Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 09-14-2020, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ProveAll View Post
    Rick Fothergill DID achieve his perfect Pac-Man at Funspot on 07-31-1999.

Walter posted the wrong location for Rick, but correctly notes the type of submission.
    I've been very curious about the circumstances of the Gentleman's agreement that was struck where (as I understand) according to its terms Fothergill and Mitchell would forgo competing separately on the title over the intervening months (perhaps practicing but nothing would be official) and then return to Funspot in 2000 to resume a live, head-to-head contest to see who could achieve the Perfect Pac first (I presume that others could in principle jump in at the next tournament, like Ayra). Presumably, resuming it at next year's tournament would provide an easy way for the feat to be adjudicated, and TG could "hype" the tournament with news of a Perfect Pac battle.

I couldn't locate any specific detailed account of the agreement on-line either in an interview or forum post. In conversations with Rick, have you learned the nitty-gritty details of the arrangement? - who proposed the agreement, when was it was proposed, who was privy to it (eg. just the players or was there a quasi "closing speech" by Walter where he mentioned that the battle for the Perfect Pac would resume next year), the obligations that Fothergill and Mitchell were bound to follow by submitting to the agreement, etc.
    Last edited by The Evener; 09-14-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 09-14-2020, 10:08 PM
    Synergy Magazine Volume 2: No.5 from 2009. Another "view" of what happened ...

Name:  KoK_Synergy_1.png
Views: 661
Size:  411.5 KB
    Name:  KoK_Synergy_2.png
Views: 657
Size:  302.3 KB

Arcade Have a Go - at Twin Galaxies - on now!

https://www.twingalaxies.com/ooo
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 09-17-2020, 11:56 AM
    The Casey Ross audio clips were shared publicly on Streamable and linked to on page 51 in Twin Galaxies' Post Verdict Dispute Discussion thread by the user Maris Memes. It is post # 508.
    (https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...=1#post1091003)
    This occurred on August 26, 2020 at 2:41PM

I captured the publicly accessible audio on August 28, 2020 and then posted the Streamable link to Facebook. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the link was no longer active so I uploaded the audio to Youtube. Miss Ross tried to have it removed by submitting a privacy complaint, but Youtube came back and said the video did NOT violate its policies. About a week and a half later, Youtube removed the video but offered no justification for doing so, except to say that one or more legal complaints had been filed against it.

I then uploaded the video to Bitchute, where you can listen to it here:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/GOa44...joah4y0nkzdGDc

The following is a transcript of those audio clips.

“There’s just certain things I can’t talk about because I am, I mean I’m, I’m very close with Billy, so he’ll tell me things cause he just needs to talk to somebody about it, and then like his son and I have gotten pretty close as well so, like I know things from Junior as far as like the legal proceedings, and this one was like, it was kind of so big they both like, called me excited – like we’ve got it, we’ve done it, like we’re OK! Um, and I think, if it, I mean if it doesn’t change people’s minds about Jace, I’m fuckin’ out, because like, the guy is a prick.” (0:00 - 0:33)

“Twin Galaxies has no assets, they’re eight million dollars in debt over his Echo Fox debacle, so yeah, know he’s, he’s got no personal assets; that’s why he is so attached to having to win this, and he keeps saying like, oh, this is going to ruin Billy Mitchell, this is going to ruin Billy Mitchell, eventually he’ll run out of money for lawsuits. But, a key element that no one knows - DO NOT repeat this anywhere, to anyone that would ever post on Twin Galaxies - I need Twin Galaxies people to think that Billy Mitchell is spending money. But, Billy Mitchell’s lawyer has taken all of these lawsuits on Pro Bono for simply a percentage of his settlement earnings, because that is how confident the lawyer is that Billy will win this case, and so Billy can do as many goddamn lawsuits as he wants to, because Billy Mitchell hasn’t spent a cent yet, and Jace has spent everything that he has, and now he’s in debt, and like, Twin Galaxies is literally currently in debt. He has no money. That’s why he had to go with a divorce lawyer that shares an office space with him, and Billy has like an entertainment law firm of over a hundred lawyers. Like, it is NOT an even match. It’s um, uh, I was trying to think of a video game allegory. It is, um, it is Goku versus Krillin. That’s a, anime allegory, but still, ya know, it’s, it’s um, it’s not a fair fight right now.” (0:37-2:00)

“He told somebody in confidence on his side that his plan is to simply financially exhaust Billy, like he’s, like eventually Billy will not be able to file lawsuits, right. He doesn’t know that Billy isn’t spending money, so his plan to financially exhaust Billy – not a very good plan.” (2:02-2:19)
  4. 09-17-2020, 11:58 PM
    From the book Halos and Avatars: Playing video games with God, by Craig Detweiler, 2010. Another "view" of what happened. The last question from 10 years ago is also very interesting.

