Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 7800 - Robotron: 2084 - Points - 319,525 - Roger 111

11-12-2019, 03:22 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2213
    Rules
    Players must use the game's default settings upon boot-up (1 Player, Intermediate).
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, attempt at 7:20.
    I did rig two 7800 sticks together and gave this a try-it felt "right", I just couldn't get the hang of it-like 5200, this is the best I can do with one stick.

Not sure I ever played this game IRL at the arcade, but @Snowflake has an ongoing discussion about which arcade machines would be good ones to own(LOL-which is NOT where he intended the discussion to go, definitely my fault...), and I'm not sure that this wouldn't be a good one-again, I'm having trouble with the idea of two joysticks, but if one owned it and was comitted, this is a fantastic game, you are on the edge of overexcited all the time, it's frenetic!

Thanks Everyone!!!

@Kelly Kerr -
    I do fantastic stuff sometimes, but not so much on this yet-not sure either of us can push to the next spot on the scoreboard, but would be proud if you took another shot sometime, just to kick my old ass!

Likes RaGe, Pat Larocque liked this post
  2. 11-12-2019, 08:23 PM
    You should get away from those 7800 sticks. They're horrible. For most games, I use the European 7800 pad that's similar to an NES pad. For Robotron.....Wico's, baby..yea :D
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 11-12-2019, 08:25 PM
    Good job.........Accepted!
  4. 11-12-2019, 11:35 PM
    Definitely I would get a Robotron cabinet. One of my favourites!!

Robotron, Tapper, Frogger, Tron and Chexx.

Decent run!!! That's what's so great about the game - non/stop action. I always felt that Those squiggly lines being the toughest opponent on the screen was a little unfair!!

Accepted !!

Likes Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  5. 11-13-2019, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    You should get away from those 7800 sticks. They're horrible. For most games, I use the European 7800 pad that's similar to an NES pad. For Robotron.....Wico's, baby..yea :D
    Looking into a WICO for the 5200-if I'm not mistaken it actually has a nine-pin connector, like 2600/7800, and plugs into the 5200 with a Y-connector, so mebbe it will work?

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  6. 11-13-2019, 07:12 AM
    I'm working on another submission for this game. Its been difficult. I have a score of 298k that I have not submitted because I get to a point where everything just starts falling apart, one death after another. I feel like I can do better if i can get my controller to behave. I made a makeshift controller with two of the 7800 sticks. Good score!
  7. 11-13-2019, 07:14 AM
    Impressive with one controller by the way. I really think to key to scoring on this game is collecting as many of the humans as possible. They eventually put up some big points.
  8. 11-13-2019, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kerr View Post
    Impressive with one controller by the way. I really think to key to scoring on this game is collecting as many of the humans as possible. They eventually put up some big points.
    I had two controllers taped together, seemed 100% solid(I used metal strips under the tape, "between" the controllers, stabilized them well), but I just couldn't get the hang of it-it WORKED, and was "right", but my brain couldn't quite get on track for it.

Yeah, and I think both of us are coming up just short of another board with more humans than usual, "bonus board", whatever, might add 100k to our scores!

Good Luck on it-I'm just "random Atariing", we don't know each other too well yet, but I promise, it occurred to me, "Kelly will have fun trying to get back past me, I think"-is just nice to have a "reachable" goal on something you enjoy!

Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
  9. 11-13-2019, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Looking into a WICO for the 5200-if I'm not mistaken it actually has a nine-pin connector, like 2600/7800, and plugs into the 5200 with a Y-connector, so mebbe it will work?

Thanks!!!
    I don't own one for my 5200, but I think it may have male pins. To work on the 2600 and 7800 it would need to be a female connection (The Y connector's purpose is to hook up the regular 5200 stick to it for use of the keypad and start button). If that was a deciding factor of you purchasing it, you may want to look into it to be sure.
  10. 11-16-2019, 07:33 PM
    Great run!! This one looks even more intense than the 5200 port!
    Accepted!!
Join us