Upload all records at once or one per day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Upload all records at once or one per day?

10-09-2019, 01:59 PM
    Hi all.

I am relatively new to TG but a long time gamer since the 90s. I only play Sega consoles and one of my favourite games is Micro Machines 96 for the Mega Drive. I plan on setting all the records for MM2, MM96 and MM Military. About 70 in total.

I am currently abroad working for 2 months and dont have access to my consoles. During this time I plan on reviewing scores until I have enough submission points to upload all the required track records.

My question is: Is it better to upload all my records at once or is it best to stagger them? - say 3 records per day.

Any advice would be appreciated.

kind regards,

Liam
    Likes Garrett Holland, Pixe Sukola liked this post
  2. 10-09-2019, 03:20 PM
    I strongly recommend keeping groups of submissions from a single game broken up. It seems that large groups tend to take longer to get all of the scores adjudicated, as people get "bored" of reviewing lots of similar submissions in a row.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 10-10-2019, 11:16 AM
    I agree with Gibgirl-to a degree.
    ;P
    I'm actually VERY forgetful. I also play every day, and would wind up with a huge backlog.
    I've slowed my pace down now for the most part, but there have been times where I've played multi-track games and subbed many, many(, MANY)subs in the same day.
    No question, it can be a pain to sort thru multiple subs from the same user, but at the same time, it is "earning TG money".

It really depends on your own bookkeeping and planned pace of play, I'd say-yes, it would be easier on the "system" to see a few at the time, but I also don't see it as abuse of the system to put several in at once, just depends on how you roll.

If you are like me, and have to think hard to remember what you had for dinner last night, just play and sub is my advice, don't sit on anything, but if you are meticulous with keeping up with things, then a staggered pace may be the way to go.

*Edit*
    And I can guarantee, lol, whenever I hook up my Mega again, I'll be looking closer at the Micro Machines, lol, I'm hit-and-miss, but I might be able to give you a run!
    :)
    Last edited by Rogerpoco; 10-10-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 10-11-2019, 05:25 AM
    Your SP, your spending. :)

I have a huge backlog & regularly "dump" masses of submissions in the queue. In order to stop myself getting bored, I do a some (typically 4) of each game at a time but the overall quantity does not particularly matter - it's on the scoreboard in the queue and someone has to be the latest submitter, the oldest submitter or ("and" in my case) the middle of the pack. The primary limiting factor is SP but then there's the simple time it takes to submit - the form filling & waiting for the upload.

I suggest you start off as soon as you can with only one or two just so you can get feedback on your submission evidence packages (you wouldn't be the first gamer to have to ditch a pile of recordings because they won't pass muster). When you're getting your stride on with the evidence packages, then chuck a load in: you may find your limiting factor is yourself. ;)
    Likes Rogerpoco, MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  5. 10-11-2019, 06:17 AM
    Thank you for your replies.

I have uploaded 7 Micro Machines 2 track times that have been accepted so confident that my submission evidence is good enough.

I feel it works better for me if I focus solely on achieving the records then spending time afterwards uploading the videos. I may stagger them though as I dont want to bore people too much.

I would be grateful if other people would submit some times for the Micro Machines series on the Mega Drive. They are great games and I would like the compitition.
    Likes Rogerpoco, Barthax liked this post
Join us