Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

  1. 08-04-2020, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Yet...Here you are.
    Amused as always!

    If only you could "sell" your BS above Billys', then MAYBE one day you can move on, and end your life long jealousy of him.
    @OriginalPSP is here to tell everyone that "Sroka stole my wife's idea for Settle it on the Screen." Only after he supported our show and actually came on the show. If he was really that butt hurt about it he wouldn't have anything to do with the show. A two face liar just like the characters featured in this score dispute. Another "Video Game personality" with a hypocritical view points to position himself in the spotlight at any cost.

    He is just jealous he never did this.
    Name:  3PkhEIe.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  2.6 KB
    Last edited by timmell; 08-04-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Likes Snowflake, Ninglendo, Marcade liked this post
  2. 08-04-2020, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    Another "Video Game personality" with a hypocritical view points to position himself in the spotlight at any cost.
    I've been going through old forum posts for the past hour and every single one I find from around the time of the Big Bang that has PSP mentioning Billy's score he always did so in a positive light. Now that the recent stuff has come out about Billy it is all of the sudden (paraphrasing here) "I always knew something was up, I never agreed with the decisions, etc etc" Yet when you go back all you see is support of the decisions that were made. Snowflake posted a link to an article he wrote a couple years back and the last line was "Question everything." Well I gotta question what would be the reason that someone drastically changes their story and claims? What would be the reason to flat out lie about Todd's duties at TG? I mean we can go back to old forum posts that have already been linked here and see nothing but support for Todd verifying the score. It's almost like his opinion changes based on public opinion.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  3. 08-04-2020, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    It's almost like his opinion changes based on public opinion.
    That's the "PSP" I remember.
  4. 08-04-2020, 04:09 PM
    weird i noticed marcade was banned right after his comment. although there was some negative opinions in it, they were fairly tame compared to the anti-billy feelings allowed. can we get an update on moderation rules? because patrick himself jace made a deal with him to stop any arguing, and so in that context it sure looks biased here. pretty strong insulting language against billy is allowed, but any sort of opinioin insult (i'm grateful for my factual complaints not getting a ban) in billys defense isnt?

    is there a double standard here or am i missing something?
    Lode Runner Champion
  5. 08-04-2020, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    weird i noticed marcade was banned right after his comment. although there was some negative opinions in it, they were fairly tame compared to the anti-billy feelings allowed. can we get an update on moderation rules? because patrick himself jace made a deal with him to stop any arguing, and so in that context it sure looks biased here. pretty strong insulting language against billy is allowed, but any sort of opinioin insult (i'm grateful for my factual complaints not getting a ban) in billys defense isnt?

    is there a double standard here or am i missing something?
    That's pretty disappointing. Considering, while blunt, what Marc said had some truth to it. We have had proof for years that PSP lied about getting a DK killscreen even going as far as cropping out the L=22 from Hank Chien's WR submission and claiming it as his own. Sroka even posted the pic in his comment while claiming the same thing Marc did. I guess that is what baffles me most about the recent happenings. Bringing in a person that has been caught in lie after lie over the years to come into the post verdict discussion thread where they provably lied again. I agree with Snowflake as well. We have seen far worse insults thrown at Billy on here with no action.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  6. 08-04-2020, 04:27 PM
    Okay, clearly there was no love lost when OriginalPSP left TG.

    His last forum post here was in 2014 just after the re-launch. Apparently he wasn't in a rush to come back.

    According to his initial post

    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP View Post
    I'm only back here as time allows because Jace asked me personally to come by and add in my input to the Mitchell stuff.
    I guess we can double-check with Jace to see if that's true.

    But is this the yardstick we're going to go with? "If you were pro-Mitchell in the past when part of TG staff, but critical of him today your word is mud." I can point to a few other high profile gamers who changed their view of Mitchell in a similar fashion.

    Of all the things I've read about Mitchell over the last two years, a phone call between Mitchell and OriginalPSP leading up to the Big Bang event would have been at the bottom of the controversy scale.

