Post Verdict Dispute Discussion:Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

1. 12-06-2019, 10:12 AM
    Whoa whoa whoa, where the hell did that come from?

Hypocrite? Bully?

You sound like you are about to turn into a Screeeeeeech or a Ben's Weenie. Are you extra sensitive because your pals were found to be cheating and you are afraid to be next?
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  2. 12-06-2019, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060327...pic.php?t=7010

The above link is a thread where Richard Ureta was asking about his Zelda sub. At that point in time he had been waiting 9 months for it to be verified. Kelly (the head NES ref at the time) said he had to send it to RTM for double verification.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/archive.../t-116021.html

The link there is from two months later announcing Richard's Zelda record. In that thread there is also talk about how Robert was on leave/limited capacity and Kelly was on vacation at FunSpot. @Barthax even notes that RTM's capacity listed on the site was indeed correct. He was only accepting MAME submissions at the time. So I am supposed to believe that one guy had to wait 11 months for a run to be verified going through two refs and Rodrigo can send in a submission from Brazil while both refs are absent and have it accepted less than a month later? Be real now. Also, with what @Snowflake was getting to that second thread there was no implying that Rodrigo HAD to send his record to RTM. Actually, it was implied to be the exact opposite in that thread.
    It was common place for people to wait 1+ years for verification. :P Sometimes a submission arrives when you have the opportunity to verify it. We weren't robots. As for my comment:

"Robert is a Senior Referee and just as eligible to review the tapes under any platform. Also note that the Metroid Team's submissions have been given significant internal discussion now that they are all referees. There's nothing to worry about to whom Rodrigo has sent his tape. :)"

You now have more facts behind that comment in this thread. :P
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 12-06-2019, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, where the hell did that come from?

Hypocrite? Bully?

You sound like you are about to turn into a Screeeeeeech or a Ben's Weenie. Are you extra sensitive because your pals were found to be cheating and you are afraid to be next?
    Without basis you called people liars.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 12-06-2019, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...his-OWN!/page2
    found it

to answer your questions
    year -- 2006
    referee making the comment -- actually it was you. for some reason in my memory it was rick carter but turns out it was you
    personalities involved and volatility -- all these names i think were respected and calm people but i could be wrong. you'd know better than i would.
    Just business secrets (see response to Ninglendo above).
  5. 12-06-2019, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    It was common place for people to wait 1+ years for verification. :P Sometimes a submission arrives when you have the opportunity to verify it. We weren't robots. As for my comment:

"Robert is a Senior Referee and just as eligible to review the tapes under any platform. Also note that the Metroid Team's submissions have been given significant internal discussion now that they are all referees. There's nothing to worry about to whom Rodrigo has sent his tape. :)"

You now have more facts behind that comment in this thread. :P
    I know it was common place which is why it makes no sense that Rodrigo had his sub go through in less than a month while the two refs were on leave. Your comment also doesnt imply that Rodrigo HAD to send his tapes to RTM which was a claim you made earlier. People were asking questions on why his refusal to send it to someone else and you told them RTM was qualified to do so. The comment also never states anything that was said in those internal discussions.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 12-06-2019, 10:26 AM
    ok, i will say there were some masterful semantics there so i'm gonna stand by "misleading" and not call anyone a liar. correct me if i'm reading wrong. but since it was said he the right to -- which would be true, of course he has the right to do the thing he is forced to do, while truthful under the interpertaion you give now sure comes off as misleading to me. Are you saying it was an intention secret (or are you joking when you say that) because there was some fair the truth would be even more volatile?

the impression given seems to raise more suspicion. heck when evener gave that same impression with the same word choice you were quick to correct the perception. i'm having trouble understanding why telling people he was forced to submit to rtm would cause more drama, since if anything it explains his actions. but ok, if that was the perception of the time, thank you for your input.
    Lode Runner Champion
  7. 12-06-2019, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    I know it was common place which is why it makes no sense that Rodrigo had his sub go through in less than a month while the two refs were on leave. Your comment also doesnt imply that Rodrigo HAD to send his tapes to RTM which was a claim you made earlier. People were asking questions on why his refusal to send it to someone else and you told them RTM was qualified to do so. The comment also never states anything that was said in those internal discussions.
    What business was it of non-staff to know the internal workings at any era? You should know this...
  8. 12-06-2019, 10:27 AM
    "without basis you called people liars!!"

Who did I call a liar? No names were mentioned. I asked a question. I'll ask another one.

Q. Did former referees cheat, lie, even commit crimes and go to prison?
    A. YES YES YES YES

There is plenty of basis FFS. You are officially put on the "not my pal" list.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  9. 12-06-2019, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    "without basis you called people liars!!"

Who did I call a liar? No names were mentioned. I asked a question. I'll ask another one.

Q. Did former referees cheat, lie, even commit crimes and go to prison?
    A. YES YES YES YES

There is plenty of basis FFS. You are officially put on the "not my pal" list.
    You made a cheap shot at all referees. I made a cheap shot in return. This is why you're often in the thick of the action on these forums. :P
  10. 12-06-2019, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    What business was it of non-staff to know the internal workings at any era? You should know this...
    Transparency for thee, but not for me.

SNIPPED!!! (removed by Secret Admin) -- apologies to everyone, especially Barthax. My temper got the best of me. :(

-- END OF LINE --
    Last edited by datagod; 12-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Join us