Dispute: WILLIAM MCEVOY - PlayStation 2 - Activision Anthology - NTSC - Commando - Game 1, Difficulty B [Points] - Player: Rudy J. Ferretti - Score: 1,000,000

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: WILLIAM MCEVOY - PlayStation 2 - Activision Anthology - NTSC - Commando - Game 1, Difficulty B [Points] - Player: Rudy J. Ferretti - Score: 1,000,000

10-07-2019, 10:02 PM
    PlayStation 2 - Activision Anthology - NTSC - Commando - Game 1, Difficulty B [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=17664
    Rules
    Please note that Difficulty B is the default difficulty when starting the game.
    Player Name
    Rudy J. Ferretti
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Video
    Verification Date
    2007-09-23
    Disputed Score
    1,000,000 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    datagod
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This submission is part of a larger conspiracy to reward specific gamers with achievements they did not earn. Rudy along with several others submitted scores for exactly 1,000,000 points on Activision Commando for the 2600. Rudy went ahead and submitted the exact same score for this anthology collection on the PS2. This game at one time was believed to max out at 1,000,000 points. It does not. The score rolls over but continues. Subsequent gamers have gotten much higher scores once they legit passed the 1,000,000 mark. Please see full evidence on the original dispute: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-Score-274-700 (note the website malfunctioned and incorrectly created a link to Alan Hewston's score, even though Rudy Ferretti's score shows it is under dispute)
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 10-20-2019, 05:39 AM
    Once again the dispute system plays host to the unending William McEvoy and Rudy J Feretti feud.

This score is possible and there is zero evidence presented here that it was not achieved. This dispute is the very definition of frivolous. Surely there needs to be some burden of proof on the disputer to be raising these disputes.

"This dispute is a joke"
  3. 10-20-2019, 06:54 AM
    Mortal, you are not worthy of my flesh name. you may only refer to me as your deity datagod.

the proof is clear. it is a trend amongst all of these 1 million points scores. they thought that the game maxed out at 1 million so they nearly claimed to get 1 million as part of a conspiracy. a conspiracy of individuals. David Yancey is the prime suspect. He has a documented history of either tiny or scoring just below Todd Rogers. they all at one point claimed exactly 1 million points on this game. 4 people who got exactly 1 million points for no reason at all decided to stop at 1 million and tie. on a competitive scoreboard. especially ready for ready to champions himself as the greatest player of the century. You're trying to tell me that you believe he intentionally tied people like RTM David Yancey and Todd Rogers. you can believe that all you want. The evidence is right in front of our face. And Rudy admitted that he stopped playing at 1 million points. He only admitted that after realizing it was not a kill screen. or I mean that the score stopped at 1 million. because up until that point they all believed that the score maxed out at 1 million points. that is why they all tied each other because none of them actually achieve that score other than RTM who made it clear that he routinely put up interesting scores. as a way of showboating. ready for ready doesn't show boat. simply claims to be the best in the world. And to have the most of maxouts.

thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this dispute other than your continued irrational crusade against me. you were doing nothing positive to this website.

thank you for being antisocial
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

4. 10-20-2019, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Mortal, you are not worthy of my flesh name. you may only refer to me as your deity datagod.

the proof is clear. it is a trend amongst all of these 1 million points scores. they thought that the game maxed out at 1 million so they nearly claimed to get 1 million as part of a conspiracy. a conspiracy of individuals. David Yancey is the prime suspect. He has a documented history of either tiny or scoring just below Todd Rogers. they all at one point claimed exactly 1 million points on this game. 4 people who got exactly 1 million points for no reason at all decided to stop at 1 million and tie. on a competitive scoreboard. especially ready for ready to champions himself as the greatest player of the century. You're trying to tell me that you believe he intentionally tied people like RTM David Yancey and Todd Rogers. you can believe that all you want. The evidence is right in front of our face. And Rudy admitted that he stopped playing at 1 million points. He only admitted that after realizing it was not a kill screen. or I mean that the score stopped at 1 million. because up until that point they all believed that the score maxed out at 1 million points. that is why they all tied each other because none of them actually achieve that score other than RTM who made it clear that he routinely put up interesting scores. as a way of showboating. ready for ready doesn't show boat. simply claims to be the best in the world. And to have the most of maxouts.

thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this dispute other than your continued irrational crusade against me. you were doing nothing positive to this website.

thank you for being antisocial
    None of that is proof, it's just a conspiracy theory.

