This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Robot Tank - NTSC (points) - 57 - Roger 111

10-17-2019, 08:00 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC (points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5270
    Rules
    The game select switch and difficulty switches are not used in this game.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, only one attempt.
    Almost got two Patches this time!!!
    Darnit, one more tank would have made a big difference on the scoreboard-I hit a really lucky streak late, I think this is all I have right now, but I'll grind on it someday-I think ya'll know I'm not really looking/thinking about the TG scoreboard on these, just Activision's "set goals".
    Even when the tanks are fast later on, it seems best to pretty much play by watching the radar and listening for the enemy shots.
    Mentioned before, this game is set in 2019, lol, and for whatever reason, the Tanks are converging on Santa Clara, California.
    :)
    On to the next...Private Eye? Crackpots? Frostbite?(Uhhh...no, on the Frostbite...).
    Thanks Everyone!!!

2. 10-17-2019, 12:09 PM
    Quite the battle… willing to fight the toughest tanks in the worst weather… Accepted!!!

Patch… Heck yea!!!!!
    Name:  RobotTank_48.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  9.1 KB
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 10-17-2019, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDeg View Post
    Quite the battle… willing to fight the toughest tanks in the worst weather… Accepted!!!

Patch… Heck yea!!!!!
    Name:  RobotTank_48.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  9.1 KB
    I didn't really notice till I watched the vid after, but it sure didn't give me one single clear day to work with!

Probably the Patch I have tried and failed at the most in the past, you may remember I played it quietly for a couple days a year or so ago, but nothing came of it then.

The more you get used to the enemy tank behavior the more playable the game is(obviously), but I think it also gets pretty fun, just difficult.

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes GregDeg, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 10-20-2019, 09:12 AM
    Great run and strategy on this one Roger!! Patton would be proud!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 10-20-2019, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Great run and strategy on this one Roger!! Patton would be proud!
    Believe it or not, I actually played a little stubbornly, when there is a better strategy.
    The bad weather conditions really make it harder to fight, so when you get snow or something, just stay ahead of the enemy tanks and don't fight, wait for a better day!

You can tell during the first couple of nights what I mean about using the radar to fight, instead of the viewscreen, that part of the strategy definitely helps-I think using mostly the radar is why I am kinda able to fight in bad weather too.

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
Join us