Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

1. 11-25-2020, 06:11 PM
    The following Top Ten fictional quotes come to mind...

No. 10 - "It was always my plan to pull it off on the 40th attempt to honour the 40th anniversary...the rest of the attempts were 'warm ups' !!"
    No. 9 - "How long can Thanksgiving left-overs last in the fridge ? Just asking"
    No. 8 - "There is nothing left for me to prove on this game...once I do this"
    No. 7 - "This 'Pacman' is haunted...just like the one at Funspot !!"
    No. 6 - "What do you mean no free meals ? Think of how much business my being here is generating ?"
    No. 5 - "I hope I remembered to extend my hotel stay !!"
    No. 4 - "Good thing I packed an extra blow dryer and containers of shampoo and conditioner !!"
    No. 3 - "I now have the record for most consecutive attempts playing 'Pacman' over 8 days !!"
    No. 2 - "Double cool...I broke my own record for most attempts over 7 days !!"

and...

No. 1. - imagining a MEME of Billy shouting "DWAYNE !!" a-la Shatner shouting "Khan" from "Star Trek II"
  2. 11-25-2020, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I'm imagining the old Price is Right failure music at the end of that video.
    Likes Cliff Clavin, ersatz_cats liked this post
  3. 11-26-2020, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - just to illustrate a point, not making a religious statement, but if God created everything in 7 days, one would imagine that someone who DID a "perfect Pacman" before (several times, he says) can at least do it one more time whilst getting 6 extra dots and one extra fruit in the process.
    I'm not one to talk down someone just because one aspect seems to be false, but after seeing how history is repeating, I have some doubt myself now. Yes, his scores on DK were fraudulent and his performance at tournaments was nowhere near decent. People were quick to say he faked his Pac-Man score too. The issue I have is that at the time there was nothing to even remotely back such a claim. Hell, I had to talk to someone trying to claim that BM faked his record in the 80s in the same manner as Todd. This "Billy is a cheater" stuff gets ridiculous at times and I'm not here to defend him the same way as his supporters; I only stand for the truth.

I never had a reason not to take your word about his PPM record. You said the tapes did in fact exist at one point and saw part of it for yourself. Given the undisputed, longstanding leadership and the sterling reputation you hold across the entire site, you've shown that you have no reason to act maliciously (sorry, I had to take a jab at such a hilarious exaggeration of Guinness). I gave him the benefit of the doubt seeing how he centers himself around Pac-Man. I knew he violated the gentlemen's agreement and had his time misreported among other questionable things surrounding Pac-Man, but this blowup is certainly not doing much to convince me of his skill. I'm more than willing to accept that he's rusty even if he isn't. I seriously hope he has not blinded himself into thinking that he should be a natural. Assuming he hasn't played this game in some years, of course he'll run into issues.
    Last edited by Streetwize; 11-26-2020 at 07:50 PM.
  4. 11-26-2020, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by francoisadt View Post
    A big IF..., after some representation of Billy 's case, Billy realize that his lawyer is the one to be blame.. what then?

As the rhetroric goes: "Billy always got a plan.." ..then ...probably Billy will get another lawyer and start the case again?
    Once a lawsuit is settled it's usually not so easy to get a retrial. I don't have too much lawyer knowledge on this, but I do not believe a bad lawyer is a legitimate excuse unless they were held in contempt of court. With an appeal though, I do know that you can't present new information. The appellate court can only review what was submitted in the trial, and needs to be convinced that a legal error was made during the trial that influenced the outcome. Maybe they accidentally confused the jury (like in the trial I had to serve), or they could have allowed illegal evidence without realizing it. It needs to be serious though; nitpicking won't get him anywhere.
  5. 11-26-2020, 09:06 PM
    So was 9th day the charm, or are things headed into extra innings ?
  6. 11-26-2020, 09:21 PM
    So was 9th day the charm, or are things headed into extra innings ?
    lol nope still going

bro just cant do it in a live environment when he dont own the refs lol. walter cant save him now.
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. 11-26-2020, 10:41 PM
    Well maybe next time he won't hype the bejesus out of his next "feat" that has "never been done before".

He should consider himself lucky that he was no so arrogant that he made some promise he cannot keep like...

-> "If I don't do this within x-number of attempts I will cut off my mullet"
    -> "If I don't do this within x-number of attempts I will move to Canada"
    -> "I won't eat or drink until I pull this off"

Makes me wonder if "Mr Benji" from NAMCO is still there ?

