Hyrule Warriors Legends - Old 3DS vs New 3DS

1. 10-03-2019, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    I akin this to most modern games. Games are updated and changed these days. Pick the best version that works for you. As @Barthax said, it's still a 3DS.

My take is there is finally some competition on this game. Do we want 500 tracks with 1 score each or 1 game with competition? Obviously anyone these days can make as many tracks as they want. You can make a track that say use a New 3DS on firmware 1.23.45 while Hyrule Warriors needs to be version 2.x.34 if you want.
    Exactly what I think. I'd rather have the competition and compete on the tracks you can compete on than split them up and have two separate identical game titles tracked. It's unfortunate, but at the same I will never compete on an Arcade submissions because I can't afford to buy an actual arcade cabinet.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 10-03-2019, 05:45 PM
    Here's the mission I just can't seem to even tie:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/209776

Nintendo 3DS - Hyrule Warriors Legends - Adventure Mode - Adventure Map - A14 - Defeat the Shield Moblin Forces! LV.2 [Clear Time] - 01:49

My best time is a 1:54 and that's if the missions load fast enough.
    I usually average around 2:00.

I'm thinking the New 3DS has the advantage for loading the missions faster.
  3. 10-03-2019, 05:58 PM
    Can you submit your best score to that track for comparison?
  4. 10-03-2019, 08:38 PM
    Asked about the console differences on the HWL Discord:

Name:  Screenshot (1263).png
Views: 66
Size:  90.8 KB

In some direct messages, SD card speed for digital was brought up.
    So maybe a fast SD card on my old 3DS XL might help out.

Now I wonder if digital on a fast SD card played on a New 3DS is the best way to play most levels.
    Likes Ragequit liked this post
  5. 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I've linked to a submission by myself and Matthew above. If you watch them you will see how those scenarios the OLD 3DS crushes how the New 3DS processes the game. Looks like the old boy has the advantage in this scenario.
    Yea and it looks like the new 3ds would have advantages in other levels, so kind of a mixed bag....
  6. 10-03-2019, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    Asked about the console differences on the HWL Discord:

Name:  Screenshot (1263).png
Views: 66
Size:  90.8 KB

In some direct messages, SD card speed for digital was brought up.
    So maybe a fast SD card on my old 3DS XL might help out.

Now I wonder if digital on a fast SD card played on a New 3DS is the best way to play most levels.
    The Switch version is awesome. I think you and I have both proven that having the best hardware definitely isn't giving the best results in certain missions. Never thought of the SD card speed. While it certainly wouldn't hurt to have the faster card, I would think the systems still read the digital copy/hard copy at the same speeds.
  7. 10-06-2019, 03:12 PM
    To keep the records correct and easy to follow, separate sets of records under the 3DS platform would be ideal.
  8. 10-06-2019, 03:21 PM
    Thing about that is then we need an entire separate console for the Super Game Boy because it doesn't play exactly like a Game Boy. Also, all PC's that aren't exactly identical (none of them) should all have their own individual platforms because they all perform slightly different which means a game on my PC might lag compared to your juiced PC. It's the same principle here.

I was only wanting to bring this old 3DS vs New 3DS and the differences up simply because I could see it leading to scores being disputed since I/Matthew literally couldn't compete with the other person's scores. Now we know why. However, now people are aware that one system handles it differently so I think that problem has been solved. A 3DS game is a 3DS game. Quite honestly I want to keep them together for competitive reasons. I am OK with Matthew having the advantage on some stages. If I want to beat them, guess I'll have to buy an old 3DS.
  9. 10-14-2019, 11:49 PM
    I think this game is interesting for playing.
  10. Yesterday, 10:01 AM
    Only thing I can add is this really deters me from wanting to compete on the 3DS. I don't have a New 3DS, I just have an old 3dsxl and a couple of submissions. Dunno how I will look at this in the future unless I actually want to purchase a New one when there is a decent price for it.
    The Fisher King
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us