Atari 2600 / VCS - Spider Fighter - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 51,550 - Roger 111

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Spider Fighter - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 51,550 - Roger 111

10-15-2019, 06:21 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2177
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message

Hardware/Serttings in beginning, game at 19:30.

Didn't expect I'd ever get this one, plugged it in determined to try my hardest-pretty sure I can get the 900k on it now, soon as I get that beer helmet I was talking about.
    :)
    Blew the game because frankly I didn't expect to go on this long, had no idea what the scores were I was trying to "beat", except 30k for the patch(and even there I wasn't sure if it was 35k...).
    Patches in batches, woo!!!
    Tried an impromptu Tarantula appearance at the end, she wasn't cooperating, seemed a little ornery so I let her be...wanted to reinforce that I'm a spider lover, not a Spider Fighter, but you know, if something is trying to shoot you, you gotta try to shoot it back...
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
  2. 10-15-2019, 06:26 PM
    Here's the T I was trying to show off-is a G. pulchra, "Brazilian Black". Gets huge, dinner-plate sized, is solid deep black, and is purported to be the pussycat of all the Tarantulas, a super friendly, gentle species.
    And ignorantly expensive, but I got mine as a tiny, tiny baby for cheap.

Name is "23"-that's not a generic "number name", was my Grandpas cb radio handle in the 80's, lol, and is a long story.
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 10-18-2019, 10:50 PM
    Run begins at 19:25. You should rename your black tarantula "Patches".

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 10-19-2019, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post

Accepted.
    Haha!

There is very much something scientific behind what you said-They(G. pulchra)are known to grow very slowly, and don't fully "black out" until mature.
    Again, a "prize" spider, but when I first got it, it was thumbnail size, and looked like a B. albo(cheap spider, but one of the BEST), tawny brown, "ugly", I thought I had gotten ripped off, but it's slowly but surely becoming all black.

I RARELY handle them, but you can tell from the vid how inordinantly cooperative this one is.
    Winter sucks.
  5. 10-19-2019, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post

Accepted.
    And...
    As I was reading my previous reply, I got the joke.
    It flew right over my head there for a sec.
    Patches...
    :P
    Winter sucks.
    Likes stygian liked this post
  6. 10-19-2019, 07:14 AM
    Voting yes accepted
    Game starts at 14:31 left on the video
    Game settings begin at 33:43 left on the videoName:  image.png
Views: 26
Size:  528.3 KB
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Spider Fighter - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 51,550 Final score is at :38 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 29
Size:  646.7 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. 10-19-2019, 11:53 AM
    Awesome run Roger!! Another day, another patch!
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Join us