Post Verdict Dispute Discussion:Dispute: Angela Stefanski - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - The Legend of Zelda - NTSC - Fastest Completion [1st Quest] - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 31:37.0

  1. 12-10-2019, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    The first time I can remember any reference to Videogiochi was Mark's post. My memory is failing on anything Nibbler related. :(


    At around 20:30 into the video :)
  2. 12-10-2019, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonas View Post


    At around 20:30 into the video :)
    I've found a probable good reason why my memory is failing:

    Name:  Nibbler.png
Views: 93
Size:  32.4 KB

    :P
  3. 12-10-2019, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I've found a probable good reason why my memory is failing:

    Name:  Nibbler.png
Views: 93
Size:  32.4 KB

    :P
    Ahh, should have known UK has pretty strict copyright tendencies :D Anyways, it's just the Italian Nibbler gamer talking about reading that magazine.

    Name:  image.png
Views: 79
Size:  407.3 KB
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  4. 12-10-2019, 06:54 AM
    Name:  image.png
Views: 78
Size:  595.4 KB

    This didn't age well.
  5. 12-10-2019, 07:15 AM
    In David Nelson’s defense I don’t think many fake scores got through under his watch
    Lode Runner Champion
  6. 12-10-2019, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    In David Nelson’s defense I don’t think many fake scores got through under his watch
    I know of one referee that set a new low on accuracy while David Nelson was Chief Ref. Just like every other era, the this has nothing to do with abilities of the Chief Ref of the day. In this case it was that referee's aim for high quantity throughput (and, IMO, ego thereabouts) - multiple of my own TGSAP corrections are a result of this one individual.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  7. 12-10-2019, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I know of one referee that set a new low on accuracy while David Nelson was Chief Ref. Just like every other era, the this has nothing to do with abilities of the Chief Ref of the day. In this case it was that referee's aim for high quantity throughput (and, IMO, ego thereabouts) - multiple of my own TGSAP corrections are a result of this one individual.
    Name please? :D
  8. 12-10-2019, 08:21 AM
    Haha that guy. Ok you got me more people in charge should’ve seen his shenanigans but I still feel overall the mass fake scores were from another time. But point taken. We also saw the world through the eyes of scores we care about more. For me that guy offends me by using his knowledge of what was soon to be grandfathered too quickly sneak in a bunch of inaugural world records no one would be allowed to compete on
    Lode Runner Champion
  9. 12-10-2019, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonas View Post
    Name please? :D
    There's enough raking over coals in this thread & associated original dispute already. Looks like Snowflake has guessed already: honestly, the clue isn't difficult if you know the personalities (barely has been active on the forums in this era).
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    We also saw the world through the eyes of scores we care about more.
    This! :D Damn, I just don't get the hyper-hype over garbage characters like Mario and Sonic (urgh, Micky Mouse worse). Nintendo/Sega produced numerous pieces a low budget garbage but because that garbage carries a recognisable character: mass appeal and people care oodles that I don't give a flying ... .
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Snowflake, thegamer1185 liked this post
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 256
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Join us