Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 37.468 - Terence O'Neill

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 37.468 - Terence O'Neill

12-06-2019, 06:23 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203185
    Rules
    • Time Attack, options: Level = Normal (default), all other options are player's choice.
    • Your lap time is taken from the Result screen.
    • No pausing, no cheat codes, no continues allowed.
    • You may only use the car type (stock, formula, prototype) that is specified in the game title, any transmission and any number of laps.

Submission Message
    Settings at 0:23 , Fastest Lap begins on the 20th lap at 13:34
    I wasn't at max speed at the start of the lap and I clipped an edge a bit. I hit everything else nicely though, so it turned out to be a good one. Listen to me working the hell out of the controller on the final turn. I wasn't effin' around..lolllll! Last time I worked it like that, the D-pad literally fell off in my hand. You can just snap it right back into place though. The 3-button controllers are built sturdier.
    Anyway, I'll be back at this one soon.

Thanks for watching

@Rogerpoco

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Marcade, nads liked this post
  2. 12-06-2019, 07:27 AM
    That's the best way for me to get a couple feet from the car before you go busting out of the pits-got tired of you running over my foot...
    :D

Naw, I DO think it takes guts of steel to sit there in box formation, waiting for a car to pull into the pitbox at 60+MPH, I'd pretend I could do it, but I'd bail, I'm sure...

Haha, that last corner, rat-tat-tat!!!

Accepted!!!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  3. 12-06-2019, 04:30 PM
    Accepted!!
  4. 12-06-2019, 11:42 PM
    nice lap man pretty good for second fastest time lol .
    Likes RaGe, nads liked this post
  5. 12-06-2019, 11:46 PM
    good to see you confidence growing and staying on the accelerater longer, if you can dind a way to get that last corner without slowing down then a 36.9 lap might be possible
    Likes nads liked this post
  6. 12-06-2019, 11:47 PM
    also I'm starting a partition to get @Rogerpoco on rhis game or the Megadrive version
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  7. 12-07-2019, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Weston View Post
    also I'm starting a partition to get @Rogerpoco on rhis game or the Megadrive version
    Haha-I talked to my PAL Guy in the UK about getting another Megadrive eventually(mine's broken), so fingers crossed!
    :)
    So they say
  8. 12-07-2019, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Weston View Post
    if you can find a way to get that last corner without slowing down then a 36.9 lap might be possible
    I don't think it's possible with this car, but yea, definitely sub-37 if it happens.
  9. 12-07-2019, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Haha-I talked to my PAL Guy in the UK about getting another Megadrive eventually(mine's broken), so fingers crossed!
    :)
    Forget that....(lol)............Get the Genesis version! :D It's no comparison to the awesome 32X version, but it's not bad. I still laugh at what the hell is going on inside the cartridge, with heat shields! It should have been much better. But it's fun. Come to think of it, when I upgraded my cartridge a few years ago, I sent @Marcade my old cart..........Step up to the plate there, Mr. Fancy Pants!
    Name:  vader.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  14.2 KB
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Marcade, nads liked this post
  10. 12-07-2019, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Forget that....(lol)............Get the Genesis version! :D It's no comparison to the awesome 32X version, but it's not bad. I still laugh at what the hell is going on inside the cartridge, with heat shields! It should have been much better. But it's fun. Come to think of it, when I upgraded my cartridge a few years ago, I sent @Marcade my old cart..........Step up to the plate there, Mr. Fancy Pants!
    Name:  vader.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  14.2 KB
    Not going to swear to this at all, or even that the "events" match up, but I actually wonder if the Virtua Racing cart may have been what "messed up" my Megadrive-voltage always worried me, using a "random" power supply(the #'s matched up), and I wonder if that wonky cart may cause some attenuation that fried it.
    SEEMS like experimenting with that game was the last thing I did on it, but I wouldn't swear to it.
    So they say
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us