Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 1,000,000

Is this a valid dispute?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Brandon Finton - Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Robert T Mruczek - Score: 1,000,000

    10-06-2019, 10:37 AM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2758
    Rules
    One-Player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.

    Player Name
    Robert T Mruczek
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-05-09
    Disputed Score
    1,000,000 (Rank 5)
    Disputed By
    Desidious
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Please follow the previous discussions about the other 1mil scores. I will link to Rosa's dispute incase McEvoy's get removed when they change the dispute details for his/TG's mistake.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-1-000-000
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  2. 10-08-2019, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Commando - NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2758
    RulesOne-Player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.
    Player NameRobert T Mruczek
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodReferee
    Verification Date2001-05-09
    Disputed Score1,000,000 (Rank 5)
    Disputed ByDesidious
    Dispute Evidence / RationalePlease follow the previous discussions about the other 1mil scores. I will link to Rosa's dispute incase McEvoy's get removed when they change the dispute details for his/TG's mistake.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...core-1-000-000

    OH! I just cant wait to get blamed for this one!!!
  3. 10-08-2019, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    OH! I just cant wait to get blamed for this one!!!
    a Name:  2019_10_08_17_41_121.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  7.2 KBb
    side note: apparently pictures get removed now unless theres text around them
  4. 10-09-2019, 08:01 PM
    This dispute is a crock of BS and another instance of a vendetta score challenge [ REMOVED BY ADMIN ]

    In my case I was not concerned whether the score rolled or not...my goal was to score exactly a million and be done with the game.

    If baseless conjecture and speculation is to be considered as "evidence" in a submitted score challenge then the entire process is fundamentally flawed.
    Last edited by SincerelyFranny; 10-09-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Likes nads, EVN liked this post
  5. 10-09-2019, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    [ REMOVED BY ADMIN ]
    Robert, I am sorry you got dragged into this. Given your devotion to the scoreboard and the time you spent playing these games, can you confirm that it is your belief there never was a maxout on this game?

    Did you share that belief with Rudy and David Yancey?

    I am certain that there is no way Rudy would stop at a million if he truly played this game. I believe the evidence shows that both Yancey and Ferret did not actually get to 1,000,000 but only claimed it because they believed that it was a maxout.

    Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.
    Please forward all complains to the corruption and collusion department
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock


  6. 10-10-2019, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Robert, I am sorry you got dragged into this. Given your devotion to the scoreboard and the time you spent playing these games, can you confirm that it is your belief there never was a maxout on this game?

    Did you share that belief with Rudy and David Yancey?

    I am certain that there is no way Rudy would stop at a million if he truly played this game. I believe the evidence shows that both Yancey and Ferret did not actually get to 1,000,000 but only claimed it because they believed that it was a maxout.

    Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.


    RTM REPLY - Rudy and Yancey did their scores in 2003 and 2007 (I just checked the TG leaderboard for the title)...Ron would have verified for Rudy while Yancey's was done AFTER my departure from TG. His perspective would be of most interest as Corcoran AND myself were both gone, so (A) who verified his score and (B) why did he stop at 1M ?

    I can't speak for David but he did post to the TG forum within the past several years...he might be a "lurker", I don't know...and I am not in contact with his via Facebook or social media...maybe find someone else who is. Todd used to speak with Yancey but I have no idea if he would share Yancey's contact info.

    Speaking strictly for myself...and unable to determine since Corcoran's and Todd's scores were unilaterally removed from the TG database...I do not know or remember what the landscape of this platfor/title's leaderboard was back then, yet my 1M appears to be the oldest top score on file. My assumption is that I intentionally wanted to stop at 1M...whether the game rolled or not was not a concern of mine, even if I saw that it did not while still recording. I had no intention of playing to 1.5M, 2M or more on that title...1M was good enough.

    As I explained in my other post in the Alan Hewston thread, most likely I set myself up at a score like a 999,900 or 999,950 and shot a single item with a value just enough to achieve an even score as opposed to a disinteresting 1,000,025 or something like that. A 1M even just looked that much nicer on the older Snipercade text-based leaderboard !!
  7. 11-19-2019, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - Rudy and Yancey did their scores in 2003 and 2007 (I just checked the TG leaderboard for the title)...Ron would have verified for Rudy while Yancey's was done AFTER my departure from TG. His perspective would be of most interest as Corcoran AND myself were both gone, so (A) who verified his score and (B) why did he stop at 1M ?

    I can't speak for David but he did post to the TG forum within the past several years...he might be a "lurker", I don't know...and I am not in contact with his via Facebook or social media...maybe find someone else who is. Todd used to speak with Yancey but I have no idea if he would share Yancey's contact info.

    Speaking strictly for myself...and unable to determine since Corcoran's and Todd's scores were unilaterally removed from the TG database...I do not know or remember what the landscape of this platfor/title's leaderboard was back then, yet my 1M appears to be the oldest top score on file. My assumption is that I intentionally wanted to stop at 1M...whether the game rolled or not was not a concern of mine, even if I saw that it did not while still recording. I had no intention of playing to 1.5M, 2M or more on that title...1M was good enough.

