Post Verdict Dispute Discussion:Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

1. 12-10-2019, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I know of one referee that set a new low on accuracy while David Nelson was Chief Ref. Just like every other era, the this has nothing to do with abilities of the Chief Ref of the day. In this case it was that referee's aim for high quantity throughput (and, IMO, ego thereabouts) - multiple of my own TGSAP corrections are a result of this one individual.
    Name please? :D
  2. 12-10-2019, 08:21 AM
    Haha that guy. Ok you got me more people in charge should’ve seen his shenanigans but I still feel overall the mass fake scores were from another time. But point taken. We also saw the world through the eyes of scores we care about more. For me that guy offends me by using his knowledge of what was soon to be grandfathered too quickly sneak in a bunch of inaugural world records no one would be allowed to compete on
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  3. 12-10-2019, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonas View Post
    Name please? :D
    There's enough raking over coals in this thread & associated original dispute already. Looks like Snowflake has guessed already: honestly, the clue isn't difficult if you know the personalities (barely has been active on the forums in this era).
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    We also saw the world through the eyes of scores we care about more.
    This! :D Damn, I just don't get the hyper-hype over garbage characters like Mario and Sonic (urgh, Micky Mouse worse). Nintendo/Sega produced numerous pieces a low budget garbage but because that garbage carries a recognisable character: mass appeal and people care oodles that I don't give a flying ... .
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes Snowflake, thegamer1185 liked this post
  5. 12-10-2019, 08:58 AM
    The staff page responsibility was given to myself but that fact got lost on whomever was hiring & it quickly fell in+out of accuracy as I struggled to "find out" what was going on myself - "growing pains".

RTM REPLY - sorry you had to deal with that administrative hassle...I knew things were out of control everytime I saw a new person on the forum with "referee" status and I had no idea who they even were...I think Matthew Walters was one of them, he came out of nowhere and then was suddenly a staffer...and then suddenly was NOT a staffer
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  6. 12-10-2019, 09:03 AM
    This! :D Damn, I just don't get the hyper-hype over garbage characters like Mario and Sonic (urgh, Micky Mouse worse). Nintendo/Sega produced numerous pieces a low budget garbage but because that garbage carries a recognisable character: mass appeal and people care oodles that I don't give a flying ... .
    you take that back man, mario and nintendo are awesome

but yeah, exactly the point. not naming a name, but theres another person who i dont beleive ever cheated but pulled alot of sleazy tactics. some people are very upset over him. While i acknolwedge i dont approve of his antics, i'm actually pretty dispassionate about it, largely because its not a platform i compete on. i realize full well if anyone pulled the same stunts on a console i play on i'd be "character assasinating" him left and right, but since it doesnt affect me, i can acknowledge the issues, express my sympathy to those effected, and then move on without emotion about it.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  7. 12-10-2019, 05:15 PM
    Since other inquiring minds want to know, @Jace Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Literally just trying to do something helpful while I was in process of addressing my ACTUAL motivation for wanting to move it to your wall (which, at some point you may want to ask me what it was).
    Okaaaaaaay. What was your actual motivation, then?
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  15.9 KB
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  8. 12-10-2019, 06:10 PM
    A flying what??? You build me up with that great remark about Nintendo/Sega, and then just like that you pull a Soprano's and leave a god damned dingle-berry to hang there to laugh at me. Dick move man!! Thanks for leaving me hanging! A flying dog? A mouse? Airplane? What man, what is it!?....Butt hole.
    Last edited by thegamer1185; 12-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.
  9. 12-10-2019, 08:39 PM
    In other questions... Where are the runs video claimed he would upload after the dispute?
    Likes ersatz_cats, Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  10. 12-10-2019, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    In other questions... Where are the runs video claimed he would upload after the dispute?
    It takes time to put together a "re-splice", of an already past spliced video.
    Give it a few more weeks for him to humiliate himself, yet again.
    Likes datagod, Snowflake liked this post
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Join us