Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 199,520 - Patrick Larocque

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 199,520 - Patrick Larocque

11-14-2019, 11:17 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3794
    Rules
    One-player game.
    Difficulty switches are not used in this title.
    Note that players are awarded an extra Life when they accrue 75,000 points.

Submission Message
    Run starts at 12:54
    Just short of looping it twice!!
    Thanks for watching!

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 11-14-2019, 02:25 PM
    Awesome!!!
    Two loops or not, you definitely stepped up to the challenge!!!
    :)

Our score difference isn't as big as it should be, you really seem to be in control, where I was really scrambling, and you learned it quick-you could push this one pretty high, I bet.
    Definitely one to revisit in the future!!!

What did you think?
    I'm really thinking, trying to be as objective as I can, that it's an "Oh, My, that's really good!" game, considering the age of the hardware?

Accepted!!!

(Still-no actual set Patch score on this one, but I'm gonna call "Two Loops", just so we have to come back to it one day!!!)
    :P
    Lack of outgoing PM's lately=Seasonal Affective Disorder, lasts a couple weeks.
    Winter sucks.
    Thanks Pat Larocque thanked this post
    Likes Pat Larocque, Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 11-14-2019, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Awesome!!!
    Two loops or not, you definitely stepped up to the challenge!!!
    :)

Our score difference isn't as big as it should be, you really seem to be in control, where I was really scrambling, and you learned it quick-you could push this one pretty high, I bet.
    Definitely one to revisit in the future!!!

What did you think?
    I'm really thinking, trying to be as objective as I can, that it's an "Oh, My, that's really good!" game, considering the age of the hardware?

Accepted!!!

(Still-no actual set Patch score on this one, but I'm gonna call "Two Loops", just so we have to come back to it one day!!!)
    :P
    Thanks Roger!! Was surprised that I did pick this one so quickly and would have to agree it looks GREAT for a 2600 cart but unfortunately the more I'm playing this the more I find it's 'un-playable' to a certain point. Looks fantastic but I find the controls are horrible to the point where it's more frustrating than fun I find. There's been quite a few runs where the hits aren't even registering to the point of almost being in like a 'frozen' state.....should've posted the run before this one to show an example....three men in a row, clearly kicking him right in the face over and over and it did nothing except drain my energy all three times right in a row.

I might try this one a few more times but honestly I don't see myself spending too much more time on it. Was a blast learning it though, thanks for giving me the heads-up on this one!!
    Might give it another try in the future but feeling pretty 'over it' for the time being LOL!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 11-15-2019, 07:37 AM
    Accepted!!
    Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  5. 11-15-2019, 03:38 PM
    Voting yes accepted
    Game starts at 8:58 left on the video
    Game settings begin at 21:41 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 20
Size:  566.7 KB
    : Atari 2600 / VCS - Kung Fu Master - NTSC - Game 1 (Points) - 199,520 Final score is at :24 left on the video Name:  image.png
Views: 23
Size:  450.1 KB
  6. 11-16-2019, 09:10 PM
    Holy crap! WTH happened at 20:38? I didn't even see you get hit with anything, and you went from full health to none in 1 second flat! Sheesh! Filthy knifers >:-( Great score, Patrick! Accepted.
    Likes Pat Larocque, nads liked this post
  7. 11-16-2019, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Holy crap! WTH happened at 20:38? I didn't even see you get hit with anything, and you went from full health to none in 1 second flat! Sheesh! Filthy knifers >:-( Great score, Patrick! Accepted.
    Thinking he had a semi-automatic knife-thrower!! I found it's even more savage on the EMU, kind of glad didn't have a mic setup when I was playing, my poor kid learned a few new words on that run I'm sure!
    Likes nads liked this post
  8. 11-16-2019, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Larocque View Post
    Thinking he had a semi-automatic knife-thrower!!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!
  9. 11-17-2019, 12:05 AM
    Those knife throwers shows no mercy. Kwai Chang Caine would be impressed… Accepted!!!

Watch after 199,320. You should have been given more than 200 points for the fighters you killed.
    Likes Garrett Holland, Pat Larocque, nads liked this post
Join us