Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

This poll is closed
  1. 12-23-2021, 06:17 PM
    obviously claims nintendo and namco and some others did their own investigation are rubish. even if we're to beleive they did such an investigation AND proved billy innocent the fact the only knowledge we have of those investigation is billy himself claiming it happened, yet those organizatoins making no such statement makes it useless

however, the judges and professionals that ruled against TG thats more a twist than an outright lie. They've been regarding winning the anti-slapp and some sort of proof that billy is innocent. Thats the victory (which fine yes it is a victory) that they've overblown for so long, they've now evolved into treating it as a victory on the actual case itself
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes datagod liked this post
  2. 12-23-2021, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    obviously claims nintendo and namco and some others did their own investigation are rubish. even if we're to beleive they did such an investigation AND proved billy innocent the fact the only knowledge we have of those investigation is billy himself claiming it happened, yet those organizatoins making no such statement makes it useless

however, the judges and professionals that ruled against TG thats more a twist than an outright lie. They've been regarding winning the anti-slapp and some sort of proof that billy is innocent. Thats the victory (which fine yes it is a victory) that they've overblown for so long, they've now evolved into treating it as a victory on the actual case itself
    You can't undrink the Cool-Aid once you've drank it. The only person that loses anything is going to be Billy anyway, they might as well go down with the ship since they have nothing to gain or lose anyway.
  3. 12-25-2021, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The account on youtube says "Billy Mitchell" but then goes on to say things about Billy in the third person.
    "Billy Mitchell is getting angry! Worlds are colliding, Jerry!"

Innocent people don't let others do the talking for them.
    I gotta talk to this David Race guy sometime! GWR being slapped with a legal hush with no investigation back then certainly the previous legal threats made public opinion more than ever strongly believe Billy to have cheated. I pose this simple question to GWR openly here.

If Billy Mitchell as a public figure already had a record with GWR's "company" then why not simply let him appeal or reach out to and explain the situation to obtain the record back? Was such process and investigation even took place, obviously better done in public to clear his name. Wouldn't it have made more sense for Billy who wanted to protect his image to not legally threaten GWR an just reach out to them directly? Walter Day previously worked for GWR, a biased touch all the more.

Furthermore, Back then I directly reached out to IVGHOF via Facebook and asked them back in 2018. (Or as Rudy J Ferretti[RIP and Merry Christmas buddy.] once called it "The ill-forgotten video game house of foolery") "Why are you keeping Billy Mitchell's records when it's been proven to have used mame and possibly have cheated?" Obviously I full well knew Billy is also a key money dropper into his own fame running the IVGHOF himself with others. I got blocked by (A girl named Kelly I believe?; This is too long for me to wanna remember specifics, but they were attached to facebook group as an admin.) who told me he didn't cheat and to "go away" I respectfully asked one question and got that. Such a preordain response. As if to cement history before it even has time to dry.

It doesn't make sense from AN INNOCENT PERSONS standpoint even if GWR published the scores removal to take the actions Billy had done even IF he can still do the score today; If you remember correctly back during SFG 2018 he had an announcement video of him standing in a hallway "I wish I had it and could give it you; but it's going to take alot of time and resources." It's been 3.5 years now and because he has spun what I believe is too many people into the involvement in his own case for the validity of his score regardless of which media platform that holds it. No judge will "want" to waste the time listening to dozens of people. Infact most human beings don't wanna hear the same spiel repeated 10 times let alone how many people he has made a part of his legal suit now? I can't count with both hands?

The best way to increase his chances of winning his case? Cut down the amount of people he's involved in his own case.
    A short and simple explanation from several people is enough. As for mentioning big companies like namco or nintendo; Cut that altogether as you risk damaging their brand and they can turn around and do the same thing. "Namco's founder watched me do this score." even if you prove it and your ties are still good with those companies, if their stocks suffer defending you THEY CAN AND WILL TURN TO YOU. Even having their brands referenced throughout the lawsuit filings isn't great. One major key we been missing for 3.5 years is Billy not giving us a single. goddamn tape. of his score. That does not have a girder finger in the recording which would represent not having used mame. The correct settings for the track.

