Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - EMU - Game 1 (Points) - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 1,000,000

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-24-2019, 05:00 AM
    I thought about posting this in the Zelda dispute, but I didn't want to bump it lest people think that a "major update" was the reason, so I'm posting it here for reference/information purposes as it pertains generally to all past (pre-TGSAP) submissions:

Amazingly, the Wayback Machine archived a copy of the submission form that gamers were required to submit with their submissions. Fortunately, someone in a past discussion copied and pasted the link in a post, which was subsequently crawled.

Again, it's for general information purposes, if there's another section of the site that relates to past TG practices, I can post it there, too.

Interestingly, the form includes a disclaimer that tapes performances become the property of TG and that "I understand that my tape may be posted on the Internet for all to see," along with associated information about game challenges. It also includes an option for a gamer to request that their video not be posted due to use of unique "secret tactics" developed exclusively by the player in question. In real terms, this clause was richly abused thereby kneecapping the development of a public repository of game performance and development. Of course, there's the added wrinkle of possible abuse of citing "secret tactics" to prevent discovery of other forms of game/tape manipulation, but it at least didn't insulate a score from being challenged - it just made it a lot harder for the community to hold any review process accountable. All of that to say, I believe based on this form that the current TG can press ahead and begin to develop an on-line archive with past performances - any requests to take down videos would be assessed solely on the use of "secret tactics" that meet TG's criteria at its sole discretion.

Hmmm - I don't think I can upload a PDF directly to a post, so I'll include a hyperlink. If you have trouble downloading the zipped file (includes doc and PDF), let me know and I can send one to you directly.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100115...load.aspx?id=2
  2. 12-04-2019, 07:02 PM
    Do we really need to keep this dispute going since he's been banned and stripped of all his records?
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us