Atari 2600 / VCS - Starmaster - NTSC - Game 4: StarMaster (Points) - 9,281 - Patrick Larocque

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Starmaster - NTSC - Game 4: StarMaster (Points) - 9,281 - Patrick Larocque

11-12-2019, 11:59 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Game 4: StarMaster (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5593
    Rules
    This is for most points on the StarMaster game level.
    The difficulty switches can be left in either position but must not be moved during gameplay.
    Submission Message
    Run starts at 08:57
    This was a tough one!! Again not the best run I'm sure, but happy I was able to get through it and get the last patch score for this cart!
    Thanks for watching!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  2. 11-13-2019, 03:51 AM
    Flying blindly right from the start then put up some great shooting after the first docking.

Outstanding performance… Accepted!!!

Well-deserved patch. Not many can say they earned this one.

Name:  Starmaster_WingCommander_Patch.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.6 KB
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 11-13-2019, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDeg View Post
    Flying blindly right from the start then put up some great shooting after the first docking.

Outstanding performance… Accepted!!!

Well-deserved patch. Not many can say they earned this one.

Name:  Starmaster_WingCommander_Patch.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.6 KB

This is the patch you earned… Starmaster!

Name:  Starmaster_Starmaster_patch.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  41.2 KB
    Thanks Pat Larocque, Rogerpoco thanked this post
  4. 11-13-2019, 05:15 AM
    Agree with Greg, this one is surely one of the tougher ones!

Congrats, Accepted!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 11-13-2019, 07:18 PM
    Nice recovery after a couple of two-shotter crappers LOL! I thought you were going to have another short one when your shields went out, then your lasers, but then I have a feeling you said to yourself, "uh uh .. screw that ... heading to the base", then relatively smooth sailing the rest of the way! Great laser efficiency, too ... didn't waste a bunch of shots. That's key! Accepted!
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  6. 11-14-2019, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Nice recovery after a couple of two-shotter crappers LOL! I thought you were going to have another short one when your shields went out, then your lasers, but then I have a feeling you said to yourself, "uh uh .. screw that ... heading to the base", then relatively smooth sailing the rest of the way! Great laser efficiency, too ... didn't waste a bunch of shots. That's key! Accepted!
    Thanks Garrett!! This was definitely the definition of 'squeeze the cheeks and hope for the best LOL!'. I almost did reset it after the shields and lasers went out but realized after the first few runs that they all bunched up at the bottom right corner so I was pretty confident that I would still be able to find the ships without the radar in that area (it was just a matter of surviving through the first inital couple waves). That being said I've played this a few more times since, and I'm thinking it might not be possible to finish game 4 without losing at least one base. (Although I could be wrong, lots more 'exploring' left to do on this one).
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 11-14-2019, 11:14 AM
    Accepted!!
  8. 11-16-2019, 06:32 AM
    You have a real knack for these Starmaster tracks. Good run, commander.

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Pat Larocque liked this post
  9. 11-16-2019, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    You have a real knack for these Starmaster tracks. Good run, commander.

Accepted.
    No lie, I have tried games 3 and 4 a few times now-completing either one is no joke, and doing it with a good score is nearly impossible.

I do believe in "skilluck", but not so much on this game, you have to be on point!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
Join us