    As I explained in my other post in the Alan Hewston thread, most likely I set myself up at a score like a 999,900 or 999,950 and shot a single item with a value just enough to achieve an even score as opposed to a disinteresting 1,000,025 or something like that. A 1M even just looked that much nicer on the older Snipercade text-based leaderboard !!
    Snowflake Reply:
    I'd like to point out something i came across rereading the todd rogers dispute. notice the objection isnt just the dififculty of the score but more importantly the exact number. The idea of just stopping there not being realistic. Bob, you yourself took issue with todd over this score for the reason of the number and unlikeliness of someone stopping there. The score was removed (by you?). And then years later you cited it in your final write up of all of todd's sins. I think theres some hypocrisy crucifying todd on the basis of a possible score with an unlikely stop point and at the same time saying we should never question anyone else for similar reasons

    now, i will grant that your score here is quite different. you were the first to get it, and its a rounded score, and you've made clear how much you love rounding scores. However, what about the other 2 players? its one thing for you as an inaugural player to stop here. But for the other to stop and agree to a tie, especially rudy he sees himself as best gamer ever? just like you dont believe that todd would just stop at the score on kaboom, i dont believe rudy would just stop at that point here and accept a tie when he doesnt have to. when todd did it you brought it up multiple times and even listed it in your reasons for jace to ban and strip him. seems reasonable to also hold yancey and rudy to simliar questioning. heck, i'm even admitting your score is different, but surely you can see how those 2 tying you is odd.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 133
Size:  188.6 KB
    *technical side note: kaboom is bombs not balloons. its a bad bomber and the bombs explode if you dont defuse them in water. its buckets of water, not plates.
  8. 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM
    The "Kaboom" score by Todd is apples-to-oranges vs my "Commando" score.

    For starters, I do not remember now that Todd's scores were wiped whether he had a registered score on "Commando" before I submitted my own. However, my submission or rather acceptance date was year 2000 and Todd likely already had some scores in the database at that point BUT as I now checked the wayback machine, he did not as of year 2002 have any on this title...

    https://web.archive.org/web/20021208...com/scores.htm

    Thus I was on my own back then. Not knowing whether a roll-over would happen or not, I opted to register an even one million and without seeing the video sent to Corcoran 19 years ago, odds are that prior to 1M even I had set myself up so that a single object with a known point value which once hit would carry to me an even million was my goal. If the score rolled I'd have a million points, and if not, I did not feel like playing for longer anyway...better to have an even million than 1,085,500 or some oddball score like that. Also it was likely a few hours to do and I did not feel like doing multiple tapes. I can only speak hypothetical as I submitted only this one single score on the title.

    "Kaboom" was different. Todd claimed a very specific score of 960,001 which due to the nature of the game and how deep he was into it was highly unlikely to have been achieved for the reasons that I stated in the dispute. Once you understand the dynamics of the game and what happens when you lose a bucket (as well as gaining one) it will make sense why an ending score just one point above a bonus bucket threshold is extremely unlikely to have happened, even intentionally.

    As for Rudy/Yancy, put yourself into their place. They saw a 1M score on the database and might have assumed that the game either "froze" in some way or possibly even ended. They might also have done the same thing that I did not knowing what happened next, and I have a good reason why. Suppose that they believed the score ended as soon as you hit the last object BUT they were concerned with what could happen if you hit an object worth 200 points with a score of 999,900 just to pull numbers out of thin air...they might have been concerned that their score would have froze at 999,900 as opposed to possibly all zeroes. Again, I cannot tell you what they were thinking...their scores were achieved well after my own and I never saw nor verified their performances.

    But speaking for myself, I had absolutely nothing to assume when I set out to achieve the score that I did...I played it safe and opted for an even score and not to play further, plain and simple. I cannot speak for the other players.

    The game itself is not at all difficult...I think it allows you to store up to either 6 or more likely 9 lives in reserve so unless you were extremely careless you likely would not die as the difficulty is not anywhere near as bad as the arcade original.
  9. 11-20-2019, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    The game itself is not at all difficult...I think it allows you to store up to either 6 or more likely 9 lives in reserve so unless you were extremely careless you likely would not die as the difficulty is not anywhere near as bad as the arcade original.
    i believe your other stuff i already acknowledged your score is different. and as for rudy and yancey i already explained why its just as suspicous

    this newest comment of yours makes little sense coming from you. So a game like this, which you claim is easy you left in the database even though you were the only entry and removing it would cause no harm to anyone. meanwhile a guy like dodge 'em thats too hard for you, and has many submitters on you remove for being to easy and strip lots of good scores? that doesnt add up. if you delete scores for being too easy, then how can you now claim this one is too easy?
  10. 11-20-2019, 09:40 AM
    On "Kaboom". The game awards an extra "bucket" every 1000 points. You have three (3) max, stacked vertically. If you are down to 2 or less buckets and pass a 1000 threshold you get a bucket added, but if you are maxed you do not.

    The game has eight (8) progressively higher-point and faster difficulties in terms of stages with stage 8 worth 8 points per balloon the peak.

    A number of scenarios are possible but I shall start with the most likely...Todd is in stage 8 and has been playing for nearly 5 straight hours on small buckets (difficulty "A").

    When you lose a bucket you drop to one (1) difficulty stage lower...lower speed, lower point value. Miss again and you drop a further stage down.

    The problem is the extreme unlikelihood after nearly 5 hours of stellar gameplay beyond what anyone had achieved to date he literally loses 3, possibly 4, buckets back-to-back while making practically zero points between them. It's like playing your "A" game and in the span of a few seconds you're in your "F" game.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us