Question about missing date on Pac-man Arcade Perfect Score

1. Question about missing date on Pac-man Arcade Perfect Score

10-06-2019, 08:46 AM
    There aren't too many verified perfect scores on Pac-man arcade (and MAME), under the category "Points [Factory Speed]"

One stood out to me, as it has a missing date, listing verified by referee with a date submitted of "0000-00-00"

See David Cruz's perfect score date:
    https://i.imgur.com/AXOEPIU.png

There's probably a simple explanation, e.g. database corruption, webpage programming error, or simply user error caused a lost date.

I've tried searching with this sites search function and using google, but I was unable to find an explanation related to that score and the missing date.

So, what happened?

What date is it thought to have been submitted? Or verified? Or when was the score achieved?

Thanks.
    Thanks mcmike953 thanked this post
  2. 10-06-2019, 03:03 PM
    Some kind of explanation of the circumstances that might have happened.
  3. 10-08-2019, 04:59 PM
    It looks like Cruz's score was achieved during the weekend of Kong Off 3 according to this news article, which was held November 15-17, 2013:

https://www.westword.com/news/twin-g...ompany-5831694

"Pickles was hoping to have a perfect game verified by one of the Twin Galaxies referees at Kong Off 3, but pressure and back luck derailed his game (Florida's David Cruz managed to get his Perfect Pac-Man game certified by TG officials during that Kong Off)."

During this time, TG was "off-line" as there was some turmoil with the new ownership structure. I suspect the score was entered in some way during this time, or perhaps as part of the transition once Jace Hall stepped in and purchased TG around this time (circa 2014). I suspect this context contributed to the lack of a clear date entry in the database.
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-08-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Thanks ATrapani thanked this post
Join us