Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 183,980 - Roger 111

Is this a valid score?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 183,980 - Roger 111

    11-13-2019, 03:53 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:


    NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3794
    Rules
    One-player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this title.
    Note that players are awarded an extra Life when they accrue 75,000 points.

    Submission Message

    Hardware/Settings in beginning, only one attempt.
    First, that screenshot...
    Ugh, lol. Bad place to die...
    :P
    I rescued the Girl, Woo-Hoo!!!
    I really didn't play this terribly long before getting the hang of it, sorta, it seemed impossible to play at first but it turns out to be a pretty good game-it loops thru five levels, my goal was only 100k, which seemed like the number needed to get to the Girl and rescue her, another goal.
    Still can't believe I'm able to loop games like this, I know is everyday business for most, but still feels new to me.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

  2. 11-13-2019, 03:58 PM
    This was, BTW the last Activision title I physically own that I didn't have some form of score on, good, bad, or ugly.

    @Pat Larocque -
    Before this run I was sure the last Boss was gonna take a day or two, was gonna sub a score where I fought but didn't beat the Boss, see if you wanted to race for it, but now mebbe you can try for two loops!
    :P
    (I'm actually done for now, cool game tho, "no reason not to".)
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland, Pat Larocque liked this post
  3. 11-13-2019, 06:43 PM
    wtg, Roger! It looks like you made quick work of those bosses, and the dudes with the knives gave you more of a hard time than the final boss did! LOL! Lookin' like a natural, bro. This port also looks and sounds similar to the arcade. I haven't played this one yet, but it doesn't look too bad! Accepted!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Pat Larocque liked this post
  4. 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    wtg, Roger! It looks like you made quick work of those bosses, and the dudes with the knives gave you more of a hard time than the final boss did! LOL! Lookin' like a natural, bro. This port also looks and sounds similar to the arcade. I haven't played this one yet, but it doesn't look too bad! Accepted!
    It's not entirely unlike Tutankham, in the looping, and kinda having different strategies for the different levels-
    It seems like the knife %^&*#$* are especially aggressive on the third stage.

    I'm sure there is solid strategy, but it seems to come down to luck just a tiny bit, whether a knife %^&*$* chases you and smacks you with three knives in a row...

    "NES Kid", like I told ya, and this was an important one on it, everyone seemed to have it-
    I HATED it!!!
    :P

    But this game really is playable, "outside my box", but I've done a lot of that lately-I'm honestly more than impressed, it's really decent.
    The Punch/Kick controls are pretty tough, I really don't know wth I am throwing usually, lol, but as long as it connects, it's good...

    Thanks!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Likes Garrett Holland, Pat Larocque liked this post
  5. 11-14-2019, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    This was, BTW the last Activision title I physically own that I didn't have some form of score on, good, bad, or ugly.

    @Pat Larocque -
    Before this run I was sure the last Boss was gonna take a day or two, was gonna sub a score where I fought but didn't beat the Boss, see if you wanted to race for it, but now mebbe you can try for two loops!
    :P
    (I'm actually done for now, cool game tho, "no reason not to".)
    Great run Roger!! I remember trying this one out when I was younger, also remember not even being able to get through the first couple dudes on the first level LOL! Definitely will give this one a try, not sure if I'll be able to get through one loop though let alone two!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 11-14-2019, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Great run Roger!! I remember trying this one out when I was younger, also remember not even being able to get through the first couple dudes on the first level LOL! Definitely will give this one a try, not sure if I'll be able to get through one loop though let alone two!
    Same results when I was "younger", but for me only a year younger or so, lol!
    (I tried this when I got it recently, it didn't go well).

    The only difference this time-I'm really trying to give myself "permission" lately-sometimes "you" is the only thing stopping you from doing what you want, I think.

    Keebler gives some good strategy ideas for the Bosses, they do have predictable behaviors which can be taken advantage of.

    AH, just picking at ya-I figured you'd have to try this one sooner or later anyway.

    Because it was already a known game, I have to say this feels less like an Activision game than any other I've played, even Commando...

    Good Luck if you give it a go!!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 11-14-2019, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Same results when I was "younger", but for me only a year younger or so, lol!
    (I tried this when I got it recently, it didn't go well).

    The only difference this time-I'm really trying to give myself "permission" lately-sometimes "you" is the only thing stopping you from doing what you want, I think.

    Keebler gives some good strategy ideas for the Bosses, they do have predictable behaviors which can be taken advantage of.

    AH, just picking at ya-I figured you'd have to try this one sooner or later anyway.

    Because it was already a known game, I have to say this feels less like an Activision game than any other I've played, even Commando...

    Good Luck if you give it a go!!!!
    Reading the manual now LOL!!.....Turns out it's a snow day today and my son's home from school so I might have to wait my turn on this one today!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  8. 11-14-2019, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Reading the manual now LOL!!.....Turns out it's a snow day today and my son's home from school so I might have to wait my turn on this one today!
    Another thing(you'll figure this out)-
    The knife Guys are really smart-OR really stupid(and they don't seem to be worth points, either...).
    If one tries to run away, let it, and you'll even kinda figure out how to sometimes trick them into leaving(you'll see).
    Basically, try to avoid the knife Guys, if at all possible.

    Good Luck, definitely one yur Son will like, I think!!!
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  9. 11-14-2019, 11:11 AM
    Accepted!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  10. 11-15-2019, 02:42 PM
    Voting yes accepted
    Game starts at left on the video
    Game settings begin at 8:58 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 18
Size:  536.8 KB
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 183,980 Final score is at :26 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 18
Size:  258.0 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us