This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 5200 - Robotron: 2084 - Points - 91,200 - Roger 111

11-12-2019, 10:35 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2208
    Rules
    Single-player game.
    Players must use the game's default settings upon boot-up (e.g. Difficulty: 1).
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, run at 8:00.
    Trademark infringement at 10:00, sorry 'bout that...
    :P
    100k would have been nice, but happy with this, top 5 was my goal.
    Being able to strafe would make this game a helluvalot easier, especially after sorta remembering the proper strategy mid run(get them to chase you in a circle, I guess...).
    I'm too lazy/unresourceful to rig up something to hold my two controllers together-I guess there's a manufactured part that does that as well, but as interesting as it sounds, I don't think it's usefull enough to put "on my list"-I dunno tho, there are several good 5200 games that benefit from it.

Playing like this, I think this is a decent score, considering the huge handicap, and the game is perfectly fun, even if you aren't quite getting the full effect.
    Wasn't really part of my(nonexistent, really)"plan", bit I may hit this on 7800 soon, it's one I do have, and it's pretty fun as well, much higher scoring, from what I remember.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland, Fordy liked this post
  2. 11-13-2019, 05:40 AM
    Very impressive run on a very tough cart!! Accepted!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 11-13-2019, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Very impressive run on a very tough cart!! Accepted!
    This port seems particularly tough, but for a game I've pretty much ignored till now, it really is fun and doesn't seem to resemble any other game can think of, one of the more original Arcade titles, IMO.

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 11-13-2019, 07:17 AM
    I need to get a 5200. never owned one. accepted!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 11-13-2019, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kerr View Post
    I need to get a 5200. never owned one. accepted!
    I would encourage it-
    No way around it, the controller is a struggle-it doesn't autocenter, is really the main problem, if you are moving one direction you have to literally stop yourself if you want to stop, simply letting off pressure on the stick doesn't do it.

I'm looking into the WICO solution, there IS a slightly better control set up, and it was available in the "way back", so it seems "fair" to use, to me, I dunno.

Don't go all out, just keep your eyes open-I don't think you want to pay too much for one, as you may be disappointed, but if you see one for a fair price, no reason not to snag it!

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us