Atari 2600 / VCS - Sky Jinks - NTSC - Game 1 Polo Grounds, Difficulty B (Fastest Time) - 35.011 - Derek Camin

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Sky Jinks - NTSC - Game 1 Polo Grounds, Difficulty B (Fastest Time) - 35.011 - Derek Camin

10-12-2019, 08:58 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Game 1 Polo Grounds, Difficulty B (Fastest Time)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2165
    Rules
    Difficulty switch must be set to B position. This removes trees from the direct flight path.
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Submission Message
    More Atari

Likes nads liked this post
  2. 10-12-2019, 09:03 AM
    Is that submitted score correct??
  3. 10-12-2019, 09:20 AM
    Unfortunately not.

Just need to make sure you enter the milliseconds like this for the re-sub.

Thanks Derek thanked this post
  4. 10-12-2019, 09:51 AM
    Great run, Derek! It's awesome to see you submitting a bunch of 2600 scores! YES!

This run is completely valid, and if not for the typo in the score entry, I'd likely vote yes, however, here is some advice I'd give you for future submissions (which you may already be doing this ... I haven't viewed your other 2600 subs yet):

1. Show console power up *or* power off (either one is good, but both is even better)
    2. Show the difficulty switch position.
    3. Show the face or the end of the cartridge ... even if it is merely sitting in the cartridge slot. It is also helpful to adjudicators whether or not you are using an original cart, a Harmony cart, Cuttle Cart, etc. For example, I won't call out any names (not sure if he's even around anymore, tbh.), but I have more than reason to believe a certain current world record holder of a couple of Atari 2600 titles (specifically regarding two of the records) were performed using a hacked ROM installed on a Harmony cart. That is probably a situation that a submitter would want to avoid due to the skepticism (rightfully so) created by past bad actors, easily remedied by showing the goods.

Welcome to the 2600 club!
  5. 10-12-2019, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    2. Show the difficulty switch position.
    This was just an FYI, btw. It is clear in your video that the difficulty switch positions are in their correct position.
  6. 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM
    3. Show the face or the end of the cartridge ... even if it is merely sitting in the cartridge slot. It is also helpful to adjudicators whether or not you are using an original cart, a Harmony cart, Cuttle Cart, etc.
    A buddy of mine just gave me hell about my comments, and that I appeared as though I was suggesting #2 and #3 weren't present in your video LOL! I can't say I blame him after re-reading what I wrote. To clarify, the face of your Harmony Cart is quite visible as well. The only issue in this video is the lack of power cycling. ;-)
  7. 10-12-2019, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland
    3. Show the face or the end of the cartridge ... even if it is merely sitting in the cartridge slot. It is also helpful to adjudicators whether or not you are using an original cart, a Harmony cart, Cuttle Cart, etc.
    A buddy of mine just gave me hell about my comments, and that I appeared as though I was suggesting #2 and #3 weren't present in your video LOL! I can't say I blame him after re-reading what I wrote. To clarify, the face of your Harmony Cart is quite visible as well. The only issue in this video is the lack of power cycling. ;-)
    It's all good man, I'll resubmit this when I get back home later; go ahead and reject this one :)
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  8. 10-14-2019, 12:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Voting_NO.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	98966
    Voting No
    Likes Derek liked this post
Join us