Vzaar Video Url:
    Off Road
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1482
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Speed Buggy score: 125,000.
    I'm submitting this as an imperfect score in hopes that it will call some attention to the current ambiguous ruleset for the game. "Default settings" aren't clearly specified in the Speed Buggy manual (there are some asterisks next to certain settings, but it doesn't say that they are default settings). Furthermore, I'm not sure if the current high score from the 80s is actually doable on B/B.
    Does someone out there know the history of this game and the record? Are the settings correct?

Likes RTM, Barra, RaGe liked this post
  2. 11-30-2019, 10:26 PM
    In case it's not clear, please click on the picture above to start the youtube video.

It's attached here again for convenience:
  3. 11-30-2019, 10:48 PM
    Mike, "SincerelyFranny" will reply to the "Armored Car" thread after she looks into why you can't upload your video directly to TG as that applies to this performance as well.

Years back I encountered a female player of this title who told me that she had exceeded 130K many years prior when the game first came out so higher still is possible. There used to be TG records from David Nelson and Ken Sweet on file years back...unsure if they are still present or if others have since passed them up. Jason MIGHT have played this one as well years back.
  4. 12-03-2019, 08:51 AM
    Congrats, Mike, well done !! Way cool for 125 on the dot :)
  5. 12-03-2019, 02:49 PM
    I spent some time playing this with Brian Kuh a few years back, we were getting in the low hundreds but not your level of score. Looks like you found all the soccer balls and how to even get the ones that are in the center of the road without the other cars getting to it first. The only way you score higher is with more time left on the clock, and the only way to get that is with easier settings - more time to start with and awarded per lap.

Great game and variety of strategies to obtain a big score, lots of fun with the colors and music. I heard someone say that this game was even higher rated than pole position when they came out.
    Likes falcor781 liked this post
  6. 12-03-2019, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    I spent some time playing this with Brian Kuh a few years back, we were getting in the low hundreds but not your level of score. Looks like you found all the soccer balls and how to even get the ones that are in the center of the road without the other cars getting to it first. The only way you score higher is with more time left on the clock, and the only way to get that is with easier settings - more time to start with and awarded per lap.

Great game and variety of strategies to obtain a big score, lots of fun with the colors and music. I heard someone say that this game was even higher rated than pole position when they came out.
    Thanks Redelf - we missed you at FS this year!

I've been playing a more with a significantly different strategy I stumbled upon. With new techniques, I have two 128K games recorded -- with crashes. Once I get a significant improvement, I'll be sure to send a video and start streaming attempts on twitch.

Also, if nobody complains about this submission or the settings, I will start playing with the easier settings to get more time. I have an inclination that the 148K score used those easier settings, but without anyone to say one way or another, we'll never truly know. Having started playing with this new technique, I see the 148K as very difficult and impressive to do, but still doable. I may still not be playing with optimal strats -- hopefully I can discover something even better to share!
  7. 12-04-2019, 03:42 AM
    Great Score and Driving. Love to see this stuff still being enjoyed. Voted Yes from me.
  8. 01-19-2020, 01:12 AM
    VOTING YES. Great evidence! Thanks for showing the settings.

To your point, I can't see where anyone could glean an additional 23K points on top of this performance using the same settings. Theyre not there to get. Seems fishy. :-/
  9. 01-19-2020, 07:06 AM
    Name:  bb.JPG
Views: 5
Size:  21.2 KB

BB appears to be the correct default settings.....Accepted!

You should stick with these settings. Whether the 1st place score was achieved using BB is another issue. If you can provide enough proof that 148k isn't possible on BB, then you may want to have someone open a score dispute for you..
Join us