You mean to tell me with all the media recording devices Walter Day had access to or any of the referees back in the day or you personally didn't own a recording device, a camcorder, something to record when you planned or didn't plan to do this achievement?

From a gamer's standpoint that is in their 20-30s regardless of era as well as the next generations would say roughly the following-
    "Why the hell didn't you record something that awesome for yourself?"

Infact. I explained to my 13 year old nephew as I like to call it "The grim adventures of Billy and Walter" on Christmas eve.
    The response from a 13 year old in 2021? "He sounds like that loser from the regular show I used to watch."
    (I nearly bursted into tears of laughter cause he didn't know the comparison.)

Anyway, Because of the way Billy acts and his previous history of actions the last few years, Even should his case reach superior. It'll be dropped unless he starts changing some conditions and hires a good proper lawyer to tell him to simplify this and prove it.
    Last edited by Maris Memes; 12-25-2021 at 06:52 AM.
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  4. 01-01-2022, 11:30 AM
    I've run into this Billy Mitchell before, and I'm certain that is the real Mitchell. I do not know why he's talking in third person, but he uses the same type of speaking mannerisms and phrases. Furthermore, I called him out on being the real Billy Mitchell despite talking in third person, and he didn't deny it. Like the coward he is, he wound up deleting his comments. If that isn't any sort of confirmation, then I don't know what is.
  5. 01-01-2022, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I've run into this Billy Mitchell before, and I'm certain that is the real Mitchell. I do not know why he's talking in third person, but he uses the same type of speaking mannerisms and phrases. Furthermore, I called him out on being the real Billy Mitchell despite talking in third person, and he didn't deny it. Like the coward he is, he wound up deleting his comments. If that isn't any sort of confirmation, then I don't know what is.
    billy often lets others speaks for him and even gives his son his password to his accounts allowing him to simultaneiously use his blue check marked accounts to put out his offensive statements while also being able to hide behidn "it wasnt me it was the guy i gave my password to ". Junior bounces between talking in the first person for papa and speaking more normally refering to him in the third person
  6. 01-01-2022, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Billy often lets others speaks for him and even gives his son his password to his accounts allowing him to simultaneously use his blue check marked accounts to put out his offensive statements while also being able to hide behind "it wasn't me it was the guy I gave my password to ". Junior bounces between talking in the first person for papa and speaking more normally referring to him in the third person
    For all intents and purposes, if he's letting it happen, then it might as well be him. If he was a victim of social engineering, then it'd be a different story, but he's the one masterminding this tirade. This isn't something he can hide behind like he tries to with everything else. Trying to sweep something like this under the rug as another person using his accounts doesn't really bode well if they're not some sort of manager, and even then it's a colossal disaster if a social media manager screws up. I can't say for certain, but given the activity I've seen on his Twitter, I highly doubt he actually has someone, or at least some professional, managing his social media. As a result, he can't throw others under the bus when they are allowed to speak for him unless he joins them. This is his legitimate public presence on the Internet. He can't pull excuses like that here. If he doesn't want to take accountability for others' mistakes, then he either needs to handle it himself or get a professional. I'd personally advise the latter if I'm being honest.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 01-01-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    Likes Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  7. 01-09-2022, 05:18 PM
    Mitchell submitted his amended complaint in his lawsuit against Race a few days ago. I recall reading that this was supposed to be submitted earlier and was brought up despite not existing. It's depressing to read through. I'll go through each relevant point separately.

