Post Verdict Dispute Discussion:Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

1. 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    How long does Rodrigo have to upload this video? I don't want to be permanently banned 8 years down the road for a mistake I made when I was 8 years younger.
    Not sure what you mean. Whether or not he posts his performance now has nothing to do with TG. He should do whatever he feels comfortable with.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  2. 12-06-2019, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I do believe that ANY score in the database has to be proven impossible/cheated/glitched/incorrect settings/incorrect rules followed/scoreboard input error/incorrect game are all reasons to remove a score. Highly Improbable is not one of them and a persons actions during a dispute are not one of them.
    What you are saying with this is that you think that Rodrigo gets to be the one to decide the outcome of this dispute. You may not realized it, but given how little of the video we actually have, and that the time itself is theoretically possible, that unless someone finds a splice or other telltale issue in that bit, we don't have the resources to meet that criteria. And we won't have those resources unless Rodrigo shares his video. That gives him all the power.

We *can't* set a standard where the person whose score is being disputed gets to be the gatekeeper for the validity of the dispute, at least not if we hope to have any legitimacy to the site's scoreboard. Because then we've set a standard that only gets met in the smallest fraction of cases.
  3. 12-06-2019, 03:18 PM
    Name:  rodrigozelda7.PNG
Views: 131
Size:  79.5 KB

Maybe a former ref can explain this image to me. That's a lot of scores verified by a ref that Rodrigo had. Not even other former ref mass submitters from overseas had that luxury.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Barra, datagod liked this post
  4. 12-06-2019, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Whether or not he posts his performance now has nothing to do with TG. He should do whatever he feels comfortable with.
    I was afraid that even though the dispute is closed, Rodrigo could at a later date upload his video as evidence which in turn (if validated) would cause the brave few who "liked" your post to be banned forever as haters.

I am glad that is not the case.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  5. 12-06-2019, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i'll admit my memory could be wrong for this, but i could've sworn for the atari asteroids marathon that mike used to hold the record in, it was his brother who verified it. I even though that was thrown in his face when they complained about todd rogers 100 hr journey escape marathon. is this memory incorrect?

RTM REPLY - I remember that something else was happening concurrent with Mike's attempt as well as subsequent to Mike's attempt. Wolff was present for both officiating and tape swapping functions, but the other referees were kept in the loop as it was proceeding and I believe that the tapes were sent to a TG referee after the fact for co-validation...I just can't remember which.
  6. 12-06-2019, 06:14 PM
    Personal thanks to "Datagod" for his acknowledging my earlier comment (he knows which).

On an unrelated note I sure which TG tech would fix these forum post-lag issues...took me nearly 3 minutes to get something to post.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. 12-06-2019, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Name:  rodrigozelda7.PNG
Views: 131
Size:  79.5 KB

Maybe a former ref can explain this image to me. That's a lot of scores verified by a ref that Rodrigo had. Not even other former ref mass submitters from overseas had that luxury.
    Referee verified means live verification. DVD / VHS is what I would have expected, considering the distances. So my question is: does this mean that Team Brazil were verifying each other's scores, despite that being against the policy (the very policy that Barthax claims was some sort of trade secret, not to be shown to the community)?

Something smells rotten in Denmark and it isn't the Wensleydale.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  8. 12-06-2019, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post

So you are implying you know why Rodrigo's sub took less than a month to be accepted while the two main refs were gone but have no reason to give full disclosure

Just a reminder to some of the old refs that might be replying here or watching, and some of the older / members that have been around more than 10 years...........sometimes the adjudication queue got SO long that the other refs pitched in to help get it down. At one point about 10 years ago there was a backlog of about 2000 MAME scores to be verified. A few refs pitched in to help.

In regard to Glens quote above, it wasnt uncommon for a ref to pull a submission out of that HUGE queue and verify it if it was a game they were interested in or was considered "important". And fair enough, who cares about a 40th placed Centipede score (for example)

I'm not saying that that could have been the reason why Rodrigos score got verified in "less than a month" ....I'm just reminding you guys how it worked back then.

john

Likes Ninglendo, datagod liked this post
  9. 12-06-2019, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Just a reminder to some of the old refs that might be replying here or watching, and some of the older / members that have been around more than 10 years...........sometimes the adjudication queue got SO long that the other refs pitched in to help get it down. At one point about 10 years ago there was a backlog of about 2000 MAME scores to be verified. A few refs pitched in to help.

In regard to Glens quote above, it wasnt uncommon for a ref to pull a submission out of that HUGE queue and verify it if it was a game they were interested in or was considered "important". And fair enough, who cares about a 40th placed Centipede score (for example)

I'm not saying that that could have been the reason why Rodrigos score got verified in "less than a month" ....I'm just reminding you guys how it worked back then.

john

I would agree with that cause of I know of a couple of instances where that happened in the past. However, this particular instance we have one gamer that had to wait 11 months for verification (one that was in the US) and one that had to wait less than a month that was from another country. Mix that in with the two refs that was supposed to verify Rodrigo's run (one mandatory from a claim) were absent at the time. It makes zero sense.
  10. 12-06-2019, 07:10 PM
    Name:  image.png
Views: 154
Size:  68.0 KB

I can fill in those blanks with that last sentence...

OH, that Marc is such a "BULLY". He kicked my ass at chess in 9 moves. Refuses to play me again. "HYPCRITE" !!!
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Join us