Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

This poll is closed
  1. 06-16-2021, 12:37 PM
    That's what I want to think as well, but both have logical points. I can find resources that state that it is possible for a cross-complaint to get dismissed from an anti-SLAPP motion succeeding and resources saying you can still proceed with the other complaint. As Karl has said in a later tweet, do your own research even if you think the person telling you such is trustable. It's why I'm trying to get in touch with someone in the area who is qualified.
  2. 08-26-2021, 09:42 AM
    Say goodbye to the $10M case. The man is at it lying again. and I felt what the judge had to deal with. Karl had a few points wrong, but he corrected those in a pinned comment. Anyway...
    Last edited by Streetwize; 08-26-2021 at 05:30 PM.
  3. 08-26-2021, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwize View Post
    Say goodbye to the $10M case. The man is at it lying again.
    Sorry for dumb question, but what EXACTLY didn't mitchell present in time that he had to?

Also. Does that mean he loses the 80K deposit, or is that something different?

john

Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 08-26-2021, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Sorry for dumb question, but what EXACTLY didn't mitchell present in time that he had to?

Also. Does that mean he loses the 80K deposit, or is that something different?

john

Mitchell filed two separate lawsuits against TG. One in California (the one we've been following and involves the 80k deposit via motion for undertaking), and one in his home state of Florida (the one discussed in the video). The latter one was for a much larger sum of money, but was not acted on as he was currently focused on the former.
    As for what he didn't present, he needed to show good cause for the suit to go on despite nothing actually being done. He was given two months' notice, procrastinated, and, for some reason, thought he could try smooth-talking his way to get the judge to work with him anyway despite not heeding what he was told. As their discussion was after the deadline, it was pointless and the judge was forced to dismiss it. The statute of limitations for defamation being two years gives a good chance that he cannot refile the lawsuit.

Edit: For clarity, he needed to present good cause within 5 days of the hearing.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 09-04-2021 at 08:59 PM.
    Thanks lexmark, JJT_Defender, Rev John thanked this post
    Likes lexmark, datagod, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 08-30-2021, 03:08 PM
    Yep, and you can just seen the burnt look on his face with how he won't be able to 'double his chances' using two different lawsuits in different states (3rd if you count the recently dismissed Todd Rogers lawsuit in Florida as well, which Mitchell was no doubt banking on it being a distraction for Jace). Should be illegal to do that anyway. No person or entity should be legally sued in two different states for the same accusations at the same time (or ever).
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 09-04-2021, 01:02 PM
    Not a lawyer, but that is a good point. I really have a feeling the lawyers he talks to are just telling him what he wants to hear (something I'm more than certain he loves for better or for worse). It makes me curious if that can be used as legal ammunition against him? After all, that video about him lying to another court about the status of Twin Galaxies could easily ruin his credibility.

As for Togers, this is interesting... His lawyer withdrew from the case after the dismissal, but Todd himself filed an appeal afterwards on the 26th of August. While the appeal doc isn't public, it had some sort of success as the case was reopened. That fight isn't over just yet. Right now though it appears he's representing himself.

I'm currently busy with handling Hurricane Ida, but I do plan on documenting the defense's response concerning Race and Mitchell. It is amazing. The gist of it is that Mitchell wants to probe Race for big and small things, including calling records, plane tickets, telephone bills, and many other matters that somewhat invade privacy in order to prove matters irrelevant to the case, including when they first met. And yes: Race objected to it and straightened the story. The real bomb though... The defense managed to turn the law in question against Mitchell by pointing out one simple fact that even the plaintiff has acknowledged in their initial filing. The other main argument is that the court doesn't have enough jurisdiction to sue him in Florida as his connections to the state are limited.
    There are many other false accusations that didn't appear in the original doc but were objected to, but I'll get into those when I can. It's just Billy being the hillbilly he is.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 09-04-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Thanks Rev John, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 09-07-2021, 03:28 PM
    Not a lawyer, but that is a good point. I really have a feeling the lawyers he talks to are just telling him what he wants to hear (something I'm more than certain he loves for better or for worse). It makes me curious if that can be used as legal ammunition against him? After all, that video about him lying to another court about the status of Twin Galaxies could easily ruin his credibility.

As for Togers, this is interesting... His lawyer withdrew from the case after the dismissal, but Todd himself filed an appeal afterwards on the 26th of August. While the appeal doc isn't public, it had some sort of success as the case was reopened. That fight isn't over just yet. Right now though it appears he's representing himself.
    Togers' lawyer effectively recused himself, so the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning this is why Todd was able to file again on his own. Six bucks says his own lawyer realized the case was a loser and bailed on Togers.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Rev John liked this post
  8. 09-07-2021, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Togers' lawyer effectively recused himself, so the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning this is why Todd was able to file again on his own. Six bucks says his own lawyer realized the case was a loser and bailed on Togers.
    I wouldn't be that optimistic if I were you. Again, the lawyer bailed after the case was dismissed. Your ordering of events is incorrect as it was done so due to Guinness themselves filing a motion to dismiss. I think it's safe to assume the reason lawyer leaving had something to do with how to continue the lawsuit seeing that shortly after it was reopened. As it turns out though, Todd is starting to fight back now.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 792
Size:  65.6 KB
  9. 09-07-2021, 09:20 PM
    I wouldn't be that optimistic if I were you. Again, the lawyer bailed after the case was dismissed.
    According to the two-page document, Togers' lawyer voluntarily asked for the dismissal without prejudice. That means he already intended to bail.
  10. 09-07-2021, 10:04 PM
    Incorrect again. The court said Todd had 10 days from Guinness making the motion to dismiss the case to address it or their motion would be granted by default, and his attorney filed a motion to dismiss on the 10th day at Todd's behest. Interestingly, it was closed before the voluntary motion to dismiss was filed into the court record. I really don't think he planned on bailing, but left after Togers insisted on trying even though this case was a lost cause, seeing that it took 11 days before the withdrawal was submitted. As much as I want to see this case thrown out myself, I'm not going to get too ahead of myself.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 09-08-2021 at 06:16 AM.
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
Join us