Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 08-04-2020, 04:51 PM
    apparently it matters enough for jace to reach out to psp -- according to psp but jace "thanked" the post with no denial, and apparently it meant enough to ban marc over.

you're right as far as billy's score goes, irrelevant, none of this changes my belief on the invalidity of his score. I'm more concerned now with the process, and yes "the truth". billy score wasnt even 10th place as i recall, the score alone was never a big deal, wasnt it always about the great search for the truth. at least for me, thats why i care, i'd be inconsistent to claim i cared about the truth, but then sat silent when i saw false information being promoted. marc being banned over it also concerns me about tg policy on the matter and frankly in turn makes me wonder if there were in fact any biases against billy behind the scenes after all
    Lode Runner Champion
  2. 08-04-2020, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    weird i noticed marcade was banned right after his comment. although there was some negative opinions in it, they were fairly tame compared to the anti-billy feelings allowed. can we get an update on moderation rules? because patrick himself jace made a deal with him to stop any arguing, and so in that context it sure looks biased here. pretty strong insulting language against billy is allowed, but any sort of opinioin insult (i'm grateful for my factual complaints not getting a ban) in billys defense isnt?

is there a double standard here or am i missing something?
    It's not about things being 'tame' any more. It's about issuing jabs in an official dispute thread.

As mentioned previously, unfortunately things need to be tighten up around here. What happened in past comments is the past, and we are learning from our mistakes of letting too much slide. Moving forward we want to foster a constructive community. I say constructive because we recognize that not everything is going to be positive and there will be arguments/disagreements, but those can happen without flinging insults back and forth - Especially NOT in official dispute and adjudication threads.
    Thanks thegamer1185, ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  3. 08-04-2020, 05:08 PM
    I didn't think Marc said anything wrong at all, however there is a trial between TG and Billy. Maybe TG just doesn't want anything said negatively about Billy going unchecked right now because it could be used against them in the trial as being biased against Billy? Just guessing.

Previous TG was just a mess, with many ways to link everyone to everyone some how if you really wanted too. It should just be left alone. The only people I've seen banned in the last year or so poor behavior have been Kernzy, Marc, DataGod, and Desidious (I think he was, maybe not). It usually gets pretty damn bad before TG finally stops it. Maybe they are just trying to get ahead this time. I'm no to worried about that. @Sincerely Franny, why was Marc banned?
    Last edited by thegamer1185; 08-04-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
  4. 08-04-2020, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    It's not about things being 'tame' any more. It's about issuing jabs in an official dispute thread.

As mentioned previously, unfortunately things need to be tighten up around here. What happened in past comments is the past, and we are learning from our mistakes of letting too much slide. Moving forward we want to foster a constructive community. I say constructive because we recognize that not everything is going to be positive and there will be arguments/disagreements, but those can happen without flinging insults back and forth - Especially NOT in official dispute and adjudication threads.
    ah thank you thats fair. so the inconsitency isnt between pro and anti billy, its about things changing for everyone. so anti billy thing similiar insulting would also be removed?

also, this forum post is now considered an official dispute? are you aware we can still edit comments since its still in the forum section. I dont think marc was aware this was being treated as a dispute, i think most of us assumed it wasa the post verdict discussion. apologies for misunderstanding that the post verdicat discussion is also classified as official dispute i honestly didnt know
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  5. 08-04-2020, 05:15 PM
    also, this forum post is now considered an official dispute? are you aware we can still edit comments since its still in the forum section. I dont think marc was aware this was being treated as a dispute, i think most of us assumed it wasa the post verdict discussion. apologies for misunderstanding that the post verdicat discussion is also classified as official dispute i honestly didnt know
    Hard to argue with this.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  6. 08-04-2020, 05:19 PM
    Hilarious that now this is considered an official dispute thread even though it is titled "Post Verdict Dispute Discussion". Post as in after the dispute.
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  7. 08-04-2020, 05:24 PM
    ah thank you thats fair. so the inconsitency isnt between pro and anti billy, its about things changing for everyone. so anti billy thing similiar insulting would also be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Hard to argue with this.
    Insults and ill remarks about anyone will be treated the same sitewide. I wanted to emphasize dispute and adjudication threads since you asked for general clarity. Inappropriate conduct in those areas may face more serious consequences.

As for this thread, while it is not the official dispute thread it is a ancillary directly associated post discussion that warrants greater moderation.

I should also mention, there is no deal between Jace and PSP. TG simply recommended that he put his story into the thread so that it can be preserved as he would like to state it.
    Thanks ersatz_cats thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, timhett liked this post
  8. 08-04-2020, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    Insults and ill remarks about anyone will be treated the same sitewide. I wanted to emphasize dispute and adjudication threads since you asked for general clarity. Inappropriate conduct in those areas may face more serious consequences.

As for this thread, while it is not the official dispute thread it is a ancillary directly associated post discussion that warrants greater moderation.

I should also mention, there is no deal between Jace and PSP. TG simply recommended that he put his story into the thread so that it can be preserved as he would like to state it.
    thank you. I have every reason to believe you since i've been allowed to express my skepticism of patricks testimony as have some others. however are you aware patrick did talk about holding jace to his "word" (implying jace agreed to something). If jace gave no such word then we have a very recent example as to why I have trouble taking Patrick's word on faith alone Name:  image.png
Views: 143
Size:  121.9 KB
    Lode Runner Champion
  9. 08-04-2020, 06:01 PM
    thank you. I have every reason to believe you since i've been allowed to express my skepticism of patricks testimony as have some others. however are you aware patrick did talk about holding jace to his "word" (implying jace agreed to something). If jace gave no such word then we have a very recent example as to why I have trouble taking Patrick's word on faith alone Name:  image.png
Views: 143
Size:  121.9 KB
    The only thing that Jace told PSP was that moderation at Twin Galaxies has increased significantly and the past TG situations can not take place anymore. Him or any other members being harassed is not something that will be tolerated.

The same sentiment goes out to everyone here. It's just that he had not been to Twin Galaxies to post for a long time so he may not have known that moderation had been greatly increased.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  10. 08-04-2020, 06:04 PM
    Just want to quick point out some posts that came from this very thread. Both of these posts there was no action taken when it came to banning people. No warning. No nothing.

Name:  packet16.PNG
Views: 161
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  packet17.PNG
Views: 175
Size:  32.5 KB

Name calling and vulgar name calling was perfectly acceptable. Say that someone is jealous of someone else and that isn't acceptable.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Join us