Intellivision - Tron Solar Sailer - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - 1,014,750 - AL Birman

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision - Tron Solar Sailer - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - 1,014,750 - AL Birman

10-04-2019, 06:18 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC/PAL - Default Settings
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2585
    Rank
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Submission Message
    TRON SOLAR SAILER
    FIRST MILLION POINT SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and New World Record of: 1,014,750 Points.
    Enjoy !!!!!

Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, datagod liked this post
  2. 10-05-2019, 03:36 AM
    Another Tron game? Sweet.

And a 'first recorded million' accomplishment, can't argue with that.
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  3. 10-05-2019, 10:51 AM
    To see “Flynn Victorious” is next to impossible. That's why 99% of those who bought this game shelfed-it and it became somewhat of a hidden gem as opposed to a classic game.

In the first stage the recognizers are so aggressive... in fact too aggressive. Very similar to Vectron. The game is out to beat you at any cost.

This track at TG doesn't require that the player win the game... and I totally understand why :).

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock
    Another Tron game? Sweet.
    And a 'first recorded million' accomplishment, can't argue with that.

Likes Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  4. 10-06-2019, 04:03 PM
    First-
    I didn't understand the game, at all, had to enlist help smarter than me to suss it out(when I could have just asked you...).
    Seems like you are just "killing time" for a long time at the end, but going for bonus time is the only way to extend the game.

I thought this was a huge leechfest, because I didn't understand the game, and I apologize for my own misunderstanding.

Outstanding achievement, Man-I really love to hear the Intellivoice in action!

Again, I am sorry for not being able to understand what was going on when watching at first, but you definitely nailed this one, excellent job!!!

Accepted!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  5. 10-07-2019, 04:11 PM

For historical purpose I'll offer an explanation to what's going on:

Part 1: go from Track 7 to Track 1 and leave Track 1 to enter the Master Computer MCP phase.

In the MCP phase, you start with an overload factor - the white digit on the top right- between 30 and 70 depending how fast you got to the MCP.

Every time you miss a code, you lose 10 overload points. Every time you enter the code correctly you get 10 overload points. At zero points, YOU LOSE and your game ends with your score as written above. At 100 overload points, YOU WIN and you get a 50,000 point bonus added to your score.

Todd Rogers started the track in the 80's with a score of 680,000 or so. He started it as - POINTS- with no caveat to win the game. So he purposely didn't win the game when he could have... by purposely missing the code whenever he had an overload factor of 90. By 680,000 points, his overload factor went to zero and his game ended.

In 2015, Glen Chase went for the record and at 840,000 pushed the overload factor to 100 and won the game with 890,000 points.

When I researched all of it... I thought it was a track allowing leeching. And I would give it a shot.

I realized when I played it that you could easily play until your overload factor hits zero and my game ended. So since you're risking losing the game by not pushing the overload factor to 100, it's not leeching; it's more like point pressing.

It looks like a simple leeching exercise until you do it. Man is it mentally tiring !!! Plus you have the hypnotic green squares making you even more fatigued. It's QUITE a challenge.

Not a game I would plug in to goof around on... like Burgertime for example... but a really challenging task to get the WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco
    First-
    I didn't understand the game, at all, had to enlist help smarter than me to suss it out(when I could have just asked you...).
    Seems like you are just "killing time" for a long time at the end, but going for bonus time is the only way to extend the game.
    I thought this was a huge leechfest, because I didn't understand the game, and I apologize for my own misunderstanding.
    Outstanding achievement, Man-I really love to hear the Intellivoice in action!
    Again, I am sorry for not being able to understand what was going on when watching at first, but you definitely nailed this one, excellent job!!!
    Accepted!!!

6. 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM
    Definitely looks like 2 hours of leeching to me now that I've taken the time to watch it. You constantly and purposing spend time not advancing entering the 1 in the same place over and over again until you drop down a level. You only lose phase 2 if you get down to MCP level zero and you don't put any effort into advancing the game. You say it ends at 100, which is incorrect. You can choose to go for overtime and if you miss once you then lose. There is skill and danger in that.