Name:  Halos and Avatars - Playing video games with God by Craig  Detweiler 2010.png
Views: 554
Size:  818.6 KB

Arcade Have a Go - at Twin Galaxies - on now!

https://www.twingalaxies.com/ooo
    Likes ersatz_cats, The Evener liked this post
  5. 09-21-2020, 10:52 PM
    I'm going to comment on MAME once again. Tipster made a remark in the YT comments about the proof of using MAME according to "the results of TG's investigation". He was muddying the waters by trying to suggest that there's no proof it was MAME. I'm not actually sure what he meant by that quote, but regardless I'm going to clear things up to the best of my ability.
    TG said to prove it wasn't MAME they'd have to rule out other emulators (and that they'd need to test video editing software, but that's irrelevant for my point). Many people have (re)stated that there are other emulators out there, and few also suggest that MAME is an umbrella term for these emulators. I can assure you that there is only one MAME, but what if I told you that only MAME can play Donkey Kong? From what I can find, there is no alternative for Donkey Kong. I know plenty of other arcade emulators, but they only cover certain systems: Kawaks, Raine, FinalBurn, Nebula, Model 2, Demul, Daphne, and more. The last three are used because MAME doesn't support what they emulate. Furthermore, nobody around me ever called these MAME.
    I highly encourage you to do your own research and try verifying this, because the idea that these emulators are what the general public also calls MAME I think is wholly misleading, and if other software exists that runs Donkey Kong I will verify it myself. I won't deny it if I happen to be wrong. I'd throw in money too but I kinda need it right now even though I'm confident nothing exists.
    If you want to know what I really think, BM most likely knows there's only MAME. If such alternatives existed he could easily throw them around to distract people from what has been clear from the start. "I had never played it on MAME, Emulator 2, Emulator 3, etc."

Also, random mention: ersatz, when you said not to look up someone in your evidence post on DKF, I was scared I'd find some creepy stuff, but turns out you were just trying to play reverse psychology. It certainly adds some clarity to Mr. Race's statement.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 09-22-2020 at 06:05 AM.
    Likes ersatz_cats, The Evener, grinder2112 liked this post
  6. 09-23-2020, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ProveAll View Post
    Rick Fothergill DID achieve his perfect Pac-Man at Funspot on 07-31-1999

Walter posted the wrong location for Rick, but correctly notes the type of submission.
    In references to Mitchell's Pac-Man achievement, like you I've read interviews with Mitchell in 1999 which state that Fothergill visited Funspot on July 1, 1999 when Mitchell travelled to Funspot to achieve his Perfect game. When I read the first account, I was inclined to chalk it up to a journalist who took poor notes or didn't cross reference properly, but I've now identified three separate publications that featured interviews written by three different journalists where Fothergill visited Funspot at the same time as Mitchell. Anyone reading these articles in the future will plainly think that Fothergill was there on July 1 at some sort of head-to-head competition. I presume it's safe to assume that Fothergill was not there on July 1.

WIRED, 8 July 1999

"In May 1999, one of the Canadians, Rick Fothergill, came within 90 points of the perfect score while playing at the Funspot arcade, described then as the world's second-largest arcade, with about 500 games.

The foursome set a Fourth-of-July-weekend rendezvous for their head-to-head competition. Mitchell said he came very close to setting the record on July 1 – which coincidentally is Canada Day – but a kid pulled the plug about four hours into the game.

"I was noticeably upset," said the soft-spoken Mitchell.

Wearing a red-white-and-blue necktie to celebrate the holiday, Mitchell said he didn't eat for two days of the competition."

https://www.wired.com/1999/07/gobbli...ac-man-record/

Tampa Bay Times, 13 August 1999 (paywall)

“In the past few months, Mitchell and a handful of others were closing in on Pac-Man perfection. At a tournament in May, Rick Fothergill of Hamilton, Ontario, fell just 90 points short of a perfect score.

When Mitchell found out that Fothergill and some compatriots were going for it again, at the official Pac-Man competition in New Hampshire, he packed his Star-Spangled Banner tie and flew north to fight for America.

