Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 1,000,000

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 1,000,000

10-06-2019, 10:37 AM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2758
    Rules
    One-Player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.

Player Name
    Robert T Mruczek
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-05-09
    Disputed Score
    1,000,000 (Rank 5)
    Disputed By
    Desidious
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Please follow the previous discussions about the other 1mil scores. I will link to Rosa's dispute incase McEvoy's get removed when they change the dispute details for his/TG's mistake.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-1-000-000
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  2. 10-08-2019, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2758
    RulesOne-Player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.
    Player NameRobert T Mruczek
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodReferee
    Verification Date2001-05-09
    Disputed Score1,000,000 (Rank 5)
    Disputed ByDesidious
    Dispute Evidence / RationalePlease follow the previous discussions about the other 1mil scores. I will link to Rosa's dispute incase McEvoy's get removed when they change the dispute details for his/TG's mistake.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-1-000-000

OH! I just cant wait to get blamed for this one!!!
  3. 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    OH! I just cant wait to get blamed for this one!!!
    a Name:  2019_10_08_17_41_121.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  7.2 KBb
    side note: apparently pictures get removed now unless theres text around them
    Roy was Right
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 10-09-2019, 08:01 PM
    This dispute is a crock of BS and another instance of a vendetta score challenge [ REMOVED BY ADMIN ]

In my case I was not concerned whether the score rolled or not...my goal was to score exactly a million and be done with the game.

If baseless conjecture and speculation is to be considered as "evidence" in a submitted score challenge then the entire process is fundamentally flawed.
    Last edited by SincerelyFranny; 10-09-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Likes nads, EVN liked this post
  5. 10-09-2019, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    [ REMOVED BY ADMIN ]
    Robert, I am sorry you got dragged into this. Given your devotion to the scoreboard and the time you spent playing these games, can you confirm that it is your belief there never was a maxout on this game?

Did you share that belief with Rudy and David Yancey?

I am certain that there is no way Rudy would stop at a million if he truly played this game. I believe the evidence shows that both Yancey and Ferret did not actually get to 1,000,000 but only claimed it because they believed that it was a maxout.

Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

6. 10-10-2019, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Robert, I am sorry you got dragged into this. Given your devotion to the scoreboard and the time you spent playing these games, can you confirm that it is your belief there never was a maxout on this game?

Did you share that belief with Rudy and David Yancey?

I am certain that there is no way Rudy would stop at a million if he truly played this game. I believe the evidence shows that both Yancey and Ferret did not actually get to 1,000,000 but only claimed it because they believed that it was a maxout.

Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.

RTM REPLY - Rudy and Yancey did their scores in 2003 and 2007 (I just checked the TG leaderboard for the title)...Ron would have verified for Rudy while Yancey's was done AFTER my departure from TG. His perspective would be of most interest as Corcoran AND myself were both gone, so (A) who verified his score and (B) why did he stop at 1M ?

I can't speak for David but he did post to the TG forum within the past several years...he might be a "lurker", I don't know...and I am not in contact with his via Facebook or social media...maybe find someone else who is. Todd used to speak with Yancey but I have no idea if he would share Yancey's contact info.

Speaking strictly for myself...and unable to determine since Corcoran's and Todd's scores were unilaterally removed from the TG database...I do not know or remember what the landscape of this platfor/title's leaderboard was back then, yet my 1M appears to be the oldest top score on file. My assumption is that I intentionally wanted to stop at 1M...whether the game rolled or not was not a concern of mine, even if I saw that it did not while still recording. I had no intention of playing to 1.5M, 2M or more on that title...1M was good enough.

As I explained in my other post in the Alan Hewston thread, most likely I set myself up at a score like a 999,900 or 999,950 and shot a single item with a value just enough to achieve an even score as opposed to a disinteresting 1,000,025 or something like that. A 1M even just looked that much nicer on the older Snipercade text-based leaderboard !!
Join us