As for the cost of Billy's "feat"...consider this for a moment...

-> Airfare (R/T) and to/from cabfares - let's assume $400-500
    -> Hotel (10 days/nights and counting) - let's assume $150-200/night so $1500-2000 thus far at minimum
    -> Food and beverage (10 days/nights and counting) - let's assume $15-50/day so $150-500 thus far at minimum
    -> I seriously doubt he pre-planned packing for 10 days of clothes changes so tack on nominal hotel laundry fees

That's a pretty penny in terms of cash outlay...but if somehow NAMCO was convinced to pay for this then I am so sure they are not happy about this right about now...though I doubt we would ever find out about that anyway. No matter...that's a good $2000+ at this point at minimum, all to score an extra +5060 at "Pacman".

Since Billy is so adept at using points to ponder for his interviews (remember the one about Eddie Rickenbacker from KoK ?) here's one for Billy to ponder as he starts playing tomorrow morning...

Ernest Hemingway once said..."There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

8. 11-26-2020, 10:47 PM
    Well maybe next time he won't hype the bejesus out of his next "feat" that has "never been done before".

He should consider himself lucky that he was no so arrogant that he made some promise he cannot keep like...

-> "If I don't do this within x-number of attempts I will cut off my mullet"
    -> "If I don't do this within x-number of attempts I will move to Canada"
    -> "I won't eat or drink until I pull this off"

Makes me wonder if "Mr Benji" from NAMCO is still there ?

As for the cost of Billy's "feat"...consider this for a moment...

-> Airfare (R/T) and to/from cabfares - let's assume $400-500
    -> Hotel (10 days/nights and counting) - let's assume $150-200/night so $1500-2000 thus far at minimum
    -> Food and beverage (10 days/nights and counting) - let's assume $15-50/day so $150-500 thus far at minimum
    -> I seriously doubt he pre-planned packing for 10 days of clothes changes so tack on nominal hotel laundry fees

That's a pretty penny in terms of cash outlay...but if somehow NAMCO was convinced to pay for this then I am so sure they are not happy about this right about now...though I doubt we would ever find out about that anyway. No matter...that's a good $2000+ at this point at minimum, all to score an extra +5060 at "Pacman".

Since Billy is so adept at using points to ponder for his interviews (remember the one about Eddie Rickenbacker from KoK ?) here's one for Billy to ponder as he starts playing tomorrow morning...

Ernest Hemingway once said..."There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

bro bro yoiu're overthinking all this. the point is he lost lol 9 days straight and the moron still cant get it. kudos to doc mac for runing a legitimate enterprise, and billly mitchel, even with all his bad plans can NOT succeed in a legitamate interprise. this is SOOO AWESOME. Just watch him and mock the lonely loser with the rest of us lol
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks lexmark thanked this post
    Likes lexmark liked this post
  9. 11-27-2020, 02:12 AM

“To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.” ― Sun Tzu
    Likes RTM liked this post
  10. 11-27-2020, 02:29 AM
    Hypothetically, suppose on "Day Ten" he pulls it off...
    -> Did NOT do it on "NAMCO Day"
    -> Another gamer did it first
    -> Let's face it, he did not cure cancer or do anything "heroic"
    -> It took ten (10) days of trying before he got it right

Makes you wonder what earth shattering words he pre-prepared to boast about this "never before done feat", because as we all know only too painfully well, he always has a plan.

Personally, if I was the contact person at NAMCO, and any quid-pro-quo existed for if he pulled this off, I would say that anything of that nature which was agreed to would be nullified and voided as a loss of media and impact opportunity would have occurred from a PR perspective.

One more thing...not sure if I said this earlier...back in the day we used to wait on line in front of a movie theatre in NYC whenever a franchise sequel was released. Some people were on line for nearly a week for a "Star Wars" sequel. But when you leave the line to come back the next day, go to the back of the line...others who joined the line overnight are now in line first. Just because you started waiting a day earlier does not mean your "line privilege" is still in effect. So he can't say for sake of argument that it's effectively one long NAMCO Day...doesn't work that way. He botched it on NAMCO Day and whenever he actually does do it, it will be done x-number of days later. Of course he can always sue to make people believe what he wants because he's Billy MItchell...and you can't spell 'because' without "SUE".
    Last edited by RTM; 11-27-2020 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Typo and added a final paragraph
Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Join us