“It’s a friendly rivalry,” Mitchell said by phone. “But I was thinking ‘You’re Canadian. You can’t have the title.’”

He arrived in New Hampshire on July 1 - Canada Day.”

Broward Palm Beach New Times, 23 August 2003

"Mitchell was indeed under pressure. In May 1999, Fothergill came 90 points shy of a perfect game -- the closest anyone had come to the record. So on July 1, 1999, Mitchell walked through the doors of Funspot wearing his American-flag tie to emphasize the U.S.-Canadian Pac-Man rivalry. Fothergill, in turn, wore a Canadian flag draped over his back like a cape and dubbed himself "Captain Canada."

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/new...e-king-6320646
    Last edited by The Evener; 09-23-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, grinder2112 liked this post
  7. 09-24-2020, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    I can assure you that there is only one MAME, but what if I told you that only MAME can play Donkey Kong? From what I can find, there is no alternative for Donkey Kong. I know plenty of other arcade emulators, but they only cover certain systems: Kawaks, Raine, FinalBurn, Nebula, Model 2, Demul, Daphne, and more. The last three are used because MAME doesn't support what they emulate. Furthermore, nobody around me ever called these MAME.

I would probably go a bit further and speculate that *any* emulator out there that attempts to run arcade ROMs from the early 1980s can be argued to be a descendant of MAME. The source code for that project has been freely available since its inception in the late 1990s, and anyone attempting to make an emulator would be a fool not to start with what that project had already discovered.

My view of the market is pretty narrow, though, so I'll happily be corrected if someone has a good counter-example. Was anyone writing a Donkey Kong emulator before Nicola Salmoria in Feb 1997?
    Likes ersatz_cats, Streetwize liked this post
  8. 09-29-2020, 12:13 PM
    Name:  120189282_3225114144208996_797541356301359087_n.png
Views: 322
Size:  815.6 KBSo many lies. So Little Time.Name:  20200929_122810.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  695.7 KB
    Last edited by maximumsteve; 09-29-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Thanks The Evener, Foot0fGod, ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes Barra, ersatz_cats, Streetwize liked this post
  9. 10-03-2020, 04:10 AM
    More Hardcore evidence against Bill Mitchell's and Robert Child's recent declarations submitted to the court in which Mitchell declares that we were NOT friends, and Robert Childs new declaration implies that I was friends with Carlos Pineiro, but not him.
    https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/mus...-video-6414322

In this article, it is stated..."After passing out a few bottles to "VIP"s, he exchanged jabs with the owner of the spot, Tempest superstar Robert Childs, and the night's promoter Steve Kleisath, drummer of many bands including Further Seems Forever and the number two highest scorer of Mario Bros. and Ms. Pac-Man Turbo (he's still working on reaching that number one slot).Old friends, they were all game (if you will) to introduce this new arcade experience to the world in a video with New Times. Mitchell assured us that he doesn't often do interviews, but for his two friends and the future success of this legit cool, interactive, and inexpensive ($12 all you can play) night, he made an exception. We spoke with the three about prepping the space possibly for a Twin Galaxies gathering,"
    These two men are two of the biggest pathological, compulsive, and habitual liars I have ever come across in my life. Any believers in Mitchell need to have their heads examined.
    If you want to like him, KNOWING he is a liar, but you just don't care because you liked the film he was in, that's fine and that's your prerogative, but if you actually think and believe that this man is a man of honesty and integrity after all of the overwhelming, concrete evidence that is available publically at this point, I will laugh you off the planet. Enough of the bullshit already. October 15th hopefully will be the beginning of an ongoing benchmark of exposing the lies and justice being served.
    His own son, Billy Mitchell Jr. acknowledges how we were friends for 8 years in this Pic of a FB Message I got from him over a year ago.
    Also to my friends at the Donkey Kong Forum. He states what he thinks about you guys too....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by maximumsteve; 10-03-2020 at 05:10 AM.
    Thanks grinder2112, Streetwize thanked this post
    Likes lexmark, The Evener, Foot0fGod, Snowflake liked this post
  10. 10-03-2020, 08:20 AM
    Thanks for posting this, Steve. I can imagine your frustration in having to substantiate your history with Mitchell and Childs in this way, but these contributions are important for the record.
    Thanks maximumsteve thanked this post
    Likes maximumsteve, grinder2112 liked this post
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Join us