Arcade - Black Dragon - Points - 2,641,500 - Pete Hahn

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 12-07-2019, 06:11 AM
    @admin staff can you DELETE my reply's 8,9,10,11 it repeated the reply's, this has happened quite a few times to me last few weeks, greatly appreciated.
    Thank You
    Happy Holiday's
    God Bless You

Arcade - Black Dragon - Points - 2,641,500 - Pete Hahn
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/newrepl...2983&noquote=1
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,803 Match Wins 49Cities
  2. 12-07-2019, 08:22 PM
    Nice job Pete. Great score!

Thanks HAN thanked this post
    Likes HAN liked this post
  3. 12-09-2019, 07:57 AM
    Very good! I await your 6m score
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
    Likes HAN liked this post
  4. 12-09-2019, 08:42 AM
    Since @JJT_Defender doesnt know how this game works cause his brain is a peanut.

The way the game difficulty works can be seen in gameplay by shop prices alone. as shown by these 2 pictures.
    Name:  mame64_CdsXFG9AFb.png
Views: 99
Size:  236.5 KB

As you can see, this picture is taken from the bootleg combo board shown in this video, and the prices are a little obscured but they can be made out. Keep an eye on the Key and 100zenny armor.

Name:  chrome_KX9OrthUis.png
Views: 96
Size:  404.1 KB

In this clip, you can see the prices match up completely to the screenshot, which is played in Difficulty 3, not default but idk why it says default anyway. As I said before, default on BT/BD is Difficulty 5 aka Normal, Japan plays BD on Difficulty 2 or 3 (I cant remember which.)

Anyway good run Pete, I await your 5-6M score on an actual BD board and not this weird bootleg lol

Once again, @JJT_Defender do some god damn research.
    Thanks Marcade, HAN, Fly thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, HAN, Fly liked this post
  5. 12-09-2019, 09:27 AM
    First and foremost, Mr, Hahn, congratulations on your score and playthrough.

The game Mr. Hahn played in neither Black Tiger or Black Dragon however it is a rather a weird hybrid of the two. This does nothing to diminish his talent, skill, or score on this board as it was a great run. This unit, however, is neither Black Dragon, as evidenced by the in-game title screen, or Black Tiger, as evidenced by the additional boulders, enemy placements, and other changes. The Difficulty level may be acceptable for Black Dragon but is not for Black Tiger, the drop in the price of the Trident from 4800 in Tiger to 3200 in Dragon is a significant change that eliminates one of the run-ending risks in Black Tiger.

If I had to be totally honest I would suggest that the unit Mr. Hahn played to be viewed as separate from either Black Tiger or Black Dragon. I want to repeat that this does nothing to take away from Mr. Hahn's accomplishment as it still remains a game with its' quirks, challenges, and heartaches. (3rd level double skull dungeon dive, Mr. Hahn knows what I am talking about and I know that pain) It just that this game, in all sincerity, is neither Black Tiger or Black Dragon.
    Likes Pearl2hu, HAN, Barra, EVN liked this post
  6. 12-09-2019, 09:38 AM
    A quick addition to the above post cementing this board as a different game/bootleg

The dips for this board are different compared to Black Dragon, no dip setting in BD has those shop prices, it's only this version.

Name:  mame64_wKW590LOYq.png
Views: 88
Size:  240.5 KB

Shown here is Black Dragon difficulty 3, everything is more expensive than the other boards' Difficulty 3.

Also for consistency, Difficulty 2 is as follows.

Name:  mame64_UO60l9q9Vf.png
Views: 88
Size:  240.5 KB

Neither of these shop prices match up from BD to the bootleg/other version
    Likes TBT__TheBigToe, HAN liked this post
  7. 12-09-2019, 10:06 AM
    @TBT__TheBigToe and @Pearl2hu - thank you for your responses and taking a look at my submission.

I don't know what board this is, as I didn't get to look at it while there. My only defense that this submission is valid is that it is known in the community that the current top score set by Triforce was not only done at Funspot on the same machine, but was also donated by Empire Arcadia, his organization.

This version of the game has all the gameplay elements of Black Dragon, but the title "Black Tiger", which casts suspicion it is a bootleg of some sort.

If my score does not pass adjudication for any reason, then the top score by Triforce should be placed under dispute for the same reasons.
  8. 12-09-2019, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    @TBT__TheBigToe and @Pearl2hu - thank you for your responses and taking a look at my submission.

I don't know what board this is, as I didn't get to look at it while there. My only defense that this submission is valid is that it is known in the community that the current top score set by Triforce was not only done at Funspot on the same machine, but was also donated by Empire Arcadia, his organization.

This version of the game has all the gameplay elements of Black Dragon, but the title "Black Tiger", which casts suspicion it is a bootleg of some sort.

If my score does not pass adjudication for any reason, then the top score by Triforce should be placed under dispute for the same reasons.
    The game is like this.

BT Dips
    BD Object Layout
    BD Bugs
    BT Logo
    BT Text
    BD Scoring

It's not known what other differences this game would have, but its neither BD or BT. IMO I'd like this to be it's own category, as for all intents and purposes, its a different game.

Also; the default settings for the game are wrong, BT and BD default to Difficulty 5 (Normal), this is played on Difficulty 3 (AKA Black Tiger Difficulty 3)

If this score gets disputed for this reason, Triforces score should 200% (yes 200) have the same fate as this.

(Also this is nothing against you at all, I just noticed right away the weird abnormalities and wanted to pitch in).

Lastly, this exact board is shown in mame as a bootleg PCB, everything about that ROM matches up to the video shown, including the dips
    so I'm not sure where to go from here; Maybe make a new category for this PCB?
    Likes HAN, TBT__TheBigToe liked this post
  9. 12-09-2019, 01:36 PM
    I guess this isn't going to be a good submission under this particular track?
  10. 12-09-2019, 09:11 PM
    Following TBT's confirmation that the PCB in question is a bootleg style game that combines elements of Black Dragon and Black Tiger, I think rather than reject this submission and then possibly dispute TriForce's score, there's also the (preferable?) option of asking TG Admin to clarify under "Additional Info" that the game is a Black Tiger bootleg. Since TriForce's inaugural score was set with the same PCB used in this submission, there's no risk that we're mixing two different games on the same track. Later the issue could be taken up with TG Admin about possible transfer of existing scores on this track to a newly minted track that aligns with title and PCB version.
    Likes TBT__TheBigToe liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us