Atari 7800 - Pole Position II - Test (Points) - 74,350 - Justin Miller

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 10-01-2019, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    Did he use a Atari controller? Maybe he used a Genesis Controller. If he did, is that okay? Does TG even have that defined yet? Or if it is, do we the community check on that consistenly? Is that information made easily available for new user to see before they hit the submit button?
    I can say from my personal experience (extraordinarily extensive, I might add), that there hasn't been any non-Atari controller that I have discovered that provides any kind of advantage on any Atari 2600/5200/7800 title, provided that OEM controller has no special functions like auto-fire or button remapping, which the Genesis controller does not. As for me personally, it seems as though the CX40 gives *me* an advantage over others who use other non-CX40 controllers, so as far as I'm concerned from a selfish perspective, I hope everyone else continues to use non-CX40 controllers for their Atari submissions ;-) Just means I'll continue to have the "unfair" advantage LOL!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 10-01-2019, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I can say from my personal experience (extraordinarily extensive, I might add), that there hasn't been any non-Atari controller that I have discovered that provides any kind of advantage on any Atari 2600/5200/7800 title, provided that OEM controller has no special functions like auto-fire or button remapping, which the Genesis controller does not. As for me personally, it seems as though the CX40 gives *me* an advantage over others who use other non-CX40 controllers, so as far as I'm concerned from a selfish perspective, I hope everyone else continues to use non-CX40 controllers for their Atari submissions ;-) Just means I'll continue to have the "unfair" advantage LOL!
    Oh, definitely-not sure it's "justification" for using anything except a CX-40(is fine with me, no worries!), but I've always felt like the real stick actually provides the best results. People that don't take time to get their "hands around it" are actually compromising themselves, I honestly believe that!!!

Going farther than you just did-
    You can use a CX-40 on 7800, same/same on most games, a few have a couple buttons, but still-
    All my 7800 stuff has been with the 7800 controller, CX-24, and I think one might compromise themselves by not getting used to it and using it on 7800 games-it's NOT as unusual in your hands as it looks like it would be, it really feels like holding a CX-40, tho they look nothing alike.
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 10-01-2019, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    No worries, frustration, anything like that on my part, I hate anything resembling being a grown-up anyway, so it was kinda a pita, but I'll likely keep my opinions on rules to myself from now on.
    Noooooo ... your opinions have been extraordinarily valuable and helpful for me throughout my time here. If you keep your opinions on rules to yourself, you may end up denying new members the benefit of learning from your experience! This is *my* opinion ;-)
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 10-21-2019, 12:33 AM
    Based soley on the evidence provided there is no proof of what console you are playing or the game being played. All it would take is 10 seconds at the beginning to show your set up. Hope you resubmit.
    Have to vote no on this one.
    john m brissie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us