He finally alleged that Race called him. Kinda late. Race fired first on this point, which is telling, yet neither side has provided actual proof of who called who. I want to think it actually was Mitchell as in the full call he asked for Race's time, but that isn't anything definite. I'm hoping someone procures actual proof if it still exists, but I get that some people go through many phones so it may not be possible.
    The claim of minimum contacts being met is still present, but has absolutely no basis to it now. Even the modified story where he made contact with Mitchell back in 2010 had something to go off of despite having no actual legal merit, but that has been removed. Not even the other arguments from his other documents about Race knowing other people in Florida or making social media posts is present. All that is stated is that he has the requisite minimum contacts. I think the court would like to know how.
    The first RFA was attached as it is used to establish some facts. However, some of the admissions that were denied were also stated as facts, including Race editing the recorded call. I think this was supposed to be part of the original amended complaint, but was modified to fit the response. I admit as a non-legal expert I don't know how it all works, but I cannot imagine how it would bode well to present admissions that were denied according to your own exhibit as facts without even trying to prove those denials were false. Conversely, I can only imagine how much it would hit his credibility for the defense to point that out just like when they pointed out how he never initially alleged that Race called him.
    He keeps harping on the Facebook post Race made about the legality of phone calls as him KNOWING what he did was illegal, but this is confirmation bias. He's trying to get around the legality of his actions by bringing up all the other calls he recorded and make what he does look worse than it really is (and he wants to claim he's a victim of goalposts being shifted). I cannot look at this complaint and say that it holds up well when he provides no solid proof of anything. This is why people are skeptical of him. 90% of the time he just expects you to believe anything he says without backing himself up. Maybe I don't know how courts work since I don't have access to all the court evidence, but given that it's currently someone's word against another's, I have to dissect arguments to see if they hold up. So far, I found more flaws on the Plaintiff's side.

To any Mitchell supporters reading this, I understand the feeling of cognitive dissonance. We try so hard to keep our world the way we punctuate it. It is so much easier to hear and think what we want, but the harsh truth is that it can't always be that way. The people who were once your allies had to face this dilemma head-on. They truly wanted Mitchell to be innocent just like you, but doubt festered as promises weren't kept. So many claims of absolute proof were always "on their way", but never came. Even if such infallible and airtight evidence comes up during the trial, think about it: he withheld this while claiming that TG were shown the truth but didn't care. TG couldn't have known about this truth before going to trial, so his claim of malice goes out the window.
    On the subject of his lawsuit versus David Race, let us put aside the legality and look at the content of the recorded call: he is willing to fabricate a tape to discredit the people investigating him. Not only was his plan ill-thought-out, why would he do something to destroy his own credibility as well if he was really innocent? I sure as hell would not want to associate myself with someone who would be willing to stoop to their enemy's level to get back at them. I'd want my friend to be the better person. Hindsight is 20/20, though, and it was a good thing he didn't go through with it for his own sake.
    One last thing, in the full call he said that he lets other people do his research for him. Nobody is perfect, and errors in communication can happen. What he gets fed becomes parroted by others without any sort of scrutiny. Enabling the cheat feature in MAME became misinterpreted as MAME having some sort of cheat code. We already had innocent people slandered, and in an attempt to belittle his enemies they made themselves petty and hypocritical. Please, educate yourselves. An article exists that goes into a lot of detail about the evidence against him, and even refutes some of the said parroted counterpoints he makes, backed with full evidence. I suggest you read it with an open mind. Don't let your emotions get in the way of the truth. Trust me. I've been on both sides defending and against someone over serious allegations, and I have been wrong on both sides when I didn't properly consider the other side. I'm not making that mistake with Mitchell. I read through both sides' evidence, listened to outsiders who had any sort of actual involvement in the history behind it, and made my own conclusions. Neither side is perfect, but I cannot believe someone whose story clashes with how history unfolded prior to that.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 01-09-2022 at 11:07 PM.
    Thanks datagod, Rev John, Foot0fGod thanked this post
    Likes Rev John liked this post
  8. 01-09-2022, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    He couldn't say what he wanted? What's your proof of that? We already know his NDA claim was bogus. It's funny that he said in that post he wanted to leave in the friendliest way possible and then months after he quit made a 20+ minute long video burning his bridges with both the previous owner Pete and TG itself. The whole basis of that video was F*** Pete and this site sucks. So apparently he didn't care about his "journalistic career". My final point is the only proof that we have of PSP questioning Billy BITD is just his word. The proof we have of PSP supporting Billy during those times is old forum posts, articles, etc. Pretty much we have actual proof people can see for themselves that he supported Billy rather than questioning him.
    I didn't notice this post earlier, but I'll respond now. Why do I need to provide proof that he couldn't simply say F*** TG while he worked there? I thought it would be common sense that publicly speaking bad about your job or divulging serious internal issues within your company would cost you your job. I personally find it appalling that you would deny the possibility that he may have simply been doing his job, and imply that he somehow could freely speak against those he was associated with while working there. Do you have any sort of proof he supported Mitchell other than his activity while with TG? How can you seriously think he would have still been writing for TG if he bashed Mitchell and Bouvier? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. Some may see it as a lack of integrity, but the hard truth is that not everyone is brave enough to be a whistleblower. That's a flaw of humanity, and is certainly not his own flaw.
    Him burning bridges afterwards has nothing to do with how he left. He could have easily burned those bridges when he left. There's a major difference. As far as I've observed, you're just a conspiracist too attached to TG's past to ever let people move forward. Nobody is perfect, but harping on every flaw is only going to drag everyone down. As for why Jace didn't respond to you regarding Todd Rogers, I suggest you read this. Near the end of the post explains why he feels trying to defend himself ends up being a waste of time.