Have you got a tape? Maybe testimony from a ref from the time that the score was never performed? Do you even have the quote from Rudy? Anything at all besides a theory? If so then post it or stop disputing scores and making claims you can't substantiate.

You're setting a really crappy precedent here whereby a pre TGSAP score can be disputed just because a person with a big mouth and 4000 credibility doesn't believe it.
    Likes nads liked this post
  5. 10-20-2019, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN
    Mortal, you are not worthy of my flesh name. you may only refer to me as your deity datagod.the proof is clear. it is a trend amongst all of these 1 million points scores. they thought that the game maxed out at 1 million so they nearly claimed to get 1 million as part of a conspiracy. a conspiracy of individuals. David Yancey is the prime suspect. He has a documented history of either tiny or scoring just below Todd Rogers. they all at one point claimed exactly 1 million points on this game. 4 people who got exactly 1 million points for no reason at all decided to stop at 1 million and tie. on a competitive scoreboard. especially ready for ready to champions himself as the greatest player of the century. You're trying to tell me that you believe he intentionally tied people like RTM David Yancey and Todd Rogers. you can believe that all you want. The evidence is right in front of our face. And Rudy admitted that he stopped playing at 1 million points. He only admitted that after realizing it was not a kill screen. or I mean that the score stopped at 1 million. because up until that point they all believed that the score maxed out at 1 million points. that is why they all tied each other because none of them actually achieve that score other than RTM who made it clear that he routinely put up interesting scores. as a way of showboating. ready for ready doesn't show boat. simply claims to be the best in the world. And to have the most of maxouts.thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this dispute other than your continued irrational crusade against me. you were doing nothing positive to this website.thank you for being antisocial
    None of that is proof, it's just a conspiracy theory.Have you got a tape? Maybe testimony from a ref from the time that the score was never performed? Do you even have the quote from Rudy? Anything at all besides a theory? If so then post it or stop disputing scores and making claims you can't substantiate.You're setting a really crappy precedent here whereby a pre TGSAP score can be disputed just because a person with a big mouth and 4000 credibility doesn't believe it.
    Stop arguing just vote no and move on with your life. You don't need to keep defending Rudy every second of every day. there are four scores with 1 million points that are all highly suspicious. I reported you once again for being unnecessarily rude.

6. 10-21-2019, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN View Post
    Once again the dispute system plays host to the unending William McEvoy and Rudy J Feretti feud.

This score is possible and there is zero evidence presented here that it was not achieved. This dispute is the very definition of frivolous. Surely there needs to be some burden of proof on the disputer to be raising these disputes.

"This dispute is a joke"
    Hey, Bill. I agree with you that it's pretty damn suspicious. If I had to bet I'd say you are right. However, Evan is right. There's nothing here to consider except assumptions.

But good luck.

And once again. Have some respect. We're talking about the console player of the century.

You'r just jealous of Rudy :)

john

john
    Likes EVN, datagod liked this post
  7. 10-21-2019, 12:16 AM
    I reported you once again for being unnecessarily rude.
    By all means report me! You should bring admin's attention to this thread, if this is all that's required to dispute a score then this dispute system is broken.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  8. 10-21-2019, 12:47 AM
    Not sure if this is helping, hurting, or completely irrelevant, but back in the day it was commonplace to find Gauntlet high scores of 0000000, often in first place, but occasionally ousted in an act of pettiness by a score of ten million and one... just because we could.

Name:  TER_gauntletj12_2012-04-17_wolf145_10000000.png
Views: 117
Size:  15.1 KB

Childish, I know. Sandbagging, maybe. But not implausible.
    Likes EVN, datagod liked this post
  9. 10-21-2019, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Childish, I know. Sandbagging, maybe. But not implausible.
    Anything is possible when you make up your own version of events in the absence of evidence.

Like pretend I didn't like Lexmark, (sorry to single you out mate) I could just make something up: "I don't believe he did his Zoo Keeper run, the refs were corrupt back in the day - he probably paid one a bribe to put his score in." And raise a dispute.

How do we know that's not happening here unless there's some evidence to back up the accusation?

I'm certainly no fan of Rudy in particular but come on.
  10. 10-21-2019, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hey, Bill. I agree with you that it's pretty damn suspicious. If I had to bet I'd say you are right. However, Evan is right. There's nothing here to consider except assumptions.
    But good luck.
    And once again. Have some respect. We're talking about the console player of the century.
    You'r just jealous of Rudy :)
    john
    You always bring a smile to my face John. Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us