iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,048 - Joshua Beesley

Is this a valid score?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,048 - Joshua Beesley

11-24-2019, 07:03 AM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131967
    Rules
    You may play as any character
    Submission Message
    On 16th May 2019 I achieved a score of over 2000 on Crossy Road

I do not have a video as I didn't know how high I would get

Likes joshua_bee liked this post
  2. 11-24-2019, 11:56 AM
    Welcome to TG! We are always glad to see new players arrive and submit scores! Unfortunately, many new arrivals submit their first score (like I did earlier this year when I got here) without including the video elements necessary to receive the votes of most (all?) adjudicators, which for Android and iOS submissions would include a video capturing your home screen, the app starting, the entire game play, and the final score. I would recommend reading TG's "Guidelines for Recording a Video Game Score Performance" in the help section found HERE. It will give you a clear idea of what is looked for in a submission, or, simply review any one of thousands of accepted Android and iOS submissions to observe what's expected. Most of those elements are not "requirements", per se, they are recommendations. However, there is only one requirement, which is stated in the Official Guidelines as follows:
    "You must provide a comprehensive performance video of the score being achieved. The only video that can be considered as an official score performance is the video that you directly upload to Twin Galaxies."
    I have to vote no on this, but don't be discouraged. I would highly recommend just performing another run and submitting a video that contains some footage of the home screen, the app starting, the entire game play, and the final score, and your submission should fly through and be accepted.
    Here is a link to the main guidelines: --> https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...-TG-Guidelines
    Here is another link to section that discusses the one requirement (video upload) and recommended elements to include within the video that you will be uploading: --> https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...idence-package
    Thanks RonnieWeston, joshimoshi thanked this post
    Likes RonnieWeston, joshimoshi liked this post
  3. 11-24-2019, 12:25 PM
    Hi Joshua

As a rule on iOS I always record using the in-built ‘Screen Recorder'. This way you will catch every run. Be sure to check it every few runs to see it's still recording as some phone events stop the recording.

And check enough storage is available

World Record Crossy Road iOS points
    http://www.ronnieweston.com
    Insta videogamesforcharity
    Thanks joshimoshi thanked this post
    Likes joshimoshi, Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 11-24-2019, 12:51 PM
    Hi Garrett,

Unfortunately I do not have any video recording software on my iPad and it is so old that I can't download any other software.

If I enter a score for Android, can I send in a video of multiple runs so that I don't have to exit the game each time?

Or will I have to exit the game after each death so that it contains the home screen?

Many thanks,

Josh
  5. 11-24-2019, 01:06 PM
    Hi Ronnie,

How can I access the in-built screen recorder you were talking about?

I'm not sure if my iPad has it because it is very old.

Many thanks,

Josh
  6. 11-24-2019, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joshimoshi View Post
    If I enter a score for Android, can I send in a video of multiple runs so that I don't have to exit the game each time?

Or will I have to exit the game after each death so that it contains the home screen
    Great news! You can perform just one run within your video or 1 million runs LOL! However, if you do have multiple runs within the same video (I do it ALL THE TIME), it may serve you well to include a comment that contains timestamps of important events within the video like the time of the start of the run being submitted as the record run and perhaps even timestamping the end of the record run as well. As recommended earlier, feel free to look at other people's submissions on the scoreboard to get an idea. Or, look at literally any one of submissions ... every single one of them have timestamps in the comments. This allows an adjudicator to not have to suffer through 2 hours if footage to review a 5 minute run. They can simply confirm OS, home screen, game start, then simply skip ahead to your record run (or theyll do what I do and jump through incrementally to confirm no shenanigans occurred during the "dead time" (irrelevant period between setup and record run).

Hope that helps!
  7. 11-24-2019, 06:28 PM
    Uh .... i meant to say "look at any one of MY submissions", rather. Stupid keyboard XD
Join us