ColecoVision / Adam - Space Fury - NTSC/PAL - Skill 2 - 92,720 - Angela Stefanski

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. ColecoVision / Adam - Space Fury - NTSC/PAL - Skill 2 - 92,720 - Angela Stefanski

11-15-2019, 03:30 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Skill 2
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5366
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no diffference between the two on the ColecoVision Video Game Console.
    Submission Message
    Breaking in my ColecoVision for Twin Galaxies! Console is connected to the TV via composite video mod. Audio is... through the webcam because in my excitement I forgot to adjust my receiver's audio out to the right settings. :(
    If anyone has any suggestions as to why the vertical lines in the video output, I'd be appreciative - I've checked all the mod connections, nothing seems bad there. But as I had to rebuild the power switch and replace the controller port IC, wouldn't be surprising if there's some other components that needs a change.
    Anyway...
    System, controller, and cartridge shown at beginning. Skill 2 chosen at :55
    Only one attempt in the video.

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 11-15-2019, 05:19 PM
    Well, that's impressive!!!

No question, not a game one could "pick up and play" and hope for a skillucky score, you really know what you are doing there!

This is ported, homebrew, to the Vectrex, and really is a lot of fun.

Congrats, Accepted!!!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  3. 11-15-2019, 06:45 PM
    Accepted....
  4. 11-15-2019, 11:27 PM
    Looks like the console's caps may need to be replaced.

Accepted!
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 11-16-2019, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Looks like the console's caps may need to be replaced.

Accepted!
    That was a suspicion of mine. I'll have to pop it open and go through and check the caps and see if any look bad. Might wait for a while though, enjoy the system that I had disassembled for a month and a half before going back and doing another round of work on it.
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 11-17-2019, 10:03 AM
    Great score on a very fun cart!! Accepted!
  7. 11-17-2019, 11:57 AM
    Looks like a simple but fun game. Approved and accepted.
  8. 11-18-2019, 05:51 PM
    Looks like this submission is well taken care of, but I wanted to offer my acceptance on another great run and ColecoVision title!

As a slight aside, what equipment are you using for your set-up? I'm still using an "over the shoulder" camera view for submissions, which is okay but maybe it's time for an upgrade.
  9. 11-18-2019, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Looks like this submission is well taken care of, but I wanted to offer my acceptance on another great run and ColecoVision title!

As a slight aside, what equipment are you using for your set-up? I'm still using an "over the shoulder" camera view for submissions, which is okay but maybe it's time for an upgrade.
    My general setup is a fancy Pioneer Elite receiver that I was lucky to get an open box deal on, one that has Zone 2 support (2nd HDMI video and audio out ports). Those are run over to my PC, through a HDMI splitter that "accidentally" strips the HDCP protection that the receiver puts on ALL of it's output signals, then to both one of my monitors, and into my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable capture device, with the audio going into the PC line in. If I can get it into the receiver, I can get it captured. The receiver has all the composite, component, and HDMI video ports needed to connect everything up, with component and composite switch boxes to run in anything I need. (This is also why when I'm sitting at my PC desk, you'll see the game on the TV in the background too. I like it, as it's one more piece to make adjudication easier.)

Then, installed the composite video mod from RetroFixes in the CV, giving me the video out I needed. I also have mods for both the Atari 7800 and Intellivision, but just haven't installed them yet. That'll allow me direct capture of everything I own other than the DS.
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
  10. 11-18-2019, 06:47 PM
    Accepted!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us