Post Verdict Dispute Discussion: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 10-06-2019, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benasselstine View Post
    Why would Billy get Carlos to try and reproduce a girder finger on original arcade hardware if he really understood why the finger girder appeared in the first place?

Did he just not know, and hold out some small hope that it was possible? Was he stalling for time to create the 'evidence package'? Was he trying to create doubt and uncertainty?

I ask because ultimately it was a very bad idea that truly helped seal his fate. It really looks like the charge of the light brigade.

And then to try and get Carlos to lie in a written statement? yeesh. How do we make sense of it all when there's so much lying.
    This is wandering into human psychology, but I suspect it boils down to two possible reactions any of us have had when caught up in a lie - continue down the path of the lie and justify its rationale by any means necessary, or provide a full disclosure/confession. I mean, why did Lance Armstrong deny doping from the moment he was first suspected back in 1999 but wait until 2013 by finally offering a confession following the results of the 2012 US Anti-doping agency investigation, all the while denying, suing, and attacking critics along the way?
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-06-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    Likes grinder2112, NickWalker liked this post
Join us