I admit I don't know much about PSP's history, but I do think he should at least be listened to regarding Mitchell as he was around during that era of TG. Considering that TG's countersuit includes allegations he brought up, I really wouldn't want him to be lying. I hope you at least feel the same. If we can agree on this point, I'll be happy enough to end this discussion here.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 01-09-2022 at 06:22 PM.
    Thanks OriginalPSP thanked this post
    Likes OriginalPSP liked this post
  9. 01-10-2022, 12:40 AM
    I didn't notice this post earlier, but I'll respond now. Why do I need to provide proof that he couldn't simply say F*** TG while he worked there? I thought it would be common sense that publicly speaking bad about your job or divulging serious internal issues within your company would cost you your job. I personally find it appalling that you would deny the possibility that he may have simply been doing his job, and imply that he somehow could freely speak against those he was associated with while working there. Do you have any sort of proof he supported Mitchell other than his activity while with TG? How can you seriously think he would have still been writing for TG if he bashed Mitchell and Bouvier? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. Some may see it as a lack of integrity, but the hard truth is that not everyone is brave enough to be a whistleblower. That's a flaw of humanity, and is certainly not his own flaw.
    Him burning bridges afterwards has nothing to do with how he left. He could have easily burned those bridges when he left. There's a major difference. As far as I've observed, you're just a conspiracist too attached to TG's past to ever let people move forward. Nobody is perfect, but harping on every flaw is only going to drag everyone down. As for why Jace didn't respond to you regarding Todd Rogers, I suggest you read this. Near the end of the post explains why he feels trying to defend himself ends up being a waste of time.

I admit I don't know much about PSP's history, but I do think he should at least be listened to regarding Mitchell as he was around during that era of TG. Considering that TG's countersuit includes allegations he brought up, I really wouldn't want him to be lying. I hope you at least feel the same. If we can agree on this point, I'll be happy enough to end this discussion here.
    its possible I misread you and please correct me if so I’m not trying to twist words but if I read you right I think we may finally be getting to the heart of why you had a certain issue with some things I said

I liked your plea to team billy to put feelings aside and look at facts so I was surprised your most important point to ninglendo that would let you get past all other points is just him wanting psp to be not lying

look I want billy to lose let’s be clear on that but I want him to lose for the right reason

due to all the truths that hurt billy and Todd it seems peiple are willing to believing lies , inconclusive statements which might be true, and anything else that hurts them too

that’s a problem. There’s plenty of facts to take them down eith. If our issue eith them is we care about truth that alone is reason to put aside wanting to have more evidence and instead look for truth

it’s more than that though. False info about a video game to add to the mountain of evidence against Todd doesn’t hurt him more than he’s already screwed but that false info if believes cam have consequences down the line including making other players look guilty when innocent and innocent then guilty

