Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - EMU - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 1,000,000

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - EMU - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 1,000,000

11-21-2019, 11:07 AM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - EMU - Game 1 (Points)
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=23804
    Rules
    One-player game.
    The difficulty switches serve no function in this game.
    Player Name
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    DVD
    Verification Date
    2006-05-03
    Disputed Score
    1,000,000 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Marcade
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This is one of those max-out games, that just CANNOT be maxed out under NORMAL PLAYING CONDITIONS! Unless you MANIPULATE the game, in order to achieve it.

No questions asked!

As a 300,000 player myself, and as other top scores under NTSC, there comes a point in time where it is simply in-humanly impossible to achieve ANOTHER 700,000 points for the 1,000,000 maxout.

Gamer under this dispute either used:

1) An EMU TAS program
    2) or simply SLOWED down the Frame rate speed WAY BELOW. the 50 FPS (PAL setting) or the 60 FPS (NTSC) rule that has been intact today.

An example of a TAS run, in order to achieve 1,000,000. Courtesy of TG gamer- Glen Sampson.

2. 11-21-2019, 11:17 AM
    i had considered disputing this one myself, but i didnt want to deal with the "wah wah but you dont have 100% proof". so some points for people.

the last exra life you get is 990,000. also this score would take roughly and hour. This would mean rodrigo played a near perfect game for almost an hour, get an extra life at 990,000 mean had at least one extra life in reserve if not more and then stopped at exactly 10,000 more points. so either
    1. he suddenly lost skill in the final moments at the exact moment of roll over -- most improbably of all scenarios
    2. he choose to end at that score -- still difficult. the game moves so fast it would be tough not to get one extra point, not to mention the difficult every step of the way watching the score and playing
    3. he submitted a lower score than what he earned just cause he enjoyed rounding -- he was a ref, and alledgly rounding shouldnt be viewed as a big deal so cant rule that out
    4. he played under wrong settings thereby making everything easier, and then chose an exact number to be cool -- its interesting billy mitchel was often accused of poor sportsmanship for stopping at an exact score even when his records were believed valid, yet other refs did it regularly and noone called that poor sportsmanship.
    5. the score is made up competely -- i dont believe this. too much of a risk since for all he knew the game maxed at 999,999 like some other games that give otherwise impossible digits for a maxout

at the end of the day i cant speculate for sure where the score comes from, and of course there may be possibilites i missed, but yeah this one never quite sat right with me
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  3. 11-21-2019, 11:23 AM
    Not only is the score pretty much impossible the player in question also somehow stopped right at a million points just like Todd Rogers.
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  4. 11-21-2019, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Not only is the score pretty much impossible the player in question also somehow stopped right at a million points just like Todd Rogers.
    Close!!!

Todd Rogers claimed a 999,900... Then stopped... (as the game rolls over)
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...=1#post1061761

Maybe Rodrigo had possession of those "one of a kind" "SPECIAL MADE ROMS", just like Todd claimed to have one of those special made "carts".
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 11-21-2019, 11:47 AM
    todd's score would've appeared to be the highest dispalyable score if you only read the instructions. yes, if you look at the points of all enemies, you could imagine enemies in just the right combo giving 999,990. the only problem is, enemies MUST be killed in a specific order before next enemy spawns, as a result, only one enemy string of enemy combinations is possible, and as such 999,990 is actually impossible if you closely analyze the enemy spawns and points (or if you just play it for real or watch a tas). 1,000,000 however is possible. so this one is more analagous to todd's kaboom.
  6. 11-21-2019, 11:47 AM
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  7. 11-21-2019, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post

RTM REPLY - a good dispute link to share, especially the post by "Almighty Dreadlock" on page 16.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  119.5 KB
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 11-21-2019, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - a good dispute link to share, especially the post by "Almighty Dreadlock" on page 16.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  119.5 KB
    lol classic rtm, accusing people of crimes, but hiding behind others so you can say you accurately quoted him instead of making the accusation yourself.

i see your very very first post on this is to immediately make things person with wild accusations and divert from the subject matter again. so hypocritical too. calling people a stalker, yet you have a very creepy obsession with mitchel, cohen, and me for some reason. you calling anyone a stalker is the pot calling the kettle black. find a new hobby, learn to contribute something positive to this site, and stop trying to provoke an argument out of everything

fyi, i'm reporting this post as accusing people of a crime is serious, you've done that to roy enough. i am strongly urging jace to ban you for life just as walter learned he had to ban you for the safety of himself and tg.
  9. 11-21-2019, 02:08 PM
    can we get @Jace Hall 's feeling on using official dispute forum to falsely accuse people of serious crimes like RTM is currently doing?
  10. 11-21-2019, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    can we get @Jace Hall 's feeling on using official dispute forum to falsely accuse people of serious crimes like RTM is currently doing?

RTM REPLY - by ALL means do bother Jace...especially since it was not myself who wrote those words but another gamer.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us