TI-99 / 4A - Parsec - NTSC - Points - 118,700 - Lars Sørensen

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-08-2019, 07:25 AM
    Being from Denmark, you're most likely using a PAL system. This score track is for NTSC systems (the 50hz / 60hz speed difference is the reason the scores are kept separate). There actually doesn't appear to be a PAL score track for this game. You could set one up yourself and be the first to submit, if you like.

A quick look at the Ti scores, and it seems not all games have a a region listed..which is weird. But this one does, so the region should be adhered to.

Btw, disregard if that actually is an NTSC system you're using :)
    Thanks LFS thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  2. 11-08-2019, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Being from Denmark, you're most likely using a PAL system. This score track is for NTSC systems (the 50hz / 60hz speed difference is the reason the scores are kept separate). There actually doesn't appear to be a PAL score track for this game. You could set one up yourself and be the first to submit, if you like.

A quick look at the Ti scores, and it seems not all games have a a region listed..which is weird. But this one does, so the region should be adhered to.

Btw, disregard if that actually is an NTSC system you're using :)
    Yea, would be nice to have that info. Ti-99/4A is hard to separate to NTSC/PAL with an naked eye (some difference on the game screen hight?). Abstaining until further info is provided.
  3. 11-09-2019, 06:29 PM
    Hmm, the pal thing didn't even cross my mind.
  4. 11-09-2019, 08:11 PM
    Hey Lars! Welcome to TwinGalaxies! Can you confirm the hardware region as PAL or NTSC? If it ends up being PAL, let me know, and I will be happy to create a PAL track for this title if there isn't one already created for you.
    Likes nads, RaGe liked this post
  5. 11-10-2019, 11:02 PM
    Hi Garrett,

This score was played on a PAL system, so please create (if needed) a PAL line for this system / game. But please be aware, I have a NTSC system as well and I can´t see or feel any difference. Perhaps this is related to my voltage converter (step down) but I still get a “nice” correct NTSC picture using the converter. If i do the same on a Commodore C64 NTSC / PAL setup there is notable difference in speed (game) on the two systems. So my feeling (I am NOT an expert on the TI configuration) is that the signal out (PAL / NTSC) is done in the external box and there is no difference in the specifications in the main unit / or the unit (power supply?) is fixing the region issues.

Should I start every video confirming witch system (PAL / NTSC) that this specific score is done on, and should everyone else? If you look at the TI99 scores I would guess that some of them are done on PAL systems.

Would it be possible to join the two sections (PAL / NTSC) at a later stage, if the experts confirms that there are no difference (speed or performance) on the two systems?
  6. 11-16-2019, 09:09 AM
    Hi All,

I have replayed Parsec a “few” times on my PAL system and made some new and higher scores.

At the moment 330.900 is my best score, so I need to know if I should kill this post and make a new one on the better score.

And should this be in a new PAL section where this and other scores made on PAL systems are moved to.

Check out the high score video:

Could any one advice me in the right direction?
  7. 11-20-2019, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Hey Lars! Welcome to TwinGalaxies! Can you confirm the hardware region as PAL or NTSC? If it ends up being PAL, let me know, and I will be happy to create a PAL track for this title if there isn't one already created for you.
    Hi Garrett,

Could you help with a PAL track so I could upload my (new) Parsec score in the right section?

Your help is great appreciated!!
  8. 11-20-2019, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LFS View Post
    Hi Garrett,

Could you help with a PAL track so I could upload my (new) Parsec score in the right section?

Your help is great appreciated!!
    Absolutely! It will be added and accessible momentarily ...
  9. 11-20-2019, 01:18 PM
  10. 11-21-2019, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    TG requires the video evidence to be uploaded directly to the site. You should be able to find an option for "add video evidence" to this submission, and can upload your video through that.

Unfortunately, due to issues in the past with videos on external websites being deleted, this is a requirement. But please upload it, because I want to see this submission accepted!
    Just a heads' up. This sub was miscategorized. I have assisted the player by created the appropriate track, and player has a new sub under the correct track. You may want to reconsider your vote. I believe he'll be asking adjudicators to vote no on this, as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us