Arcade - Black Dragon - Points - 2,641,500 - Pete Hahn

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 12-27-2019, 10:28 PM
    I feel the need to weigh in here.

I have been to Funspot and played that board in 2010 and 2011. Everything looks exactly like I remember it. The game plays just like Black Dragon but it says Black Tiger. I honestly don't think it's a bootleg as another TG member once found another board like it and posted a picture of it. It looked legit. I could probably find the picture if someone was interested. I'm pretty sure I posted this info on one of the score dispute reviews.... Either on my score which was removed or Tri Force's which got moved to a different track. So I think there is another legit looking board in the wild that says Black Tiger and plays like Black Dragon.

I do agree the DIP settings are probably not right because of the shop prices. I can remember thinking that back in 2010 / 2011.

So overall, I would say Pete's game play is legit. I'd say the board is probably legit but rare. DIP settings are probably not right.

I'd say just keep the mystery alive. Score accepted.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 12-27-2019, 10:45 PM
    One more thought.

Really to be accurate and fair. I'd probably say the track should be changed. It's not really Black Dragon. I think it's a rare Black Tiger board that awards 1,000,000 at the end. I mean the title says "Black Tiger" yet we've classified it as "Black Dragon".

Some of the first scores ever submitted to Black Tiger were done on this board. So did the DIP setting rules come after the scores were set or before? I'd probably just make anyone who wants to submit for this Black Tiger 1,000,000 bonus for killing the last dragon score set it at Funspot or set the DIP settings to match the shop prices. (assuming you can find that same PCB)
  3. 01-06-2020, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertCoins View Post
    One more thought.

Really to be accurate and fair. I'd probably say the track should be changed. It's not really Black Dragon. I think it's a rare Black Tiger board that awards 1,000,000 at the end. I mean the title says "Black Tiger" yet we've classified it as "Black Dragon".

Some of the first scores ever submitted to Black Tiger were done on this board. So did the DIP setting rules come after the scores were set or before? I'd probably just make anyone who wants to submit for this Black Tiger 1,000,000 bonus for killing the last dragon score set it at Funspot or set the DIP settings to match the shop prices. (assuming you can find that same PCB)
    Sorry for the super super late correction; but a "rare Black Tiger board that awards 1,000,000 at the end" does not exist, this board is a bootleg combo of BT and BD, with gameplay closest to Black Dragon (More rocks, and rocks giving 30K base score.)

Saying this is Black Tiger is completely incorrect and would then make BT's score potential over 9,500,000.
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
  4. 01-07-2020, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu View Post
    Sorry for the super super late correction; but a "rare Black Tiger board that awards 1,000,000 at the end" does not exist, this board is a bootleg combo of BT and BD, with gameplay closest to Black Dragon (More rocks, and rocks giving 30K base score.)

Saying this is Black Tiger is completely incorrect and would then make BT's score potential over 9,500,000.
    Are you sure a legit Black Tiger board that plays like Black Dragon doesn't exist? Read the post from Shaun Dindale.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-M-A-M-E/page9

Granted he never really posted much. He did post an image of the board though and it didn't look like a bootleg or a Black Dragon board to me. I have some information on my score dispute review also:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...529#post915529
  5. 01-07-2020, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertCoins View Post
    Are you sure a legit Black Tiger board that plays like Black Dragon doesn't exist?
    yeah its a bootleg. Black Tiger is an export version which changed a lot of scoring aspects, such as the rock placement, rock value, boss value and patching the double KO on the last boss.

any version of black tiger that gives more than 10K on the last boss; and has Black Dragons' rock values and rock placements, is not black tiger.
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
  6. 01-07-2020, 04:58 PM
    This bootleg seems to have been dumped at some point:
    Name:  D66C103A-9611-4905-92AD-71EA8A066146.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  87.4 KB
  7. 01-07-2020, 09:18 PM
    Mixed Bootleg? That sums up this thread pretty well. "?"

So there's a ROM set that has been dumped that has the Black Tiger title screen but plays like Black Dragon. Is that correct?

My question would be does it have the big black Capcom chip and how do the ROMs look on the PCB. Does the PCB and ROMs have Capcom all over (legit) or do they have weird stuff (bootleg)? That is really the root question here.
  8. 01-21-2020, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Following TBT's confirmation that the PCB in question is a bootleg style game that combines elements of Black Dragon and Black Tiger, I think rather than reject this submission and then possibly dispute TriForce's score, there's also the (preferable?) option of asking TG Admin to clarify under "Additional Info" that the game is a Black Tiger bootleg. Since TriForce's inaugural score was set with the same PCB used in this submission, there's no risk that we're mixing two different games on the same track. Later the issue could be taken up with TG Admin about possible transfer of existing scores on this track to a newly minted track that aligns with title and PCB version.
    Agree with the above. This make sense.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
    Likes HAN liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Join us