NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Starship Hector - NTSC - Points - 2 Minute Mode - 374,000 - Sascha Berkel

Is this a valid score?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Starship Hector - NTSC - Points - 2 Minute Mode - 374,000 - Sascha Berkel

10-21-2019, 04:24 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Points - 2 Minute Mode
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=118891
    Rules
    Special Rules: None
    Submission Message
    I have played the Famicom version called Hector '87 on an AV Famicom with the dogbone controller. Therefore I didn't use a turbo controller or any other kind of turbo function. This should also be obvious from my shooting speed in the accompanying video.
    The foto was taken from the highscore screen. I could also offer a foto where I put a piece of paper with my username under the screen.
    The footage was captured via the VCR under the TV, then burned onto a DVD and processed on the computer. I did not cut any parts of the video. Therefore it starts with the title screen and two failed attempts. My run, where I eventually achieved this highscore, starts at 01:48.
    If anything else is unclear or required, please let me know.

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
  2. 10-22-2019, 07:55 AM
    Hi and welcome to TG. The game play looks great, but it may be hard to convince members to vote yes on this submission, because it is a direct feed and we can't see the console or even the boot up.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  3. 10-22-2019, 10:12 AM
    Hi, and thank you for the welcome.
    Unfortunately I do not quite understand. What else do I have to submit or show? Isn't the boot up of the console the part right at the beginning, where the screen flashes and the title screen is being displayed? I was sure that I also had a foto of the console and the score screen attached, but somehow it does not show up anymore. So I uploaded it again.
    How else should I record the footage?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  4. 10-22-2019, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia Gensouki View Post
    Isn't the boot up of the console the part right at the beginning, where the screen flashes and the title screen is being displayed?
    It is hard to tell if that is the console starting or the VCR starting. If you can record for several seconds before turning on the Famicom, it might be more obvious?

I was sure that I also had a foto of the console and the score screen attached, but somehow it does not show up anymore. So I uploaded it again.
    Adding the photo is helpful, yes.
  5. 10-23-2019, 03:46 PM
    Hi, and thank you for the welcome.
    Unfortunately I do not quite understand. What else do I have to submit or show? Isn't the boot up of the console the part right at the beginning, where the screen flashes and the title screen is being displayed? I was sure that I also had a foto of the console and the score screen attached, but somehow it does not show up anymore. So I uploaded it again.
    How else should I record the footage?
    I thing I have found effective is to simply look at literally any other score that has passed the adjudication process to determine what is or is not expected.
  6. 11-27-2019, 04:46 PM
    Very nice performance. As others have said, though, need a little more added to the submission package. I like to set up a camera and direct feed on most of my submissions. In the worst case, it is camera only (phone camera, actual camera...as long as it provides enough resolution for hardware details and score to be captured legibly).

If doing both direct feed and camera, I start both recordings simultaneously, and use the camera to document the hardware. For consoles, document the hardware first. For arcade, document the hardware last. But either way, the camera footage needs to be contiguous, including the hardware documentation and gameplay footage.

Good luck! Hoping to see a re-performance with proper documentation.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Likes RaGe liked this post
Join us