Manual: DON'T FORGET, IT'S GO FOR BROKE! If you decided to try for more points, you mustblock every single transmission! Fail and you won't get the 50,000 point bonus!THE GAME IS OVER! YOU LOSE
  7. 10-07-2019, 06:19 PM
    I didn't set up the track.

I won't even debate whether or not it's leeching.

Watch Glen Chase's previous record that I just broke. His score was approved by adjudication.

That's how this track was set up.

Watch Glen's run and then comment. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by swaggers
    Definitely looks like 2 hours of leeching to me now that I've taken the time to watch it. You constantly and purposing spend time not advancing entering the 1 in the same place over and over again until you drop down a level. You only lose phase 2 if you get down to MCP level zero and you don't put any effort into advancing the game. You say it ends at 100, which is incorrect. You can choose to go for overtime and if you miss once you then lose. There is skill and danger in that.
    Manual: DON'T FORGET, IT'S GO FOR BROKE! If you decided to try for more points, you mustblock every single transmission! Fail and you won't get the 50,000 point bonus!THE GAME IS OVER! YOU LOSE

8. 10-07-2019, 07:05 PM
    If you don't fully understand what's going on, you should have sent me a PM instead of making ridiculous accusations on my historic MILLION POINT run. That maybe one person on earth can match.

There's other scores on the internet where a guy stays in part 1 of the game for hours and hours accumulating points.

The scoring system on this game is flawed...... if you play a perfect game, your score will be 35,000 points. This track is designed for players to catch as many points as you can ... period. That's the goal of this track.

How you don't appreciate this run is beyond me.

9. 10-08-2019, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    If you don't fully understand what's going on, you should have sent me a PM instead of making ridiculous accusations on my historic MILLION POINT run. That maybe one person on earth can match.

There's other scores on the internet where a guy stays in part 1 of the game for hours and hours accumulating points.
    His was leeching to the extreme also. Two wrongs, don't make a right. I enjoy how leeching benefits you here so it's suddenly part of the rules. When someone (sorry forgot who) leeches Thunder Castle then it's NOT ok because it would beat your record.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    The scoring system on this game is flawed...... if you play a perfect game, your score will be 35,000 points. This track is designed for players to catch as many points as you can ... period. That's the goal of this track.

How you don't appreciate this run is beyond me.
    This is also incorrect. A win gives you 50,000 points but you are not forced to do it. You can continue to score points after the end by going into overtime. You should learn the rules yourself.
  10. 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM
    I can't believe you actually wrote those ridiculous things. This is something personal against me ..... no idea why. Nothing that you said makes any sense. You've never played this game ... not to this part of the game obviously.

That's the way this track was set up at TG ... get as high a score as you can ... which is an extremely difficult task to do on this game. That's the way it was historically played - and I followed that game-play.

Accusing me of leeching to get a higher score is asinine. That's the track .... point-press to the highest score. Yet you make a personal attack against ME.

On Thunder Castle a player leeched the wizard screen for 90 minutes. Unlike Solar Sailor, it's incredibly easy to grab free points on Thunder Castle. Had that submission passed adjudication, all I would have to do is leech the same screen for longer than that player and get the record. So why would I care if someone beat my score or not? Just absolutely ridiculous, asinine accusations from you.

On Tron Solar Sailor, it's point-pressing not leeching because you're risking losing the game and not getting the 50,000 point bonus.

The overtime system in the game is flawed. It was a last minute addition before the cart went out. In overtime, the program just ends the game within 3 attempts, so it would never make sense to continue in overtime instead of taking the 50,000 point bonus.

I know it's futile to explain this because you just have something personal against me. It has nothing to do about the rules at Twin Galaxies. Have you started a dispute against Glenn Case? No you haven't. Because this is just an opportunity for you to Troll against me. That's all this is.

Unbelievable !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us