Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 08-31-2020, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I have a question regarding Mitchells claim that he only submits LIVE scores. And not video taped scores.

My question is, in the below linked video Mitchells self confessed best friend and self confessed DK cheat Steve Sanders seems to say that

Mitchell "regrets" submitting a video taped score? Am I interpreting what he said correctly? Just asking.

4:01 in this video.........................................

john
    Thanks for this, John. Yes, I agree with your interpretation, and of course that interpretation was widely accepted as fact among all the principals until the first Billy Mitchell Evidence Package where Mitchell then claimed that he never submits video tapes, therefore the 1.047 million score wasn't supposed to be on the scoreboard. But yes, as Streetwize points out, between the Evidence Package and the more recent court submission, Mitchell's views have evolved and apparently come around to the original "video taped submission" stance as espoused by Sanders. That said, there are vestiges of the Evidence Package thesis that Mitchell never submits videotaped scores that remain sprinkled among a few of the witness statements, so posting this is a valuable reference. I also enjoyed hearing about Sanders views of the "TG mentality" around score submissions and the differential treatment extended to Wiebe compared to Mitchell in reference to a "double standard" around verification.
    Last edited by The Evener; 08-31-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Streetwize, JJT_Defender liked this post
Join us