    I get that there's not a lot of goodwill towards OriginalPSP here. But as far as I can recall, he's the only ref from the Big Bang event that's weighed in directly here out of a photo that featured what, 5 or 6 refs? What he said about a pressure-filled decision process to accept Mitchell's scores was confirmed by David Nelson. Is it so outlandish that Mitchell could have called him to get some PR the Monday before the event, and then after several phone calls, Walter emailed OriginalPSP Tuesday morning to say that they were going to wait until the Big Bang? Mitchell specifically references this date in his own way during his Big Bang acceptance speech:

    "It [The high scores] were something we were going to announce last Monday or Tuesday, but somebody smarter than me said the best place to announce it would be here."

    From my vantage, it's less the information that's being shared here, but who's doing the sharing.

    As you were.

    Name:  MexicanStandoff-1200x675.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  124.8 KB
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, ersatz_cats liked this post
  7. 08-04-2020, 04:31 PM
    well as i'm the group complaing about psp's comment i cant be sure if you're talking to me or others, but to iterate again, yes people are allowed to change their mind. the problem is though, is when someone contradicts themselves how do we know which statement is true? so yes its absolutely relevant to find contradictions. wouldnt you agree in court if a witness flops testimonires, sure maybe he lied the first time and told the truth the second, but that truthful statement carries far less weight after the flip flop

    when all you have is someone's word their credibility is important to analyze. a flip flop -- which certainly respectable if flipping from false to true -- does still impact credibility

    also, when a person falselly claims they "have no reason to lie" as opposed to declaring their conflict of interest it makes the conflict all the more supsicous.
    Lode Runner Champion
  8. 08-04-2020, 04:37 PM
    There is a difference between changing of opinions and flat out changing facts and stories. We have already saw in old forum posts that Todd and Morningdove verifying Billy's submission was never an issue back then for PSP. Matter of fact he praised it and said it added to the credibility of the score. We saw in his official resignation from TG thread his reason for doing so was to pursue a journalist career NOT because of Billy, money, or how TG was being ran. He peacefully parted ways and said he would still stick around to write articles and keep tabs on the community. Now if writing an article about Billy's then WR was such an issue and one that would cause a person to resign why would you say in your resignation post that you would continue to write articles about TG and the player's accomplishments? Nothing that he is claiming now adds up to what was happening then. Nothing.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  9. 08-04-2020, 04:41 PM
    i'm remembering walters comment in the court papers. walter complained jace would accept all evidence agasint billy but none in his favor. i dismissed that, since the evidence in billys favor was human witnesses and the evidence against was video tapes. so of course words were dismissed but video accepted

    i find it really stunning though that now though, from people who have been saying "only scientific evidnece matters", people who dismissed all sorts of witnesses testimony as unreliable, now suddenly want to accept witness testimony that goes against billy. that in and of itself is disconcerting, it gets even more disconcerting when you look deeper at all the issues with this testmony
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Ninglendo liked this post
  10. 08-04-2020, 04:47 PM
    Is any of this relevant since there is already a trial taking place that will solve all of this? People can absolutely contradict themselves years later...I know I have and I would hope to think people become wiser as they get older. I know WE ALL used to think something was this/that way when we were younger and as we got older and smarter/wiser, we realize how stupid/immature/uninformed our thinking actually is back then. Maybe OriginalPSP was forced to agree and stay silent because it was just easier than dealing with the horseshit that follows? We've all been in that situation in our lives as well. Of course he could be completely seeking attention now. None of it matters. Billy sued, TG is fighting back. Let Billy waste his time and money.

    To much bad blood from the old TG carrying over now. Just leave it be. The score was proven false. Pick any God/Entity to do the adjudication on the evidence provided by Billy, they would have said it's MAME. Does any of this stuff really matter? Is it really worth your time? Two years now this score was removed and it's still being debated. Put this thread out of it's misery already to everyone can move on. The more Billy is mentioned, the longer this crap lingers.
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy, timhett liked this post
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 537
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Join us