I will absolutely “defend” Todd or billy when a false piece of evidence is thrown at them and I’ll raise questions on questionable pieces

irs entirely possible to believe theyre guilty without believing every single claim against them

I know billy majes everything harder with court. That bs majes it so important for him to lose I get why noome wants any “defense” of him but honestly false into against him can only help him and hurt others. In court he’ll raise any issue we can. Any of us “defending” a point on him can only harm as it gives a chance to fix the claims

and yes I’m being vague on my points. I merely find psps statement inconclusive but of course I can’t be sure it’s false. Other statements which I’m willing to remain vague on I absolutely believe are probably false and as much as I want billy to lose I feel it’s important to care about the truth there as well

again maybe you meant something else and my apologies for misinterpreting but if I did read you right perhaps my response here clarifies earlier points I made
  10. 01-10-2022, 05:41 AM

I find it fascinating that there's so much chatter about me here even 11 years after I resigned from the staff after a whopping 2.5 years on it.

Glen has seemingly spent an unhealthy amount of time over the years finding whatever he can take out of context to spin negative claims about me from afar, all while constantly avoiding my decade of invitations for him to simply reach out and talk to me like a grown up about whatever axes he believes he has to grind.

As a result, I've seen him claim a lot of things about me yet not one thing I've ever seen him say is accurate or correct. Like his claims that "I destroyed Rudy's Home Alone submission" when it was Ryan Bland's Nightmare on Elm Street submission, which I had copied and sent into TG the next day.

I'd love to know how he claims my "NDA story was bogus" because it wasn't. I won't be checking back here to see why he says so, but my invite to email me and have a grown up chat still stands. It was the truth. I signed an NDA when I joined TG in October 2008 and it was in effect until the day Bouvier no longer owned it. He constantly used it to keep my mouth shut when I saw things I didn't care for going on.

Yep, I openly supported Mitchell once upon a time. I have never said otherwise. I bought into his story just like almost everyone else here did. He did this thing where he sent hot sauce to a friend's video game themed birthday party to make me believe he's a nice guy, all so he could ask favors later because that's what he does.

I eventually started to see holes in his story via research. I did call it out when he did what he did to Liz Bollinger at the IVGHOF. Glen should remember that... but before that, I quit TG over the Big Bang Billy BS and the fact Pete used the NDA threat to make me play ball, just to short me on a ton of pay he'd promised for working the event.

You can choose not to believe that, Glen, but it's fact. I don't know if you make things up or what your problem is or if you are gullible enough to believe whatever others with an agenda send to you not unlike another guy that is no longer around. But again, my email is public.

Yep... I started to call out The Big BM once I started seeing he was everything Dwayne tried in vain at one point to tell me he was. I was knocked by a lot of you here for doing that, as you all supported him at the time just as I had at one point. Now all of you who talk of him in the same way have reversed course, knocking me for originally supporting him rather than knocking me for speaking a negative opinion on him. Whatever fits your agenda.

Again... it amazes me how often I learn of my name being brought up here by people who are strangers to me... who don't know me personally or professionally... all while spouting off things that have zero basis in truth... and even claiming "we know this wasn't true" without presenting anything other than opinion about it.

My advice is either 1). Cease bringing me up or 2). Talk me to me directly like grown ups with an issue do. Clearly there's some deep cut issues by Glen and others that keep them talking with zero attempt to actually learn fact. It's a pandemic in and of itself, really.

Reply away... consider this my annual drop by the forum, only because I was told I was brought up here again. I'm always happy to answer any questions sent to me and there are at least 3-4 people here who actually DO that. But a ton of people who don't.

I can only take a continued refusal to do so as a sign of someone wishing to paint or hold on to a narrative they choose to cling to for whatever deep personal reasons that only they understand.

Ya'll have a nice year.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
    Thanks datagod, francoisadt thanked this post
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1068
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Join us