Atari 2600 / VCS - Jr. Pac-Man - NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points) - 40,260 - Roger 111

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Jr. Pac-Man - NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points) - 40,260 - Roger 111

10-14-2019, 02:42 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Toy Candy With 4 Ghosts (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3785
    Rules
    Use the Game Select switch to select the Toy Candy skill level. This is the hardest level, in which Junior tries to outrun four ghosts.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this game.

Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, ruin at 1:00.
    Don't let the quick attempt fool you, I worked on this last night a while, and a couple hours this morning, this is a really tough game!
    Stupid drum(? Whatever)robbed me of a power pellet that I really needed, I'm sure I'll try this again soon but I'm happy with this for now.
    This one hurts the hands pretty bad.
    Oh-and is an excellent arcade port, for 2600, very excellent-not really my kind of game, but well-done.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, nads, ILLSeaBass, Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 10-14-2019, 05:49 PM
    Very Good score on a very tough game!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 10-15-2019, 04:31 AM
    Short and sweet!! Great run on a tough cart Roger!
  4. 10-15-2019, 07:04 AM
    GG.
    Looks like you need to learn how to run the ghosts a merry chase around the various mazes, then you can start thinking about getting the first million. It should be possible to draw out the roving prizes by eating dots alone. Once you learn when & where they appear, you can put a quick bite on them, before they take out your precious power pellets.
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 10-15-2019, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    GG.
    Looks like you need to learn how to run the ghosts a merry chase around the various mazes, then you can start thinking about getting the first million. It should be possible to draw out the roving prizes by eating dots alone. Once you learn when & where they appear, you can put a quick bite on them, before they take out your precious power pellets.
    It would take a long time, but I honestly believe this game could be patterned out and each board played exactly the same every time, similar to Burgertime or regular Pac-Man, and as extreme as the high score is on this, I'm inclined to believe it's certainly possible.
    I didn't really commit to doing it, but I could tell that I'd occasionally get the exact same start through the first couple of power pellets, so I believe you can bully the game into doing what you want.

For sure, on the later levels, the mazes are almost set up to your advantage for running around in circles, you have a lot of escape routes, that's my strategy for picking up loose dots.

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
  6. 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM
    Even that first level is insane. Great run, accepted!
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. 10-15-2019, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    Even that first level is insane. Great run, accepted!
    Reiterating that this really is a 2600 masterpiece-compared to many games, the first level alone would be worth the "price of admission", I think.

And it really does seem the toughest-you get longer to eat the ghosts, but it's more "open" than the later levels, less good escape routes.

Thanks!!!
    Winter sucks.
    Likes starsoldier1, Garrett Holland liked this post
  8. 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM
    Excellent "sudden death" composure! 14K on your last life! EXCELLENT. Accepted!
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  9. 10-16-2019, 12:43 PM
    Tough game that you played well. I know I'd be happy with that score...

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
  10. 10-16-2019, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    Tough game that you played well. I know I'd be happy with that score...

Accepted.
    Regular Pac doesn't like me much, but for some reason I do OK on Ms. and Jr., decent scores for playing "freestyle", on 2600 and 5200.

Missed out on one of these arcade cabs, was in a convenience store in my town for decades and just disappeared one day(I actually went planning to play it for a couple of hours...), I asked and they said the owner had sold it(I had asked to buy it several times...).
    I know the thing went for less than 500$, has been about a year but still drives me crazy!!!

Thanks!!!
    Winter sucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us