volunteer work.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 298
Size:  37.9 KB
    I'm taking it straight from the horse's mouth by TG itself. You say his owed money his untrue, you accuse TG of lying at this point. I doubt TG would provide such accusations without evidence, however, even if it isn't freely accessible.
  3. 10-11-2021, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Yes, you did, but you did not answer my question. What makes him different from the many others who blindly chose to believe in Todd? He was not the only one that disliked the dispute system. Many people had a legitimate concern over the slippery slope of challenging scores before the era of tangible proof. You provided nothing new and are still are holding him to a double standard. I get it: he did a lot of awful things, but you come off as singling him out for something many others have done.


    Name:  image.png
Views: 298
Size:  37.9 KB
    I'm taking it straight from the horse's mouth by TG itself. You say his owed money his untrue, you accuse TG of lying at this point. I doubt TG would provide such accusations without evidence, however, even if it isn't freely accessible.
    i dont know if your first point was exclusively to glen, as i think my reason for talking about the dragster for patrick alone is clear, i was poking holes in the idea that the only reason to hate him is over his criticisms of billy.

    As for your other point, this is billy mitchel and walter day defrauding psp. Now if you're just countering datagod's point about volunteers never being paid fine, and for the record, I also think its super highly unlikely jace would lie in court, but correct me if i'm wrong, but psp's story is that pete, not billy or walter in this case was the one making promises of money he never delivered on.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 10-11-2021, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    peterson's offical resignation announcement is here. His main reason -- believe it or not -- is about a journalism opportunity. NOT about Billy or about anyone hating on him.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/printth...t=132673&pp=10
    Interesting find. I do believe he is speaking the truth about finding another job, but at a glance I'd point out that he seems to to be acting as amicable as possible. I must go back to my earlier point that some professionalism is required. Bringing up issues he had with the company would not solve anything. and serve only to create drama. I'm no journalist, but I wouldn't that kind of pettiness to be associated with my company. The one thing that strikes me as odd regarding tension with TG is that he himself states this line: "I am leaving on the most friendly of terms and have been assured that the door is open for me to return in the future." Maybe it was professionalism on their part too. Who knows?

    My point is that he couldn't simply just say what he wanted. Any one of us could say F*** this person or this site sucks and we'd only be kicked off the site. A journalist saying such could lose their entire career.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 10-11-2021 at 07:26 PM.
  5. 10-11-2021, 07:23 PM
    pure speculation -- its entirley possible at least one of those debts is storage of tapes

    RTM has talked about how impossible it was to return the tapes with walter effectively just using him for free storage
    PSP also talked a few times about not being able to get them to pay for shipping to take back the tapes.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  6. 10-11-2021, 07:58 PM
    Cat never worked for Walter or Pete's era of TG. She wrote articles for TG under the ownership of Richie and Jordan.

    You can speculate all you want about PSP's motives for this and that. But it is clear in his statement plus his *emotional* 20 minute resignation video that he was moving on to better things. Not once did he mention he was being hated on for attacking Billy, for at that time he did NOT attack Billy in any way. He didn't start slagging Billy until later on when he was snubbed and it was made clear that he was NOT going to be offered money (as a gift from Walter) after the sale of TG to Jace Hall.

    It doesn't really matter. It is all irrelevent. Now lets get on with the case at hand.
  7. 10-11-2021, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    This is probably the article you're looking for, Snowflake:
    https://www.scholarlygamers.com/feat...illy-mitchell/

    IMHO that article comes off as total PSP revisionism. The entire reason he wrote it was to revise his spot in history. Ive found, except when stating known facts, you can hardly trust a word that man types, especially when it concerns his motivations and such. Some of his criticisms of Billy are valid in this article, but thats about all the worth I found in it.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 10-11-2021, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Yes, you did, but you did not answer my question. What makes him different from the many others who blindly chose to believe in Todd? He was not the only one that disliked the dispute system. Many people had a legitimate concern over the slippery slope of challenging scores before the era of tangible proof. You provided nothing new and are still are holding him to a double standard. I get it: he did a lot of awful things, but you come off as singling him out for something many others have done.


    Name:  image.png
Views: 298
Size:  37.9 KB
    I'm taking it straight from the horse's mouth by TG itself. You say his owed money his untrue, you accuse TG of lying at this point. I doubt TG would provide such accusations without evidence, however, even if it isn't freely accessible.
    If the question is what makes him different from many people that believed Todd and then changed their mind then the answer to that is simple. The other people didn't have a vested interest in Todd. The other people didn't buy the trademark to a video game team that had Todd as an alumni member in it. The other people didn't try to promote themselves and get into conventions as speakers using the name recognition of other gamers. It's one thing to criticize how disputes are handled (hell I think most disputes aren't handled the greatest and the Dragster dispute was one of the worst ones in that regard) but it's another thing to ignore the evidence that was presented. At the time of the "I stand with Todd" posts there were MULTIPLE disputes on Todd's scores that were easily proven. Scores with games that had kill screens at a certain scores or my favorite the Atari Slots dispute.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  9. 10-11-2021, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Interesting find. I do believe he is speaking the truth about finding another job, but at a glance I'd point out that he seems to to be acting as amicable as possible. I must go back to my earlier point that some professionalism is required. Bringing up issues he had with the company would not solve anything. and serve only to create drama. I'm no journalist, but I wouldn't that kind of pettiness to be associated with my company. The one thing that strikes me as odd regarding tension with TG is that he himself states this line: "I am leaving on the most friendly of terms and have been assured that the door is open for me to return in the future." Maybe it was professionalism on their part too. Who knows?

    My point is that he couldn't simply just say what he wanted. Any one of us could say F*** this person or this site sucks and we'd only be kicked off the site. A journalist saying such could lose their entire career.
    He couldn't say what he wanted? What's your proof of that? We already know his NDA claim was bogus. It's funny that he said in that post he wanted to leave in the friendliest way possible and then months after he quit made a 20+ minute long video burning his bridges with both the previous owner Pete and TG itself. The whole basis of that video was F*** Pete and this site sucks. So apparently he didn't care about his "journalistic career". My final point is the only proof that we have of PSP questioning Billy BITD is just his word. The proof we have of PSP supporting Billy during those times is old forum posts, articles, etc. Pretty much we have actual proof people can see for themselves that he supported Billy rather than questioning him.
    Likes RedDawn liked this post
  10. 10-12-2021, 09:47 AM
    to what started this tangent agan, comment 127 in this very thread, the evener says it way better than i could. having trouble refinding the video but you can see evener's description. I know people from the time -- on both sides -- like to say 'well you werent there" as a catch all defense of anything, but video tape was there. https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...=1#post1059860
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks RedDawn thanked this post
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1024
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Join us